Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I AM LOVING IT! The game is wonderful so far. The experience has been great. Combat is MUCH better. High Ground Advantage, though, still makes it a bit off-balance, but the other things Larian did with combat has been phenomenal.

I have noticed some glitching, mainly with cutscenes and dialogues. They are getting cut short. Shadowheart will be like, "Let's find a heale...." and before she finishes the sentence the cutscene ends abruptly. This is happening frequently throughout.

Also LOVING Zalk's Flaming Sword. My Drow Fighter thanks you for it! It also made fighting the end battle during the Prologue SO much more fun and challenging. While the demon was fighting the mind flayer, I came up and pummeled him with the whole team until he died and I could take his sword. VERY NICE!!!

Everything is flowing so much better, and the jump mechanic rocks! I also liked the ambiance of the different camps. The Dank Crypt camp was REALLY nice. Set the mood and tone nicely. Made me feel like my companions were really camping out while exploring some dark dungeon.

The rest mechanics are good too. My party enjoyed fish and rum for their first night's meal. Lol. It wasn't too clunky and annoying, but it at least gave some use for all the food items in the game. I liked it, so I hope you keep it in the game. Otherwise, what's the point of all the food and wine and such? Besides, it added some extra immersion to the game.

Yepp, it's fine. Running around as a polar bear is fun, even though I usually would play a sorcerer.

The only gripe would be the general 'mood'. I simply feel pathfinder kingmaker is more BG3 while BG3 is more DOS 3. I suspect that this is because of the slightly wacky way Larian designs worlds, characters and writes dialogue.

Right now, I feel world design, character design & general world crafting are the biggest weak points of Larian. But that is my own, personal opinion and other people might feel completely different.

Link Copied to Clipboard