Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
So... they changed Skelly's voice-actor, right? He went from havin a young, soft and aloof voice to being a lovely hammy old man. Both voice actors are great, but somehow the younger Skelly/Jergal fit better with his dettachment, like the voice of a young pharaoh who had spent eons apart from humanity and just wanted a cappucino and chill.

Now it feels like I should be paying for resurrection scrolls with Werther's Originals. Not bad, just... not the Skelly that ignored me at every turn before.

Do you think that there will be a mod to go back to the previous voice?

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
When I first heard the new voice, I remember thinking it's good, but... it's the sort of airy baritone voice that a portly, or at least a barrel-chested gentleman would have, not a skinny desiccated undead. Just my impression. I think the old raspy tenor suited him better physically.

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Yes, same -- both are amazing voice actors, but I feel like the disengaged young'un fitted this Jergal better. I would use this second actor for Kelemvor instead.

T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by BeeBee
Yes, same -- both are amazing voice actors, but I feel like the disengaged young'un fitted this Jergal better. I would use this second actor for Kelemvor instead.

I don't know, Kelemvor died young and ascended still young. So maybe the younger voice would fit him better. Though without the thees and thous... he was a much more modern person.

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I think that Skelly V 2.0 might be someone famous, his voice did sound very familiar, but I can't place it.

On that note --- does anyone else think that Female Voice 2 is actually Daisy Ridley? If not, the vocal ressemblance is uncanny -- some lines sound ripped out of Star Wars and Peter Rabbit.

Larian, release the full voice actors' credits, razzle-dazzle us.

Link Copied to Clipboard