Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#780916 17/07/21 06:56 AM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Let's start a thread about any bugs that have found their way into the cinematics as of Patch 5?
I realise patches can release bugs all over the place - but that's why I'm reporting them smile

Lae'zel on Nautiloid, cinematic standing next to my character, I think while watching the Red Dragon - she loses her eyes and war paint, her face looks "empty".

A few bugs have crept into Astarion's bite scene since Patch 5:

- Astarion voice line "shit!" plays as he just begins to reach for my neck - before he's attempted to bite, and before he is caught in the act. Previously it played (as it should) just as he's caught and recoils.
- blood appears on his lips halfway through the conversation (specifically, just as I use my Illithid Wisdom to pry into his mind - before he bites my character)
- The characters' positioning has shifted, so he is now holding and biting the air over my character, while she is lying down on her bedroll.
- In the morning-after-bite discussion, Shadowheart's reply "I better not wake up with fangs at my throat" plays twice.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Overall I am LOVING how much more smoothed out all the cinematic interactions are. Previously the animations were janky from one phrase to the next. Well - they're flowing very smoothly now!

I only JUST got the speaking-with-lips-closed bug after about 5 hours of play time, talking to Nettie.

Still getting the occasional character-in-wrong-place bug but much fewer instances of this so far than in Patch 4. Thank you Larian!

M
M
Hope this is the right place to report this, but I am still experiencing a number of fairly significant clipping issues during cut-scenes. The worst offender is the Mind-flayer controlling those 3 fisher-folk, but I see a fair few around the Druid's Grove too. Not a huge issue, but something I wanted to bring to your attention.

L
stranger
stranger
L
During a particular cutscene where my character drops to the ground, his hands are clipping through the ground upto his elbows. I *believe* it happened with the new cinematic for our shadow heart infront of the goblin camp entry.

In the same cutscene shadowheart was talking but the camera was focused on our resident githyank who was seen through the frame of my elbow.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A minor one, but I've just noticed that Astarion no longer sits and meditates at night at camp - he appears to lie down and sleep like everyone else. I am playing a Tiefling currently so I don't know if all elf characters have stopped meditating, or it's just him.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
So the 2nd Illithid Dream cinematic now flows much better, however the companions' reactions to it are now gone, except for Gale frown

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
A minor one, but I've just noticed that Astarion no longer sits and meditates at night at camp - he appears to lie down and sleep like everyone else. I am playing a Tiefling currently so I don't know if all elf characters have stopped meditating, or it's just him.
Elves were "sleeping" instead of "meditating" sometimes before. Are you sure he's always sleeping now?

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Yes - I've been keeping an eye on this, as he's always in my party, and he has not sat and meditated since Patch 5. He sleeps clutching his book.

addict
addict
Yes - I've been keeping an eye on this, as he's always in my party, and he has not sat and meditated since Patch 5. He sleeps clutching his book.
Maybe it's a bug, maybe just that random decided that Astarion should sleep MOAR, maybe they changed it to make his conversations about dreams make more sense. But my drow does meditate from time to time.

F
stranger
stranger
F
I've had a lot of problems with cinematics, characters not having the right eyelines (the tiefling by the tollhouse looked like she was breaking her back and looking up to the sky instead of actually looking at my character, also her crossbow randomly rotates in her hands which is kinda funny), the camera will be behind a character or piece of scenery or in the ground instead of where it's supposed to be so I can't see shit, the character I'm talking to will randomly spin around so I'm talking to their back or just keep spinning in a circle (Gale is notorious for it). I got to Astarion's romance scene and instead of coming forward through the treeline he yeeted himself backwards which was honestly hilarious and I hurt myself laughing.

When talking to Halsin post romance scene, every single one of my companions was there and Astarion, Shadowheart and Lae'zel became a merged three faced abomination in the background. Some of the cinematic problems have been honestly hilarious, but they're definitely a problem :P

The scene where the companions talk about the first dream and Astarion freaking out over his also never triggered frown

Last edited by Featherbow; 21/07/21 01:56 PM.
M
M

My Elf Character is always shown meditating in the camping scenes.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I believe i have experienced cinematic bug ...
Open at your own risk:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
D
stranger
stranger
D
wait until the romance scene plays. Astarion moves towards you, then hovers away. Damn those vamp powers are strong XD

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Found another Astarion-related bug - because obviously I pay way too much attention to him. laugh

When you gave him the Necromancy of Thay in Patch 4, you could not take the book out of his inventory - he'd say something like "I'll hold on to that!" and the book wouldn't move.
In Patch 5 those lines are gone and you can move the book between inventories freely frown

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by deltaslav
wait until the romance scene plays. Astarion moves towards you, then hovers away. Damn those vamp powers are strong XD

Heheh I haven't gotten to the romance scene yet in my Patch 5 playthrough! And I heard the kiss isn't patched back in, nevermind the spicy bits. frown Hoping for Patch 6... wink wink nudge nudge, Larian...

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by deltaslav
Ben there ... he didnt. O_o
Scene was working properly.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I believe i have experienced cinematic bug ...
Open at your own risk:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Oh my, Shadowheart looks possessed!

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Dont be so dramatic ...
I bet its just backfire from nat 1 when casting Darkvision. laugh

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
I had one when you talk to Zorru. When Laezel talked to him it looked like Astarion was coming out of her body.

stranger
stranger
After saving Shadowheart, we wake her up on the beach and she has a line "True. Seems like we're the lucky ones, judging by all the corpses strewn about." that doesn't have any lips movement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard