Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Malrith
I am a simple woman, all I want is Bard.

Since 6 is supposedly a content patch, I'd be absolutely surprised if there wasn't at least one new class.

To above, I think it's both on and off topic.
Tbh, I don't really see any scenes in act 1a involving succubi or nymphs coming up therefore I seriously doubt they'd be in patch 6, but I've been surprised before.

Last edited by CJMPinger; 18/07/21 12:05 PM.
T
Banned
Banned
T
I do not know when Bard is released, but according what has been told all classes from Players Handbook will be included in full release. Bard is in Players Handbook. Well classes that I look forward seeing are example Paladin and Monk. I like martial arts in real life so Monk fits me.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 18/07/21 12:08 PM.
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
I do not know when Bard is released, but according what has been told all classes from Players Handbook will be included in full release. Bard is in Players Handbook. Well classes that I look forward seeing are example Paladin an Monk. I like martial arts in real life so Monk fits me.

Oh I know, I'm just impatient XD

- Firm believer in Mindflayer supremacy -
veteran
veteran
Monk is a class I would normally not care very much about, but I have to admit I'm pretty damn curious to see what Larian will do with its animations.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tuco
Monk is a class I would normally not care very much about, but I have to admit I'm pretty damn curious to see what Larian will do with its animations.

That's not something I considered. I wonder if they'd have to code different animations for their attacks if we got races that have natural claws as their normal unarmed attack?

veteran
veteran
What a cute coincidence ...
Me too! ... I want them all, at one place, with lots and lots of explosives ... then all i need is prepared fireball. laugh

(No hard feelings i hope :P )

That is actualy interesting question ...
I kinda expeted it to look exactly the same as when our characters dont have any weapon equipped, or as when you fight as Glut in underdark.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
That is actualy interesting question ...
I kinda expeted it to look exactly the same as when our characters dont have any weapon equipped, or as when you fight as Glut in underdark.
Well, maybe it will, but given that even far smaller games with a tighter budget often went the extra mile to animate something resembling "martial arts" for the monk, it would be somewhat weird if Larian decided to for the "minimum effort" path.
especially on the cosmetic side where they are apparently investing a lot of focus and resources.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by CJMPinger

That's not something I considered. I wonder if they'd have to code different animations for their attacks if we got races that have natural claws as their normal unarmed attack?
Well it could be akward with a Gnome or Dwarf monk trying to kick in head height of tall Elf or Human laugh.

I started training Karate when I was 13 years old then switched to Tae Kwon Do (which is basically same as Karate but the Tae Kwon Do training place was near where I lived) and when I was 17 years old participated in BIG Tae Kwon Do tournament with 16 partipiants and I got SILVER.

I did not have success when 18+ because it gets much harder with adults that have black belts in tournaments.
Anyway nowadays I can still kick in my head height and I train Bodycombat in my gym. We do kicks and punches into the air.

It has not need to be that special. I like the new COBRA KAI tv series that is plain old school Karate suitable for Monk moves. That or Kung Fu from Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris fight:

Chuck Norris uses Karate and Bruce Lee uses Kung Fu. It is movie agreed match though who wins, but the moves are real.

Women can be also good in martial arts, This is the best woman Titta Keinänen from my country Finland in Women heavy weight Karate (no maximum weight). She is the only FINN that has won GOLD in Karate Premiere League.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Compare that to winning GOLD in football Champions League! At her best she was rankde NR 2 in the world though at top level it is very equal. In Europe Championship she got Bronze which is pretty good considering the World Champion gold winner is from Europe.

Titta is agile see above!
Titta is tall and big woman! Do you see the man is not tall compared to her. Titta competes in Karate no maximum weight BIG WOMEN!
Titta is strong woman very good strenght!
Yeah it can be tricky get animations and moves correct for Monk Larian should get advice from someone that trains or have trained martial arts.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 18/07/21 01:58 PM.

To each their own wink

T
Banned
Banned
T

To each their own wink
Yes and congratulations to Italy you won men Europe Championship football this summer 2021. Good luck in World Championship football 2022 smile. Well though I am better at martial arts I do watch other sports. Will be interesting to see if they can get Monk moves enough ok.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 18/07/21 01:36 PM.
Yes and congratulations to Italy you won men Europe Championship football this summer 2021. Good luck in World Championship football 2022 smile.

Aw thank you. The memes were great, especially since we won Eurovision too which as far as I understand has never happened before in the same year XD

I am better at martial arts I do watch other sports. Will be interesting to see if they can get Monk moves enough ok.

The animations so far are very good, can't say if they'll be accurate, but I'm sure they'll look great nevertheless!

veteran
veteran
creepy post

seriously man, stop already. We get it, you're european and you like nudity/women.

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
creepy post

seriously man, stop already. We get it, you're european and you like nudity/women.

Not about being European can confirm it’s just about being perverted, but I digress.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
creepy post

True and so what? You bringing it up makes me returning to that topic nudity why dig it up when tried to change subject. When tried to start to talk about Monk class you tease again.

I am not creepy. I am natural and yes I like to see naked women. When wished nudity in Romance or for Succubus yes I meant it though as mentioned not need to be full nudity aka upper body naked.

Well and no you do not need to be a tall woman like TItta from my country Finland to be good in martial arts.
Here is a a short woman (or at least not tall woman) doing martial arts moves:

Yes I do like Europe and I am born in Europe. My country is not very good in football, but I want an European team to win GOLD in football World Championship 2022. It is not sure that happens. Example Brazil and Argentina are excellent in football.
What Russian martial arts video? Russia plays in Europe Championships and in sports are part of Europe.

Well and what? I do respect USA and Canada in sports. USA has many gold takers in running etc. Canada took GOLD , Finland Silver, USA Bronze and Germany 4th in previous Icehockey tournament year 2021. Year 2020 not played due to COVID 19 and Finland took GOLD icehockey year 2019,Canada silver, Russia Bronze and Czech Republic 4th.. Have I ever said I hate none European countries? No I have even said I like USA and I also like Canada.

Why discussing martial arts? I hope they do Monk class excellent to this game!

Last edited by Terminator2020; 18/07/21 03:57 PM.
veteran
veteran
Terminator, the next time you bring up nudity and sex, I'll suspend you for a week. This is the only warning I give.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Well OP you could seriously learn some manners. I will be content in one aspect when no new levels will be included in patch 6 as you wish laugh. Max level for whole game is likely going to be roughly level 11-13 as discussed. When whole game is released then yes will be available chapter 2 and chapter 3 and then you can rise to clearly higher level then 4. I like low-medium level content more then high level or say at least really high level content.
What most people want (other then say fixes) is what I would guess is a new class.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 18/07/21 05:39 PM.
D
addict
addict
D
Level 5 in D&D 5e is a large power jump. Martial classes (fighter, ranger, paladin, etcetera) make 2 attacks with the attack action at level 5. This comes close to doubling their damage output. Spell casters gain level 3 spells at level 5 (the confusion of that statement is built into the core of D&D btw) and some of those spells are both iconic and powerful (fireball for instance).

I don't feel any personal need to play at that level in early access, HOWEVER, I do think that it would be a very good idea for Larian to release it early so that they can evaluate level 5 characters vs the early game content. I expect that level 5 will make fights that seem really difficult now very easy, and this is exactly the sort of thing that their telemetry should have a look at.

As far as acts 2 and 3 are concerned, Larian's pattern in past games has been to wait until release to expose them... Both DoS 1 and DoS 2 released only the first act in early access. I would be very surprised if they change that practice now.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by dwig
Level 5 in D&D 5e is a large power jump. Martial classes (fighter, ranger, paladin, etcetera) make 2 attacks with the attack action at level 5. This comes close to doubling their damage output. Spell casters gain level 3 spells at level 5 (the confusion of that statement is built into the core of D&D btw) and some of those spells are both iconic and powerful (fireball for instance).

I don't feel any personal need to play at that level in early access, HOWEVER, I do think that it would be a very good idea for Larian to release it early so that they can evaluate level 5 characters vs the early game content. I expect that level 5 will make fights that seem really difficult now very easy, and this is exactly the sort of thing that their telemetry should have a look at.

As far as acts 2 and 3 are concerned, Larian's pattern in past games has been to wait until release to expose them... Both DoS 1 and DoS 2 released only the first act in early access. I would be very surprised if they change that practice now.
True about level 5, but I am still not interested in it in patch 6 as possible content. Well not that I cry if level 5 would be included in some stage of Early Access. There are reports that patch 5 made some fights more easy and it is at least more fast gameplay so if you die you can take load quicker and try again.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 18/07/21 08:45 PM.
Aesthetic changes
I would honestly hope they'd consider implementing the re-colored versions of the armor found throughout the early access. Not only is it weird but it feels unimmersive that every armor is identical, with the same color scheme.
Also the option to let us choose the starting gear when making a character. It is a roleplay game, not being able to choose your characters clothing and weapon feels lazy.
Sure there are mods to work around the issues as of now but they're clumsy and take a lot of individual input to make them work how you want to.
Cosmetic gripes aren't really the pressing issue in Early Access, I get it, but I feel it would help the replayability a ton. Making a Fighter character with a darker backstory in mind, without scarring options in the character creation and then being stuck with a longsword and that basic drab leather armor feels like an insult to the meaning of roleplay.

New race(s) and a new class
This one doesn't seem far-fetched to expect. Gnomes are the logical continuation of that pool, we've seen them in the Early Access since it first came out, though I'd personally be more happy if they included Half-Orcs or Dragonborn. I don't think its too far-fetched to expect multiple additions in that department but I won't get my hopes up.
From a new class I'd expect either Paladin or Barbarian.

Making Nat 20s feel more impactful in combat
It just feels flat. Its been brought up before on the forums.
Instead of bonking the opponent with a zoomed in camera, how about making it more like a finisher. I'm not talking Mortal Kombat type of gore, but as it is, the Nat20 roll on an attack doesn't feel like an achievement. It lets you down even more if you kill the opponent with it. So yeah I'd like to see my good rolls actually play out as if they were good rolls and not just a run of the mill bonk over the head. laugh

Last edited by S2PHANE; 18/07/21 06:13 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by S2PHANE
New race(s) and a new class
This one doesn't seem far-fetched to expect. Gnomes are the logical continuation of that pool, we've seen them in the Early Access since it first came out, though I'd personally be more happy if they included Half-Orcs or Dragonborn. I don't think its too far-fetched to expect multiple additions in that department but I won't get my hopes up.
On the contrary, in PFH-3 Swen specicifcly told us that they dont plan to implement many other races, since they wish to keep some of them as surprise for release.

Personaly i still believe that Half-Orc, and Dragonborn should certainly by implemented asap ... since misstakes in those designs could potentialy angry many people. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard