Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Hi! I've got a couple of suggestions.

While playing solo with 4 characters in the party, inventory management can be a little bit tedious, so here go some of my thoughts.

1) I believe that adding a "batch selection" feature would improve this drastically, so players can select many items and perform actions on all of them at the same time, i.e. moving all those weapons collected by your main character to a specific character's inventory.

2) A search box could be added to the filters area, in order to search for a specific item.

3) Backpacks, chests and pouches are useful to store many items and provide "user-defined categories", but adding things to them might be bugged. When having the container opened, and dragging an item, a dotted outline is shown around the container item, suggesting that dropping the item on top of the container's icon would store the item inside, but that's not the case. On the same note, maybe we could have the ability to rename these containers for easier and better organization.

3.1) Equipment stored inside containers (backpacks, chests, pouches...) should be shown when clicking an equipment slot in the Equipment window.

4) The inventory window could have the keyboard shortcuts/actions labeled at the bottom, i.e. Split: Shift + Drag, Send to Wares: Shift + Click, and so on for all the options.

5) I think the right-click drop down menu for items inside the inventory window has a pretty but slow animation that could be sped up a little.

I apologize if any (or all) of these had been discussed before, or even planned into the game, but these are my thoughts after some hours into the game. grin

Last edited by Gabrihell; 10/07/21 09:15 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I just logged in just to make a suggestion for point number 2! thankfully you already did!! =D

indeed the most time consuming thing in DoS2 was looking for an item in my huge inventory lol. A search bar/feature would be AMAZING!

But also the features you have suggested are great. Please Larian a search feature is a must.

Cant wait to play the full game! Keep up larian!

veteran
veteran
If you need a search feature in a video game inventory... it means that something goes wrong in my opinion.

Too many useless items to pick everywhere.

Being able to pick the spoons MAY be cool (not to me, at all), but to begin with the game should never highlight those decorations when you click shift, or alt... (Don't remember the shortcut to highlight items).

A better understanding of items would help not to have our Inventory full of crap.

Then YES, definitely YES to improve the bag system.

- specific bags to sort specific item (gems, quiver, scroll bag, potion case, ..).

Eventually with different colors for the same item so we can have a potion case for offensive potions and another for healing/buff potions and visually notice a difference.

- the popup when you click those bags should Always appear at the same place and NOT in the middle of the screen. It's a pain when you have those bags in your hotbar and open them.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
Inventory management certainly needs work. Far too much time is spent on that now (by the player).

Besides the points already made, I frequently made mistakes with inventory management because equipping or using an item does not depend on whose inventory you are rummaging in, but on who the selected character is. For me it kept on being unintuitive, leading to characters wearing the wrong equipment or the wrong characters consuming potions or food.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
If you need a search feature in a video game inventory... it means that something goes wrong in my opinion.

Being able to pick the spoons MAY be cool (not to me, at all), but to begin with the game should never highlight those decorations when you click shift, or alt... (Don't remember the shortcut to highlight items).

Yea, it can feel that way when there are many items on screen and you're looking for useful stuff. I actually think it would be nice to be able to configure what kind of object does get highlighted when you press the button. So if you configure it and say you only want to see consumables and equipment for example, nothing else will clutter your screen...
I think Path Of Exile has a great "filter" system so you wouldn't even be able to see nor pick "garbage" up if it was filtered out. Might be overkill here, but still very useful for that kind of stuff...

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Sardaukar123
indeed the most time consuming thing in DoS2 was looking for an item in my huge inventory lol. A search bar/feature would be AMAZING!

For sure. I tend to pick a lot of stuff up "just in case", and when that case comes to happen, I have to spend a lot of time searching for that damn item grin

It's just a very handy tool to have. Hope they add it at some point smile

Batch selection would make it sooooo much easier to manage.
Not to mention, the interface for the inventory and vendors isn't nearly as precise or reactive as it should be. Double click for selling for example is really annoying and not always works (in DOS2, you click once and the item goes immediately on the trade 'column' or whatever you want to call it.)
Dragging items from one character's inventory to another sometimes also results in the item not moving at all or not ending up in the slot I want place it in. Some items are also bugged and can't be picked up from corpses (some armor pieces that can be looted from the enemies outside of the crypt come to mind) and you have to send them to someone else's inventory by right-clicking on the item while looting the corpse.
In general, the inventory system needs some polish.

- Firm believer in Mindflayer supremacy -
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

A better understanding of items would help not to have our Inventory full of crap.

Only i didnt pick up spoons and plates. Those were easy to spot since they went in miscellaneous. Its the "ingredient" quest items that are in the middle of the tons of other ingredients. all crafting viable. Even when I just wanted to craft something it was hard to find what i was looking for even though the whole point of crafting items was to shrink the inventory and turn everything into stacks of useful things. The amount of stuff is overwhelming and red prince has too much strength.

all of that and they were filtered by 1 tab. never use all the tab. It needs a search bar.

Link Copied to Clipboard