Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#235962 20/05/04 08:07 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
*spoiler* I'm at act 1, where you meet Samuel and he leave you and you have to fight his death knights. But each one is at level 13 and I'm only at level 10. Is there a way to beat that part without fighting the death knights or do I have to go and level up and then come back and fight them all? Is so are there any good startegies to beat them?

Thanks in Advance.

enthusiast
enthusiast
There's been a lot of discussion about that already...

http://www.larian.com/ubbthreads/sh...&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Personally I can advise to enter sneak mode as soon as you enter the area with the DK's. Then shoot at them with a X-bow or bow (whatever you have) and make them come to you. This way you can pick them off one by one.
If you're really patient (or have points in bow/crossbow tree already) you can try shooting, waiting for the DK to return to its original location, shooting again and so on.

I used to be snow white, but I drifted... Check out my Beyond Divinity fansite
enthusiast
enthusiast
With melee characters I prefer the direct approach.

I make sure I have a bunch of potions (a trip to the battlefield to shop is an option) then I charge the nearest one. My two beat on him until he is dead, taking healing potions as needed. I repeat the process three more times and I am done.

I don't recommend this approach for mages <broad grin> or survivors.

Reality is for those who cannot cope with fantasy. Fortunately, I can cope quite well.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I past the death knight in the halls part, I mean I'm in the part where you meet Samuel for the first time and he leaves and sends his death knights after you.

I can't sneak because they have already spotted me. Is there a way to continue with the story without killing them? Or do I have to fight all 4 of them at once?

veteran
veteran
You have to fight, sorry. I stood at the door and let them come to me, until the melee were dead. Then I went into single sneak and took the archers out one by one.

So, I didn't move an inch after I entered the lair. Just stood by the door and fled, if my health was down - then I reentered and kept standing at the door.

Last edited by kiya; 20/05/04 09:34 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
You need to kill them to get the keys needed to advance, get as many health potions as you can and just try your best save just before you go in, dont forget you can pause your game by pressing sapce bar so you can keep a very tight control over whats happening. Now that you know whats ahead you may want to start again and save your potions, sleeping whenever you can instead. you could also try my post labled STATS SPOILER.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard