Sorry if this is redundant, but I wanted to note what as I see as a technical problem with fog cloud, and a cosmetic one.

First, I am really enjoying the new patch, and I am excited with how dynamic the game is starting to feel. There are some important fixes I think need to be made in general (add a dodge action, make hide an action for classes besides rogue, add a hold action, add a grapple, etc.), but all-in-all it's feeling fun. I also accept it should have some important differences from ttrpg 5e. Therefore, these are intended to be friendly comments as a part of the early-access format.

On fog cloud, I was playing in the crypt near the beach immediately post-nautiloid. I tried to use fog cloud to block view into a room, by placing it at the door. They were able to simply step back, to the other side of the fog cloud, and then shoot through it as though they could see to the other side without difficulty. It seems that the other side of the fog cloud should be heavily obscured as well. I mean, if you cannot see through it while you are inside it, you should not be able to see through to the other side of it when outside it.

On the cosmetic point, the blinded animation also felt distinctly out of place for those in the fog cloud. Characters writhe around as though they have poison or ink in their eyes, but they are simply in a cloud of fog. Is it possible to use a different blinded animation?

Anyway, thanks for all the work so far! I am so stoked for the progress you all have made.

Last edited by classl3ss; 18/07/21 03:18 AM.