Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
One handed melee, dual weilded melee and ranged is covered, however there is not an option for two handed weapons; I feel the +1 AC is a 'generic' buff. This is probably a reflection of the rules (they've never seemed to particularly want rangers using two-handers since DND 3.0) but I would like to channel my inner Minsc and Boo. more easily.

Also, about that holding animation... [Linked Image from media.discordapp.net]

Last edited by Some_Twerp753; 16/07/21 01:48 PM.
veteran
veteran
I just want to react on that animation ...
I have mixed feelings about it ... on one hand, i like the fact that our characters refuses to sheath this weapon, since its BURNING FFS! ... on the other hand, it looks extremely dangerous (and quite stupid) to run around with a sword like that. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I mean you said it yourself, it's not Part of the rules...

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
veteran
veteran
Just a side note, but... I find the "flaming sword" effect a bit overdone.
I think they may tone down a bit. Dragon's Dogma should be a good reference for how to make "weapon buffs" visually striking and cosmetically appealing without overdoing it.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Oh, I love the visuals, but holding a magically flaming sword like that is making me wonder if the tadpole isn't nomming Tav's brain away because they simply don't have one, lol

old hand
old hand
In this case I like the visuals of the sword because it is more an optional reward for beating something you normally shouldn't and it is an on fire sword from a devil.

For the fighting style thing, personally I wouldn't homebrew that because I still feel like Larian should put Ranger resources to implementing the optional tasha's stuff, so that when one levels up they have the option to choose between OG Ranger or Tasha's Ranger features and then from there choose whatever.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by Tuco
Just a side note, but... I find the "flaming sword" effect a bit overdone.
I think they may tone down a bit. Dragon's Dogma should be a good reference for how to make "weapon buffs" visually striking and cosmetically appealing without overdoing it.

I love that you mentioned Dragon's Dogma as an example of visually appealing weapon buffs, I love that game.

Link Copied to Clipboard