Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Mars30 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I have well over 200 hours in EA and love BG3. You have made many great improvements and I support taking as long as is needed to create the gold standard in DnD games. Like any avid DnD player, I enjoy character development and leveling. I'm a bit of a min-maxer and cant wait for 3 additions 1) the remaining classes 2) Multiclassing and 3) a higher max level

Can we talk about raising the max level in EA to 5 and more importantly, what is the targeted new max level for the full game? I was very excited to hear Sven say BG3 was going to increase from the original 10th level. Might I suggest we reach for the stars and set 14 as the new max? What is the current level cap target?

If you raise the level cap in EA to 5 and continue to add new classes I might give you another 200+ hours or data to collect

smile

Keep up the great work

addict
addict
Last I heard it was lvl 10… seems kinda low unless xp rate gained is nerfed. That being said, this gives room for dlc and bg4 smile in 20 years.

M
Mars30 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Actually Sven noted way back after the first Panel From Hell they were raising the max level from 10. The question is.....what's the new estimated number. 14 please

veteran
veteran
Right now i believe its quite possible they dont even know yet. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I hope they leave something for the next game

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Mars30
Actually Sven noted way back after the first Panel From Hell they were raising the max level from 10. The question is.....what's the new estimated number. 14 please
No please not. I do not like to high level content. Level 11-13 is more likely anyway as max level content when fully released. I seriously do not want to postpone release date to year 2024. This game will be released year 2022 or year 2023 earliest.

T
addict
addict
T
12-15 is about the point a lot of their longer printed adventure cycles end, so that wouldn't be surprising.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Thrythlind
12-15 is about the point a lot of their longer printed adventure cycles end, so that wouldn't be surprising.
Believe what you want I do not believe even 2% chance that there will be level 15 at full release. BG1 was not high level at all. BG2 was high level yes but did not start from level 1 not even near level 1 was the start. I still have my estimate level 11-13 at full relaase.

T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Believe what you want I do not believe even 2% chance that there will be level 15 at full release. BG1 was not high level at all. BG2 was high level yes but did not start from level 1 not even near level 1 was the start. I still have my estimate level 11-13 at full relaase.

I'm not sure what to believe to be honest. I'm only saying that stuff like Princes of the Apocalypse end at about 14/15. Strahd ends at about 8 though and Salt Marsh only has a full adventure up to 11 but has assorted material up to 14.

T
Banned
Banned
T

I'm not sure what to believe to be honest. I'm only saying that stuff like Princes of the Apocalypse end at about 14/15. Strahd ends at about 8 though and Salt Marsh only has a full adventure up to 11 but has assorted material up to 14.
Here we go again. Max level should be most level 13. Well and max level could also be level 11-12 and that would be perfectly fine smile.

Lol what demanding. In BG1 your max level was 7 back in the days. This at least before any expansion.

Sorry this seems to be sounding like children wanting icecream to much. Solasta MAX level at full release is level 10.

Any max level between 10-13 is fine for me. I dont want intial release be to high level and postpone relased date to year 2024.
Creating has seemed to be slow... (though we can not know if they create other acts at same time). There is enough to do this game does not need to support high levels at release.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 22/07/21 12:28 AM.
T
addict
addict
T

Here we go again. Max level should be most level 13. Well and max level could also be level 11-12 and that would be perfectly fine smile.

Lol what demanding. In BG1 your max level was 7 back in the days. This at least before any expansion.

Umm, I still don't see what I've said that could be demanding. I literally don't care one way or another here. I'm just responding to another person that a level 12-15 isn't terribly unlikely because it seems to be one of the ways they go. I just listed a couple of things. If it ends at level 7, fine, if it ends at 20, also fine.

T
Banned
Banned
T

Lol what demanding. In BG1 your max level was 7 back in the days. This at least before any expansion.[/quote
Umm, I still don't see what I've said that could be demanding. I literally don't care one way or another here. I'm just responding to another person that a level 12-15 isn't terribly unlikely because it seems to be one of the ways they go. I just listed a couple of things. If it ends at level 7, fine, if it ends at 20, also fine.
I care because I dislike high level content. Well and then we risk postponing release date even more.
Have you understood Larian has said this game will earliest be released 2022 and named also 2023 possible release date? I really do not want this game more delayed to year 2024 and if we are very luck maybe we can get this game towards end of year 2022, but I am nervous it will be delayed to year 2023.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 22/07/21 12:33 AM.
T
addict
addict
T

Umm, I still don't see what I've said that could be demanding. I literally don't care one way or another here. I'm just responding to another person that a level 12-15 isn't terribly unlikely because it seems to be one of the ways they go. I just listed a couple of things. If it ends at level 7, fine, if it ends at 20, also fine.[/quote
I care because I dislike high level content. Well and then we risk postponing release date even more.
Have you understood Larian has said this game will earliest be released 2022 and named also 2023 possible release date? I really do not want this game more delayed to year 2024 and if we are very luck maybe we can get this game towards end of year 2022, but I am nervous it will be delayed to year 2023.

But what does that have to do with me? The only thing I said was that it fits with some of WotC's adventure design rubrics. But then you wanting to end at 7/8 also fits.

And you not liking high level content isn't really a point of evidence one way or another. That's going to be a personal thing. There's probably a fair number of people that love high level content and they'll end up designing for the larger audience and we don't really have numbers on which way that is.

Wanting a thing is one thing, but demanding and getting in the face of people that suggest that another result might occur is entirely another. You're didn't even quote the person who was wishing for the high level content. You quoted me and all I said was that it's not unlikely.

Last edited by Thrythlind; 22/07/21 12:59 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
As stated, level 11 through 13 is the most likely range, allowing for a peak at level 6/7 spells and similar upper mid level melee attacks and skills, and at least two huge leaps in character mechanics. Once you get past that, you are working with high end characters approaching, if not at, epic levels.

That would require another quantum leap in development, programming, imaging and writing - while foreclosing any meaningful sequel.

If you are looking for a D & D game with that range - level 1 through 14 - 20, Pathfinder is your best bet. It will be an awesome game, but less demanding in terms of cut scenes, and other areas higher in developmental costs/requirements.

I'm looking forward to the different RP experiences that will be available between Solasta, Pathfinder and BG3 - along with a few other such games coming out in the next couple of years.

This is looking to be a banner period of Fantasy RPG's.

T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Anfindel
As stated, level 11 through 13 is the most likely range, allowing for a peak at level 6/7 spells and similar upper mid level melee attacks and skills, and at least two huge leaps in character mechanics. Once you get past that, you are working with high end characters approaching, if not at, epic levels.

That would require another quantum leap in development, programming, imaging and writing - while foreclosing any meaningful sequel.

If you are looking for a D & D game with that range - level 1 through 14 - 20, Pathfinder is your best bet. It will be an awesome game, but less demanding in terms of cut scenes, and other areas higher in developmental costs/requirements.

I'm looking forward to the different RP experiences that will be available between Solasta, Pathfinder and BG3 - along with a few other such games coming out in the next couple of years.

This is looking to be a banner period of Fantasy RPG's.

One thing I realized I'd like to see is a series of games that are very class focused.

There's a benefit to a tight focus (one of the reasons I'm sort of on terminator's side that level 8-10 with a planned sequel would be better than just straight level 13/14 or all the way to 20 like NWN2) in a video game.

And I'm kinda curious how you could have a game that focuses on the story of the different classes.

Like really get into the meat of a warlock's story and their interactions with a patron.

It feels like you could get some really high replayability and extremely different story-arcs with each replay based on choosing different things for your character.

An overarcing situation independent of your character maybe but with beginning and end more shaped by your background choices than anything. Have the myth-arc be more background than center story... and the climax be personal.

Like a Fighter with a Folk Hero background culminating in a climatic battle with some corrupt noble or something. While a Fighter with the soldier background coming to a climatic moment with a jealous commander/comrade turned traitor.

Heck, if it were a series you could even have the myth arc be something unified between all of the stories.

Say a flood of gnolls, serious enough to spark demonic intrusions and various factions dealing with/responding/taking advantage of it. The world-threat is just the unifier between the series and the main arc is your character's personal story and it's geared toward your character build.

A good way to play with stretching interpretations too. A barbarian sage whose rage is less anger and more adrenaline fueled mathematical applications or maybe a it's a mystical battle trance type thing... but still be possible to play the stereotypical rage monster.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I love high level content, but I can wait for DLC, an expansion, or even a sequel to enjoy levels up to 20.

veteran
veteran

Have you understood Larian has said this game will earliest be released 2022 and named also 2023 possible release date? I really do not want this game more delayed to year 2024 and if we are very luck maybe we can get this game towards end of year 2022, but I am nervous it will be delayed to year 2023.[/quote
But what does that have to do with me? The only thing I said was that it fits with some of WotC's adventure design rubrics. But then you wanting to end at 7/8 also fits.

And you not liking high level content isn't really a point of evidence one way or another. That's going to be a personal thing. There's probably a fair number of people that love high level content and they'll end up designing for the larger audience and we don't really have numbers on which way that is.

Wanting a thing is one thing, but demanding and getting in the face of people that suggest that another result might occur is entirely another. You're didn't even quote the person who was wishing for the high level content. You quoted me and all I said was that it's not unlikely.

Me, I like high level content and would be totally happy to have that in the game. And given that Mindflayers, red dragons, hell minions and what not are already involved, it's not that far fetched.
I like to see my character developed and get more powerful. Maybe test out some multiclassing.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
Im playing Computer Based RPGs since around mid to end 80ies last century and less Tabletop RPG.
In my understanding of Leveling the higher the Characters get the more Possibilities in Skills and Feats you get.
Making a game either slower or faster depending on enemies in Battle or the kind of general areas filled with riddles, Traps etc.

So may i ask, why are you guys discussing the options about having or not having high level characters?
Since im not the youngest anymore, it might be my highlevel real life brain is lagging behind.

Last edited by TheHero; 22/07/21 08:11 AM.
veteran
veteran
I must say i dont quite understand you people ...
Some here are stating that "i dont like high level content" ... but what is "high level content" anyway? O_o

Is it meeting a fullgrown mind flayer? laugh
> Done in tutorial. laugh

Is it escaping from the hells?
> Done in tutorial. laugh

Is it decimating whole town?
> Done in wiping out either whole goblin camp, or druid grove.

Is it disrupting plans for godlike deities? laugh
> Done in first biger quest, when killing goblin leaders ... probably will be totally done at moonrise towers.

Please elaborate ...
What exactly do you "dont like" about "high level content" ? laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
M
Mars30 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I appreciate everyone's opinion, but I was hoping for a more factual response. The difference between level 13 and 14 is pretty minimal in new spells/content to program. Remember this an CRPG, and difficulty tuning can be as easy as adding Hit points. The real value to 14 over 13 is it allows multiclass characters to get that vaunted 11/ 3 combo. I think we can all agree 15+ is a big (and unrealistic) step up in power. My thought is, once Larian decided to go to 11, I hope they take that next step for 13/14. Higher tier of spells/skills and iconic class powers are across all classes as 13.

If people believe there will be an expansion (which tbh I doubt, its not really the Larian way) then I would agree to 13 as the max for BG3 and then...that big step to 15 for the expansion. If BG 3 is successful ( and lets be honest, it already is.) I expect a BG4 (Curse of Strad anyone?) than a huge expansion.

More to the point, rather than a fan discussion, it would be nice to hear what Larian is thinking...is 13+ a possibility?

Also, Level 5 in EA would be lovely.

JMO

Last edited by Mars30; 22/07/21 08:09 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard