Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Seems everyone is doing this, but I wanted to also give my own two cents. First, let me say that I LOVE PATCH 5!!!! The changes are awesome and I have really high hopes for the game.

1. Glitches galore. I've been noticing a lot of glitchiness throughout the game. Not a big deal as I know it's a work in progress, but there are too many to really go into a lot of details. A few I will mention are dialogues getting cut short, getting triggered out of sequence (meaning Astarion told me about his secret before he even tried to bite my neck), children in the grove like the merchant Tiefling boy bouncing in and out of dialogue because of my dire raven and his love for it, dialogue with the boy down by the harpies not triggering because of my dire raven, so I couldn't complete the quest, stealing glitches such as I steal something successfully but then somehow they catch me after the fact and I lose relationship with them (I even had Mol and the tiefling children go to the authorities about a book I took that no one saw me take. As I was roaming around, one of the kids suddenly went, "Hey! You can't take that." and the next thing I knew they were all going to tell the authorities on me), Ed's head was in the ground when talking to his siblings and me, cutscenes never occurring at all like they used to, weapons and equipment appearing and disappearing, and party members just roaming every which way instead of following my main.

2. LOVE the Camp Mechanics. I am so happy with them. Each night I camp, I choose what meals to give my characters. It may upset others who don't like such immersion, but I LOVE IT. One night, they dined on fish. The next, they had something more fun like chicken and wine and cheese with some garlic and potatoes and such. Awesome touch to the game, AND it does limit the Long Rests. The ability to send all the camp supplies to camp makes Camp Storage so much more meaningful also, and since I can split the camp supplies when I withdrawn them, that works too so I don't have to lug everything around all the time. Provides meaning for food and drinks and immersion, and if you hate Camp Supplies, they've made it easy enough that you can just auto-select and be done with it. No big deal.

Suggestion: If you could just fix the Inventory Management mechanics next, that would be awesome. Camp Supplies would really be no big deal if I could right click on one of them and have the option to Send All Camp Supplies to Camp, or something like that. Same with all categories of items. Even a Select All would be good. I could use the different item management tabs and Select All on a tab. Then I could Send to Camp or Send to Astarion or whatever. So if I wanted to put all books in a backpack, I could go to Books tab and Select All and then drag to an open backpack inventory. Something like that would make item management SO much better.

3. LOVE the combat now. Not every battle is a do or die situation. Many fights are more manageable now, so you don't feel like you have to long rest after every fight. I didn't even long rest until after the Marli and Barton fight. Then I didn't long rest until after the Druid's Grove was all through, harpies, goblins and all. Makes the game so much more fun not feeling like my characters suck so bad.

Suggestion: I think the only thing I would still like you to get rid of now is the high ground advantage mechanic. As some others have said, you get a good enough high ground advantage in that it is difficult for melee enemies to get to you. THAT is your high ground advantage. Line of sight is also an advantage of high ground. I should be able to run to the edge of a ledge and shoot an enemy and then dart back a few feet and have full cover because they simply can't see me. High Ground giving characters an actual Advantage (extra die to hit with) breaks the combat mechanics because DANG! If someone has high ground you're dead. It is VERY frustrating trying to fight against an enemy who has the high ground because every attack roll against them is with Disadvantage (taking the lowest of your two dice rolls), and for characters who already have poor ranged attack, that is BRUTAL!!!

4. LOVE the new armor and gear you've included in the game. I even stole Nettie's gloves and put them on my ranger just for fun, and they looked really good; like they fit his gear. They didn't provide bonuses, but I liked the look. smile

Suggestion: More please!

5. LOVE the additions with Shadowheart and the magic box.

Suggestion: Now I want more with everyone else. I want more Lae'zel so we find out that she isn't just some witch with a 'B' who is bossy and hates everyone and everything. Especially if you are a Gith character, I want lo be able to learn more about her.

6. LOVE that now some dialogues are GROUP dialogues. When Shadowheart pulled out the box and examined it in front of everyone, Astarion and Wyll put in their two cents.

Suggestion: I'd like more of this please.

7. Multiplayer dialogues are fun. Love how my custom made characters all talk to each other in the game. It isn't just players chatting with one another. The characters actually talk to each other, giving them more life.

Suggestion: More please. Also, we need labels so we know which character is speaking and when. Right now, my Drow Fighter starts a dialogue, then two options appear and I have no idea who is being given those options. Then two more appear and I have no idea who is being given those options. I'd like to see labels so I know Vexir was saying we should keep the wyvern poison. Then Kaedyn had the option of saying he agreed or not. Then Ryth-Shan had an option to agree or not. And I'd love it if they had a few more options to boot. Not having these voice acted is fine, but it would be really cool if they were all voice acted. Again, that bit is only a small thing. More dialogue options is what I really love, whether voice acted or not. REALLY brings the characters to life.

8. I LOVE being able to create up to 4 sessions on my PC at one time and hooking them all up to 1 Multiplayer session so I can create my own custom party of 4 and play through the game solo with a custom party. IT IS INCREDIBLY FUN FOR ME!!!

Suggestion: I'd love it if this was an option for Single Player mode so I didn't have to do the work around. I'd also like it if whether I am playing Multiplayer with other players or just doing 4 custom characters in solo mode if we could have at least 2 more party members from the origin characters. As it stands, if you play Multiplayer, you cannot bring any of the origin characters into your party. Therefore, you can't enjoy many of the cutscenes and character development from the origin characters because they aren't traveling with you. I'd love to be able to create 4 custom characters and have Lae'zel in the party to interrogate Zorru and then Shadowheart in the party when going into the Owlbear cave so it triggers her Selune hatred, and Wyll when you talk to the goblin captain so it triggers his cutscene to go after Spike. All these things would be REALLY awesome to be able to do, but we can't because party size is only 4. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make Party Size 6. Even if you make it so that multiplayer is still limited to 4 but you can have a party of 6, 4 custom and 2 origin, that would be REALLY AWESOME!!! Shoot! If you did this, you could rebalance the game again so some of the monsters aren't so nerfed down. For example, the Imps should have resistance and the intellect devourers too. With a party of up to 4 custom and 2 origin, these fights wouldn't be so hard. In this way, you could also expect that players will create a custom party of 4 instead of just 1 custom character, and then you could balance the entire game around it. That way, whether you have 4 multiplayer characters with 4 players or just a party of 4 custom and solo mode, you know you're going to always have 4 PC's and 1 or 2 origin characters to travel with them.

9. LOVE the graphics updates making all the models look better, etc.

Suggestion: Body types please. My Gith ranger now looks like a scrawny boy from high school as opposed to a tough ranger with Strength 14.

10. Group Chain and Unchain. LOVE IT! So much easier to unchain group members.

Suggestion: Can we get a function where if I sneak and the group is selected then the entire group sneaks. If I unchain, then only the selected person sneaks? Do I have to keep hitting each person separately to get them all to sneak if I'm in group mode?

11. LOVE the Passive Mode feature. I like not always having to kill everything.

Suggestion 1: Can we have that not just stick on our last chosen entry? Can it just default to lethal? I put it on passive during one fight and forgot it during other fights. Next thing I knew, I was knocking out the Owlbear instead of killing it. Or, as an alternative, can we make it so there is a Lock Button for it, so if I always want to be passive I can lock Passive mode on for each individual character that I want to be passive?

Suggestion 2: Can we make it so that if we have some rope we can tie up those enemies. Instead of them just disappearing, I think it'd be fun to tie them up and interrogate them when they wake up, or something like that. Maybe not all enemies, but some. For example, I knock out Marli and Barton and their crew and interrogate them after they wake up. I learn their backstories and then have the option to make a deal with them to let them go or something. That would be fun.

12. LOVE the ability to enhance character abilities during dialogues. Absolutely love it. Makes it so much better to use enhancement powers, etc.

Suggestion: It's killing me that I can't change characters during a dialogue. I am even triggering it with one character so that I can get that character's Skill Proficiency for the conversation, but then it auto-switches to a different character who doesn't have proficiency in that skill. It's killing me. I'd really like to not only have dialogues triggered by the character I chose, but to also be able to switch mid-dialogue with another party member to use their Skill Proficiencies more or to even just have the character I want being the one guiding the dialogue. Some characters fit different dialogues better than others.

I might have more later, but these are the ones I can think of right now. I know I'll probably get a ton of people trying to shoot down my suggestions, but whatever. They are out here. Take them or leave them. It's what I think, so :P

Last edited by GM4Him; 23/07/21 05:43 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Hopefully this gets seen, its for the game as a whole - Please fix the edge panning. its really aggravating trying to tell my people where i want them to go, (a location i've been before) so both click and edge-pane to get to the spot faster and click so i just have to wait for them to run there. but when i get a certain distance away the camera is almost anchored to my party and it moves soooooo slllloooooooowwwlllyyyy until they catch up. The same goes for large mountains or cliffs. i cant pane over them to like the city just around it, no i have to follow the path with my camera or else it gets stuck on the *mountain* Make it like divinity where i could move the camera nearly anywhere on the whole map. whether it be darkness, or somewhere i''ve explored before. No limits. No slow panning.

veteran
veteran
you should play Final Fantasy XV if you love choosing what your party eats. They have an amazing cooking system smile

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
you should play Final Fantasy XV if you love choosing what your party eats. They have an amazing cooking system smile

lol. Nah. I've played a lot of FF games. I still play 14, and Im trying to finish 7 remake.

Its just a little immersion fun for me in BG3. I don't like complex cooking/crafting mechanics, and that's why i like this one. Simple but immersive.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Playing in solo mode is so much less glitchy. It seems more glitches are happening in multi. Character dialogues and so forth are triggering more as normal.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
LOVE the addition of rain. It now rains in various locations.

Suggestion: More weather features please. Wind, fog, etc.

addict
addict
really enjoying my patch 5 playthrough too ..thoughts..

1. there is too much food - I can camp for a year..I know they said more would get used as you level - I like the mechanic though ...
2. Yes - there does seem to be a few more glitches & I guess thats to be expected as things change & we test it out.
3. Combat is still great - i like that jump/disengage are separate & I like that barrelmancey is alot more under control.
4. Love the new dialogue & cutscenes - im yet to hit the underdark but done pretty much everything upstairs so hoping for more new cutscenes etc..
5. Some new magic items or ones ive not seen in my prior 147 hours ! love how this game constantly shows me new things...

its shaping up to one of the best - I just hope the same standards are kept & patches keep considering community feedback which personally I think they are listening too.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Too much food? Yes. I was thinking that too unless they implement a spoiling mechanic. Fish goes bad after first long rest, eggs rot too, etc. Then, suddenly, what you eat and when would become more important.

veteran
veteran
Wait what they said "more food is used at higher levels"?

Experienced heroes eat more? Eh?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by 1varangian

They said it will take more resources over time, more specifically , but I guess making sense or not will depend on implementation a lot.
Maybe it's related to how many NPCs, animals, etc will be at your camp more than anything else.

if it's some sort of level scaling as in "Level 5 characters will consume five time more food" I'm ready to call the entire idea bullshit, by the way.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Considering that in D&D as you get more powerful, it takes more healing potions to patch you up, why not assume the logic extends to food as well? *shrugs*

apprentice
apprentice
A small issue:
When you're trying to convince Shadowheart of something, you can use her Guidance to facilitate your roll. This is a little awkward.

veteran
veteran

That's how I understood it.

The exact quote is:
"You will notice that as you continue playing the game the cost of going to rest is going to increase as you level up and that actually reflects the growing upkeep of your ever increasing camp in the game"

From update 13 video, Sven talks about resting around 5:27. I have seen no food requirement increase throughout my playthrough - not with gained levels, not with recruited followers nor companions.

Last edited by Wormerine; 28/07/21 03:48 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine

That's how I understood it.

The exact quote is:
"You will notice that as you continue playing the game the cost of going to rest is going to increase as you level up and that actually reflects the growing upkeep of your ever increasing camp in the game"

From update 13 video, Sven talks about resting around 5:27. I have seen no food requirement increase throughout the game - not with gained levels, not with recruited followers nor companions.
Well this sounds awful. Like the first steps of a camp manager mini game.

What if I don't want an "ever growing camp" with pets and NPC's following me anywhere I go? That's a really stupid concept anyway when you go to the Underdark or the Nine Hells. Having to worry about finding food was NEVER fun in any RPG so I definitely don't want to be feeding an ever growing number of volos and scratches and whatnot. The resource cost is supposed to be a gold tax instead of a tedium tax. Rest more, buy less magic items. Instead of "run around opening all crates looking for apples".

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I think it should be 10 Camping Supplies per character in the camp. So if you only have 4 characters, it's 40 camping supplies. Add another character, it becomes 50. Add all the EA party members, now it's 60. In a 4 player multiplayer game, the camping supplies would require even more, for a total of 90 per long rest. Add Scratch and it requires another 10. Add the owlbear cub and need another 10. That would make it so that you might want to consider NOT allowing certain characters in the party.

But then, you get PLENTY of food in the game right now, so this wouldn't really be that big of a deal anyway. I have so much food, like someone else said at one point on one of the threads, my party could eat 100 supplies every long rest and survive for months. It's pretty ridiculous.

So I suggest now that they implement the 10 Camping Supplies per character per long rest, 5 per short rest, and make it so food spoils. That would make you go through food faster and make it more important to pick food up. To add to this, they absolutely need to work on Inventory Management next before anything else. They need to make it so you can just Send All Camping Supplies to Camp button in the Inventory screen. That way, you don't have to flipping Send to Camp each individual item you want to put there one item at a time. They need to do a multi-select feature too for all items so you can buy/sell quickly a bunch of items at once. Instead of Hold Shift to split, why not Hold Shift to select multiple items at once. Just hold shift and click, click, click, click. Right click on one and then select Send to Camp or Send to Lae'zel or Sell or whatever.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Ok. This is driving me crazy. Use true D&D stats and stop nerfing enemies. I mean, BG3 is balanced fairly well right now but only because monsters aren't really genuine. A Mud Mephit should have more health and it gets only a 25% chance of multiplying and it should be hidden as mud to begin with. A Phase Spider should use Ethereal Jaunt to phase out of and into the material plane as a Bonus action, not teleport and spit but melee range. Intellect devourers should use Intellect Devour, one of their main attacks, and they and imps shoyld be resistant to different attacks.

Larian is taking some aspects of these monsters but not all. Why? Instead, why not allow bigger party size, less enemies and maybe even enemies that fit the encounter more. Im trying to play out these scenarios via Tabletop, and they are BRUTAL. 2 Mud Mephits and 2 Wood Woads is too much even for 4 Level 4 characters.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Ok. This is driving me crazy. Use true D&D stats and stop nerfing enemies. I mean, BG3 is balanced fairly well right now but only because monsters aren't really genuine. A Mud Mephit should have more health and it gets only a 25% chance of multiplying and it should be hidden as mud to begin with. A Phase Spider should use Ethereal Jaunt to phase out of and into the material plane as a Bonus action, not teleport and spit but melee range. Intellect devourers should use Intellect Devour, one of their main attacks, and they and imps shoyld be resistant to different attacks.

Larian is taking some aspects of these monsters but not all. Why? Instead, why not allow bigger party size, less enemies and maybe even enemies that fit the encounter more. Im trying to play out these scenarios via Tabletop, and they are BRUTAL. 2 Mud Mephits and 2 Wood Woads is too much even for 4 Level 4 characters.
Couldn't agree more.
As I was pointing in another thread, Larian's complete disregard for the canonical stats/abilities of the monsters they use at times border almost into open disdain for the D&D license.

It's almost like they had the talk with WotC, they went through the negotiation, they got it... and then they decided that they hate every single page of the source materials and they'll do their own thing, instead.

EDIT - in fact, I feel like this issue is becoming so pervasive and ubiquitous across the [current portion of] the game, that it should probably get its own thread, instead of being buried in the mixture of other generic feedback.

Last edited by Tuco; 29/07/21 12:20 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
I can see this going down badly...however ......we dont need a bigger party 4 is perfectly fine (ducks down under desk).....

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Tarorn
I can see this going down badly...however ......we dont need a bigger party 4 is perfectly fine (ducks down under desk).....

Haha. Yes. Duck and cover.

4 doesn't work for so many reasons. We need 6. Party of 4 players in multiplayer + 2 origin at least allows players to adventure with origin characters. If they just set it so you can have a party of 6, they wouldn't need to make monsters not themselves by nerfing or buffing them. Give them correct stats and add or subtract more enemies. Don't nerf or buff them and make them not themselves. It's really starting to bug me.

I mean, the monsters lose their flavor when you take away their abilities or add new ones. A boss monster variant is fine, but don't make the normies weird too.

Shoot, I made Spider Matriarch a mage with TT besides giving her twice the standard Phase Spider HP and To Hit and Damage Dice. However, all the others were normal stats and the babies were nerfed because they were babies. They had a quarter stats.

4 level 4 heroes still won, but it was hard. I loved it, though, because it was meant to be an epic boss fight and the enemies were all accurate except the Spider Matriarch launching fireball a few times. Not spitting poison. She was a Thayan mage. She was hurling fireball baby. Those heroes suffered some serious hits and 3 out of 4 were taken down by the end, but still won with Potions of Speed and other buffs.

My point is that they almost lost. In fact, it was REALLY close. In an RPG, you don't want that, especially for a side quest with minimal rewards. 6 party members would have made the fight more even, and they likely would have not come so close to failing. I mean, we're talking Shadowheart alone was standing, and only because of her duplicity. The remaining baby spiders were attacking her dupe while she pegged them at a distance.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tarorn
*readying my corrosive logitech keyboard +3 while activating Rage + Lethal Stance*

Last edited by Try2Handing; 29/07/21 07:47 AM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard