Print Thread
#782511 23/07/21 03:48 PM
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Good day all.

I have BG3 on GOG. I had no issues with playing the game until Patch 5 (more than 25 hours).

After Patch 5, when I press 'Play' on the Larian launcher, the game crashes my PC. It does not crash to desktop; instead, my TV says 'No Signal" and I have to do a hard reboot.

I tried downloading the game from the GOG website and downloaded all 18 4 GB files on the offline downloading page. No joy.

I do not know what to do from here.

AMD 3090X, 32 GB RAM, EVGA GTX 3090. My TV is a Sony A90J, if that makes a difference. The nVidia drivers and the Windows 10 OS are all up to date as of this week.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#782929 25/07/21 03:31 AM
F
stranger
stranger
F
ever cense the last up date, I have not been able to play.
I have sent over 18 crash reports, validated game files on steam 5x's.
have tried closing my fire wall and virous protection.
have all so tried 11 DX nothing works...
every time I click on continue Game crash's.
Game has crashed on start up as well.
Any one else having the same problem?

Fred Sr. #783113 25/07/21 11:19 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
I've been having the same issues ever since patch 5 went out. I can only play the game for like a max of one or so hours, and then it crashes and won't let me play it again. I've tried both Vulcan and dx11, verifying the game files constantly, I've even reinstalled the entire game, moved the game from my hdd to my ssd - nothing is helping.

Every time I try to start the game now, it acts like it's loading but no visuals are displayed - all I can hear is the audio.

My card is an amd rx 5600 xt, I have 16 mb of ram, my CPU is a 3700 Ryzen, idk what the issues are with this newest patch. It's so weird because this patch seems to work so well for so many people, but this is by far the least stable patch for me; it used to run so much better for me, and the fps was even better too (and obviously it didn't crash like this)

I'm honestly worried to try to play it currently because I thought I saw some artifacting after trying it again an hour or so ago. Hopefully patch 6 fixes things again. It really bums me out because I like so much of what they've fixed with this patch, too.

Last edited by SeattleDead; 25/07/21 11:21 PM. Reason: Typed a word wrong
Fred Sr. #783114 25/07/21 11:27 PM
addict
addict
Hail of thorns will randomly crash out my game

S
stranger
stranger
S
I posted this on another thread but I'm in almost the same boat as you, patch 5 is completely not working for me, even with this newest hotfix.

I used to have pretty minimal crashing for any of the other patches but this patch is super bad. I've verified the files, reinstalled the entire game, moved it to my ssd from my hdd, updated my driver's, restarted my computer and steam and the launcher - nothing ever worked.

Not Vulcan or dx11 works after like an hour of playing, it just starts crashing or otherwise, it just plays the music for the game but no visuals. It hasn't crashed my computer yet but it almost did

P
stranger
stranger
P
I too am having the same issues. Completely unplayable. Full reinstall 3 times, verified files each time, BTW, also used GOG each time.
Time of this report: 7/25/2021, 00:40:52
Machine name: MSI
Machine Id: {81EDDCC9-8167-4F38-80AA-C4406DBF4932}
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
System Model: GL75 Leopard 10SDR
BIOS: E17E7IMS.109 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz (12 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16200MB RAM
Page File: 5335MB used, 13297MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.2.4
DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0928 64bit Unicode Also have been unable to send crash reports. Finally just uninstalled it and will wait to see a fix before downloading again.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Hello,

I am having a very similar issue. Since this patch I can't launch the game at all. It doesnt crash my pc, but the game wont even boot up.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Product ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Name NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
Resolution 3440 x 1440 x 120 hertz

GS3 Offline
stranger
stranger
I have SOLVED the issues Vulcan Crashing and/or game stop loading and or crash, for me it was a DEVICE LOST error. In Task Manager-Processes- I went through on BG3.exe, LariLauncher.exe, CefSharp BrowserSubprocess's that are present under LariLauncher in Task Manager-Processes-Command Line Section they all start with C:\Program Files x86\Steam\…\…\Baldur's Gate 3\Launcher....Right click and In their Properties I changed these things: Compatibility Run as admin and in settings for all users i changed admin for all users, under Security I changed all Permissions to-Full in Advanced I added with inheritance enabled: Everyone, Systems, Local Services, Users, My Account name, and All Applications I think this one was the one that actually fixed the problem.

GS3 Offline
stranger
stranger
I have SOLVED the issues: Vulcan Crashing and/or game stop loading and or crash, for me it was a DEVICE LOST error.

After you have launched the game. In Task Manager (Alt+Ctrl+Del) These should be what you see and should be changing settings for:
    • BG3.exe
    • All sub-processes listed under BG3.exe
    • LariLauncher.exe
    • All sub-processes under LariLauncher--including all the CefSharp BrowserSubprocess's that are present. They will say something like this in the Command Line Tab:
        • C:\Program Files x86\Steam\…\…\Baldur's Gate 3\Launcher

In Task Manager-Processes- I went through the Processes listed above, Right clicked, and In their Properties I changed these things:
    • Under Compatibility- Enable Run as Admin
    • Under Settings for All Users I Enabled Admin for All Users

I think this one was the one that actually fixed the problem.

Go to Properties, Under Security tab I changed all Permissions to--Full--For all Groups and Users listed in this Box:

Then click Advanced button. With Inheritance enabled I added these Groups and Users: ALL with--Full--Permissions:
  • Everyone
  • Systems
  • Local Services
  • Users
  • My Account name
  • All Applications.
  • All Restricted Applications
  • Interactive

Link Copied to Clipboard