Print Thread
#782348 22/07/21 09:21 PM
U
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
U
Come on.... no seriously come on smirk

maybe 1 in 10,000 tables enforces coin weight.

veteran
veteran
IMO, that's mainly because caring about coin weight (and weight in general) is a big hassle in PnP D&D. You have to manually add up all the weight of your items, changing it whenever you use or gain an item. "This treasure hoard contains 2933 cp, 953 sp, 4933 gp, and 320 pp; now we need to split that so that each character gets equal money but with weight relative to their total carrying capacity." No thanks.

In a video game, the game calculates weight automatically so it's much more reasonable to include it.

That said, I'd be perfectly fine if they removed it. Given that you can freely send items to camp, weights limits are mostly irrelevant.

old hand
old hand
I'd say make it an option maybe, but I say that to a lot of things.

veteran
veteran
+1

old hand
old hand
Truthfully don't see a problem, if anything I'd vote for removing send to camp option to reduce hoarding.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Please do not. Weightless coins make literally no sense.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by fallenj
Truthfully don't see a problem, if anything I'd vote for removing send to camp option to reduce hoarding.
That is cool! Just so long as you cannot spend the coings when at a vendor if your coins are in camp.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
one Spanish gold doubloon (a real life gold coin) at 22 karats weight about 6.8 grams. 500 of them weighed 3400 grams, or around 7.5 pounds. Gold is a dense element and has weight to it. Its not like your characters are carrying around credit cards, or debit cards. You are carrying your wealth with you. And coins have weight. Making them have no weight is illogical.

Link Copied to Clipboard