Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Csatrad Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Do I need to buy a dedicated M2 for this monster or you guys gonna stop chilling with the 20+gig patch / every few months?

I would like to know a hard cap on game size so I can buy a new M2 for it now, cuz something tells me if this shit going to continue theire prices and avaiability will be a hot pot when this game launches fully, thank you!

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
The game size is not really increasing, you are just replacing old files with updated ones.

Last edited by Gathord; 22/07/21 12:52 PM.
old hand
old hand
A lot of the size of these patches is actually replacing files, many different things are being changed and large parts of the EA have to be replaced to accommodate these changes. Patch Sizes feel like a necessary evil to me, especially cause it feels like everything from models to mechanics will be replaced before the EA ends.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gathord
The game size is not really increasing, you are just replacing old files with updated ones.
In fact with the last two updates the game DECREASED in size.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
journeyman
journeyman
Game sizes are only getting larger..

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Csatrad
Do I need to buy a dedicated M2 for this monster or you guys gonna stop chilling with the 20+gig patch / every few months?

I would like to know a hard cap on game size so I can buy a new M2 for it now, cuz something tells me if this shit going to continue theire prices and avaiability will be a hot pot when this game launches fully, thank you!

You should be thankful that you dont have to redownload pretty much entire game (60+ GB) on gog like i do.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dulany67
Game sizes are only getting larger..
Well, for a reason.
People get better GPUs (or consoles) and want better textures from newer games.
Better textures come at a price.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Csatrad

They've been patching more efficiently each patch, but this is a large scope project. So I would expect patch amount/size to stay the same for the next 2 at least.

Csatrad Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard