Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
And have unique dialogues with goblins. That's it. Thank you.

old hand
old hand
I mean, I want Goblin to be added as a player race, so it should make sense for Small races to be allowed to be a Gobbo with disguise selse.

veteran
veteran
I want to march on Baldur's Gate with an Army of Goblins that I dominated and recruited personally.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
This is one of those ideas which sounds simple, but is deceptively complex.

What is meant by "unique dialogues"? Just an acknowledgement of "Hello fellow goblin. Goodbye." or something unique to each goblin? Should named goblins get unique dialogue and unnamed goblins get generic? Should goblins question whether this strange new goblin is part of the camp or not. What about reactions the goblins have to things your disguised character does? And did we forget to mention that all of this needs voice acting?

The amount of things to take into consideration could spiral out of control.

I wouldn't mind having Goblin as a playable race, then you'd just need to have a quick disguise skill roll to see if they gave you the same reaction they'd give to a player with the Goblin race or if they'd catch on to your disguise.

That being said, I think being able to turn Sazza into a camp follower and/or romance option would be neat. Maybe instead of a full sex scene, just give a shadow embrace scene fading to black as she says "Mighty Booyagh!"

Last edited by The_BlauerDragon; 13/07/21 09:27 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The_BlauerDragon
I wouldn't mind having Goblin as a playable race, then you'd just need to have a quick disguise skill roll to see if they gave you the same reaction they'd give to a player with the Goblin race or if they'd catch on to your disguise.

That being said, I think being able to turn Sazza into a camp follower and/or romance option would be neat. Maybe instead of a full sex scene, just give a shadow embrace scene fading to black as she says "Mighty Booyagh!"

I had a player in one of my groups who was obsessed with romancing a Goblin. Romancing is too kind a euphemism for what he wanted to do but you guys get the idea.

We said we'd "do our best" but no matter what we tried we couldn't get that option.

Can you have a half-goblin? There is a Goblin in the camp who
is interested in romancing Minthara so
I guess that does happen.

Blackheifer
old hand
old hand
Half-goblins apparently exist in the north near Icewind Dale.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Stabbey
This is one of those ideas which sounds simple, but is deceptively complex.

What is meant by "unique dialogues"? Just an acknowledgement of "Hello fellow goblin. Goodbye." or something unique to each goblin? Should named goblins get unique dialogue and unnamed goblins get generic? Should goblins question whether this strange new goblin is part of the camp or not. What about reactions the goblins have to things your disguised character does? And did we forget to mention that all of this needs voice acting?

The amount of things to take into consideration could spiral out of control.

I understand there would be a lot involved, I'm not looking to see it implemented in EA, more of a long term final product thought. I assume they are still working on dialogue and quest branches for gnome, half-orc, and other races as well as classes so the throughput of work could be streamlined if goblin stuff is worked in while that's happening.

That being said, I don't think my one suggestion will change their course of action. I feel there may be a good chance they already have this in mind. And if they don't, then it won't happen. No biggie.

veteran
veteran
I would be all in for discuising small races as Goblins ...
But im not quite sure about the dialogues ... for one, it could end up as another layer of development hell for Larian ... and for two, it sounds like lot of work, concidering only part (those who use the spell) of part (those who play small race), will be able to see it. :-/

Honestly, personaly i would be quite cool with them ignoring my goblin as long as i dont talk to them ... and if i do, simply say something like "never seen ya before" ... and continue with generic conversation.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
simply say something like "never seen ya before" ... and continue with generic conversation.

That would be enough for me to consider it a unique dialogue interaction. Just affirm that I'm a goblin. Like how

***SPOILERS***

the guard at the gate will say something like "Step aside, Drow coming through" and then not much different from that. That's totally enough for me.

"Never seen you before."
"Back to work, feck shite!"
Something like that

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
concidering only part (those who use the spell) of part (those who play small race), will be able to see it.
Now let's talk about taller people disguising themselves as bugbears... haha

Last edited by Baddum12; 15/07/21 05:15 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard