Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#781125 18/07/21 03:07 AM
Tey Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I'm curious, is there anyone who actually enjoys comments on every step you make?

If the answer is "YES", then I want an alternative, an option to turn this pointless noise OFF.

My heart will take me there, where my feet cannot...
There is an option to turn it off...

enthusiast
enthusiast
I love the new lines - but there is an option to turn down the frequency, or turn them off altogether if you're tired of them.
I thought I'd get sick of them really quickly like in BG1 but I actually love them.

Last edited by Alexandrite; 18/07/21 03:21 AM.
old hand
old hand
I like it but, wish there was a even more toned down version, or maybe a randomized version.

I did start out with the always on version, bumped it down to the next version and it still seemed to frequent.

Last edited by fallenj; 18/07/21 04:11 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fallenj
I like it but, wish there was a even more toned down version, or maybe a randomized version.

I did start out with the always on version, bumped it down to the next version and it still seemed to frequent.

SAME +1

I do like them, though. Makes me feel like the characters actually live and breathe. I especially like some of Lae'zels. But yeah, maybe a bit less frequent.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
I like them, but I hope we get an option like other games have that let's us pick a tone/personality archtype for those comments so they can be more consistent with the character we have in our head.

veteran
veteran
I like it ...
They are funny and usefull. :P

I love when my Tav is praing for good diceroll ...
I love when my Tav says "no traps please" when looting ... laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Tey Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Kryldost
There is an option to turn it off...
Found it. I guess I panicked a bit too soon grin

Tey Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I like it ...
Naturally, you even like the name "Taw" so much you never bothered to rename your character. laugh

They are funny and usefull. :P
Useful how?

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I enjoy them. Probably because BG1 & 2 have conditioned me that the active character always has something to say about every click of the mouse I make, and also combat is a contest to see which character can shout their catchphrase the most times.

So in that sense BG3 now feels more like a proper Baldur's Gate game.

veteran
veteran
It’s a classic top-down RTS feedback system - for example if you go to stealth you get an audio confirmation which makes it easier to confirm that the order went through. Not sure, how useful it is in a turn-based game though, especially with BG3 chain system, that makes smooth control of multiple characters difficult/impossible.

Still, once I try it, I am sure I will like it, especially if we can fiddle with frequency of the barks.

Last edited by Wormerine; 18/07/21 02:47 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tey
Naturally, you even like the name "Taw" so much you never bothered to rename your character. laugh
Actualy ... her name was Zyraela laugh
Tav in this context is more like a tytle to me, than a name ... you know, substitue for the word "protagonist" laugh

And actualy actualy ... i do like name Tav ... i even named my last tabletop character Tav, its short, its simple and it perfectly fits to my farmer boy ... you know, it is kinda weird, when urchin is named Ragnarok, or girl from farm where they had 12 childern bearing name Casiopea ... those are names for noble people. :P laugh

Originally Posted by Tey
Useful how?
Speaking for myself? As i said ...
When they pray for dices, it reminds me to save. laugh
When they hope that there will be no taps, it forced me few times to let them roam around before looting, to check if there is some passive roll. :P

Tey Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Tav in this context is more like a tytle to me, than a name ... you know, substitue for the word "protagonist" laugh
Or you could use MC, aka Main Character, it's even shorter. Just a thought =)

And actualy actualy ... i do like name Tav ... i even named my last tabletop character Tav, its short, its simple and it perfectly fits to my farmer boy ... you know, it is kinda weird, when urchin is named Ragnarok, or girl from farm where they had 12 childern bearing name Casiopea ... those are names for noble people. :P laugh
ROFL!!!

When they pray for dices, it reminds me to save. laugh
When they hope that there will be no taps, it forced me few times to let them roam around before looting, to check if there is some passive roll. :P
I pity you... evil

P.S.
Your sense of humor is appreciated, you managed to lighten up already a good day. Thanks =)

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by GM4Him

SAME +1

I do like them, though. Makes me feel like the characters actually live and breathe. I especially like some of Lae'zels. But yeah, maybe a bit less frequent.
"makes me feel like the characters actually live and breathe"

oh so you utter the same sentence over and over again when u change direction of where you are going? Jeez.

Frequency and variety needs to be adjusted. Its so annoying sometimes as well as out of context for role playing. Im scared to proceed in RP sense and then my character is going "lets get to it!" breaks immersion

Tey Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Sestuna
oh so you utter the same sentence over and over again when u change direction of where you are going? Jeez.

Frequency and variety needs to be adjusted. Its so annoying sometimes as well as out of context for role playing. Im scared to proceed in RP sense and then my character is going "lets get to it!" breaks immersion

You CAN adjust frequency by lowering it and point-click less. I didn't know that, so I panicked a little. =)
You can also turn the damn thing entirely, which is what I did. Options > Sound > Point-Click Frequency (or something of that sort).
I'm in no habit of talking to myself out loud. To me it's a sign of a mental disorder, especially when you utter everything or almost everything you do. So, turning it off makes sense to me and makes it feel far more natural.

Yeah at occasional, its nice. Sure they will loop back to the start eventually, but so would your spotify list if you abused the forward button ahahhaha

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sestuna
Originally Posted by GM4Him

SAME +1

"makes me feel like the characters actually live and breathe"

I even said previously that a little less would be good. Even the sometimes setting is a bit too much. However, I like when Lae'zel says something about stealth being more appropriate and jazz when crouching, or my character making a comment about hoping the chest isn't trapped.

Previously, they said nothing, so it felt almost like they were puppets. Having them say things adds flavor and life. I view what my character says as his or her thoughts. If it starts to annoy me, I shut it off for awhile.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tey
Or you could use MC, aka Main Character, it's even shorter. Just a thought =)
[Linked Image from memegenerator.net]

Link Copied to Clipboard