Next Thread
Print Thread
D
D3VII_ Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I am not sure if this is a bug or its intended, but: i got my warlock to level 3, selected "devils sight" to see in magical darckness and took the "darckness" spell. when i cast the spell my companions were blinded and I and my imp familiar was NOT, whitch is all good at this point, i attacked with melee weapon no penalties, and penalties for companions that are blind, still all good; than i tried "eldritch blast" spell and it says my path is interupted, same if i trie to shoot with bow inside darckness. I am unsure if this is intended or not, but in my opinion if you have devils sight you should be able to see right throw the darckness and be bale to use eldritch blast in it, else whats the point of the combo? unless you are some type of melee warlock? or is this intended exactly for that reason?

**Side Note: Love your work Larian, your team is doing a grate job!**

Last edited by D3VII_; 16/07/21 05:08 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Isn't it working as described in the spell's description? If I remember correctly in the description it says that creatures cannot make ranged attacks into or out of the darkness. Now that doesn't mean that it makes sense. I guess darkness is really a spell for melee warlocks. Maybe a drow with a rapier? Or you could even take a githyanki and only focus on melee.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
The way my DM has always played is that if you are a warlock with devils sight you can most definitely shoot eldritch blast or bows into and out of darkness. That no ranged rule should apply only to ppl without devils sight. Looks like it’s still not quite implemented correctly.

veteran
veteran
Not sure if that is intented ...

But i recall someone around here talking about Darkness being wrong, since its suppose to work either as AoE or as a targettable buff with AoE Effect (like reverse version of Light cantrip) ...
That someone also claimed (if i remember it corectly) that this is core of his favourite play as a Warlock, that he casts Darkness on himself, and then simply moves with it ... having all benefits all the time. O_o

But i believe its worth mentioning that Darkness in tabletop can (unless i remember incorectly ofc) be cast out with light producing spells (cantrip included), wich is impossible in this game as far as i know. O_o

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 16/07/21 07:09 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Not sure if that is intented ...

But i recall someone around here talking about Darkness being wrong, since its suppose to work either as AoE or as a targettable buff with AoE Effect (like reverse version of Light cantrip) ...
That someone also claimed (if i remember it corectly) that this is core of his favourite play as a Warlock, that he casts Darkness on himself, and then simply moves with it ... having all benefits all the time. O_o

But i believe its worth mentioning that Darkness in tabletop can (unless i remember incorectly ofc) be cast out with light producing spells (cantrip included), wich is impossible in this game as far as i know. O_o

You are correct in that Darkness can target an area, or an object, but the darkness spell can only be canceled out by the light-producing spell Daylight, a 3rd level spell that specifies that it removes the effects of Darkness. Darkness removes all sources of non-magical light when it is present, and any magical light that comes into contact with it lower than 3rd level is dispelled. Darkness is a very fun and useful spell for how it functions in 5th edition for anyone with devil sight, which is now possible that anyone can have devil sight.

Edit: Also I'll include the new blind-fighting style introduced in Tasha's for 5th edition works very well within the darkness spell as well.

Last edited by Zaxtaj; 17/07/21 09:48 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard