Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
TheHero Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Again, every time i play BG3 im surprised of what can happen if you do something else.
F.e. first time i was too late to rescue anyone in Waukeens rest, so i had a bunch of new angles and different storybits.
Wonderfull.
But then i found this "note" again (never thought much about it until today) in the backyard of the Inn.

A "Wanted" Note about a stolen Statue which is normally found in Baldurs Gate City.
That Statue depicts a Ranger.
Today 20.07.2021, i heard in a Video about upcoming Comics with story about Minsc and his Ranger friend on an adventure which leads to BG3 events.
This is a nice Addition to the overall Story arc.

I wont say this loud, but could this mean we meat Minsc again?

veteran
veteran
Spoilers - yes it is very very likely he will be a playable character based on some datamining people did of the game

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
So they took Branwen's origin story and gave it to Minsc, huh?

veteran
veteran
I really hope he's not a playable character. Either his personality is going to be drastically different (he wasn't exactly super complicated back then) or he's going to come across as way too different from the rest of the companions.

veteran
veteran
I don't know maybe this is what this roster needs

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Will Speak with Animals allow us to talk to the hamster Boo?

Care to guess what kind of voice/personality they'll give him?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by agouzov
Will Speak with Animals allow us to talk to the hamster Boo?

Care to guess what kind of voice/personality they'll give him?
Never thought about that... Damn it

V
V
Isn't there also a note about the spacehamster itself in a note in the grove?

In any case, I hope he is in. He is a fan favourite and the game is sorely lacking stuff that makes it resemble BG1 and 2. Also I do not see how you could really screw up his character, he is a simple and good dude, and the jokes write themselves with him. Although judging from the companions so far, we have a lot of particularly edgy characters.

Last edited by VincentNZ; 20/07/21 06:22 PM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
I really hope he's not a playable character. Either his personality is going to be drastically different (he wasn't exactly super complicated back then) or he's going to come across as way too different from the rest of the companions.
I really hope it's a single quest you help him with or something. Heck, I'm not even happy Minsc got hauled 'out' of Baldur's Gate I and II for comics and stuff.

veteran
veteran
I believe that petrified Minsc isn't Larians doing but was in lore before BG3 (vague hearsay - I don't know BG-related products outside main games)

addict
addict
I would love for Minsc to be in the game; however, I don’t think they can do him right as a long term companion. I would love a quest with him, but that’s it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wormerine
I believe that petrified Minsc isn't Larians doing but was in lore before BG3 (vague hearsay - I don't know BG-related products outside main games)

Long story short: Minsc and Boo were petrified right after the Bhaalspawn saga, exposed as a golden statue in Baldur's Gate for like a hundred years, unpetrified accidently by a wild mage and resumed his adventures. Meanwhile, his "statue" was replaced with a REAL statue without anyone knowing.

TheHero Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Gt27mustang
Originally Posted by Wormerine

Long story short: Minsc and Boo were petrified right after the Bhaalspawn saga, exposed as a golden statue in Baldur's Gate for like a hundred years, unpetrified accidently by a wild mage and resumed his adventures. Meanwhile, his "statue" was replaced with a REAL statue without anyone knowing.

If thats the lore behind it, then the replaced Statue has been stolen and that will lead to a funny quest about someone trying to unpetrify a mundane Statue and all time failing.
That Guy is then asking us to help him get some rare magical ingredients to make a better unpetrify spell. smile
Lol, that would be interesting. And of course sometime later after Quest has been resolvedd we meet Minsc in person somewhere...Buggers i spoilered a nice idea now.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The Mindflayers have placed a tadpole inside Boo, knowing he is the brains in the pair.

Minsk, having lost not ONE, but TWO witches, is desperate to save Boo, and joins your group in that endeavor.

Boo, having learned the Speak with Animals spell, casts it frequently on Minsk, enabling the group to converse with and understand Minsk, who of course - while unpetrified in body - remains "stoned" in mind.

Ultimately, you learn that Boo is in fact, the Absolute, and has been planning his rise to Godhood and conspiring with the Ilithids and the Evil 3 since the end of BG2.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard