Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Morr Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I say this because I've been saving up all the camping supplies in the game in case of emergency. I have a stack of about 20 that is now too heavy to be lifted out of the supply chest in camp, can't be accessed from the resting menu, and can't be split into smaller stacks so I can do anything with them.

(Sorry if this has been pointed out before, I did a quick search and didn't find anything)

journeyman
journeyman
Yeah, this is a big one. I have been sending everything that functions as camp supplies to camp and now I am not strong enough to actually pull out a pack in order to go to sleep.
Basically we need the split option from inventories other than the active character's

journeyman
journeyman
In addition to that, I also think it should be possible to use supplies that are stored in this chest.

veteran
veteran
Interesting. I hold Shift when dragging Camp Supplies out of Traveler's Chest and the split menu comes up. That doesn't happen for you?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I think it could be made simpler so that you don't have to carry at least 40 Camp sullies at all times, but I don't have issues with sending to camp and pulling out just what I need prior to long rest.

Last edited by GM4Him; 26/07/21 02:40 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Confirmed, I'm unable to split the stack from holding shift either.

veteran
veteran
How strange. I just confirmed that I can split the stacks from holding shift.

Perhaps we aren't doing the same thing. I open the Traveler's Chest, open Inventory using the "I" key (opening group inventory), hold left Shift, click on the Camping Supplies and hold, drag to whichever character I want, the split menu comes up and I select 1 Camping Supply.

I had 8 Camping Supplies in my chest in the camp and was able to just take 1 out when I wanted to long rest, each time.

Now if they'd just make it so we could select multiple inventory items at once, that'd be awesome so I don't have to right click on each individual food item I pick up and select Send to Camp. Here's a suggestion. Right click on any type of item. There is an option that says, "Select All of Type". I click on that option, all of that particular type are selected. So, if I want to move all books into a backpack, I can right click on any book, Select All of Type, drag and drop book in the backpack. If I want to select all Camping Supplies and send to camp, right click on a food item, Select All of Type, right click again, Send to Camp.

Im sure its a glitch, Sometimes I can sometimes I cant.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Agreed, either let us access the supplies in the chest or let us split the stack. I also have 8 packs in chest that I cannot use now.

veteran
veteran
I can split them without any problem. If not in the inventory, right into the supply management screen (when you select your food)

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
L
addict
addict
L
The chest should definitely be an available resource when you’re long resting, I’m actually surprised they didn’t implement that along with the whole camp supplies mechanic

Originally Posted by LukasPrism
The chest should definitely be an available resource when you’re long resting, I’m actually surprised they didn’t implement that along with the whole camp supplies mechanic

It's mind-boggling that they didn't already implement that.
Is anyone at Larian even playing through the game?

Also, not being able to split gold in the barter menu isn't good.

veteran
veteran
I assume they don't want you to hoard camping supploes, and have them in the inventory as a sort of resource management (aka. Pathfinder), but why would I, if I only need food when camping? Of course I will send majority of food to the camp and only pick it up if I need it.

Originally Posted by EliasIncarnation
I am curious why would you need to do that? Remaing balance is automatically matched with gold, unless you are gaming reputation system but giving out free gold?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Wormerine
I assume they don't want you to hoard camping supploes, and have them in the inventory as a sort of resource management (aka. Pathfinder), but why would I, if I only need food when camping? Of course I will send majority of food to the camp and only pick it up if I need it.
They should rethink that then. What if we spend a "day" looking for supplies to last us for a few rests? I don't consider that hoarding, it is being practical. It would make sense for the game to automatically remove them from the chest if we want, perhaps prioritize inventory first then chest.

I doubt it, but if that's true, that's not a great reason to not let people use supplies while they are stored at camp.
All it does is make people waste time going to the chest to take out items.

I am curious why would you need to do that? Remaing balance is automatically matched with gold, unless you are gaming reputation system but giving out free gold?

I haven't really paid much attention to what Attitude does, but yeah, giving gold is a quick way to increase it for anyone who has a barter menu, so I'd like to be able to split my gold to give without having to do it before I talk to them.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W

I doubt it, but if that's true, that's not a great reason to not let people use supplies while they are stored at camp.

I haven't really paid much attention to what Attitude does, but yeah, giving gold is a quick way to increase it for anyone who has a barter menu, so I'd like to be able to split my gold to give without having to do it before I talk to them.

I never really looked into how that all worked. Are you telling me that you basically have to bribe the vendor to get better prices instead of it using your passive charisma/persuasion?

Originally Posted by webmaster94

I never really looked into how that all worked. Are you telling me that you basically have to bribe the vendor to get better prices instead of it using your passive charisma/persuasion?

I haven't checked to see if Charisma actually affects prices.
For Attitude, I have no idea what it does, aside from changing the color of character highlights.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Typically all you have to do (I tested this today) to split stacks, especially those supply packs, is to hold Left Shift and Drag and Drop it to another slot.
A popup will appear allowing you to choose how many you wish to split off.

As I said, I did this today from the Traveller's Chest in camp with the supply packs.
I saw this thread and figured I would relay the information.

Originally Posted by War Maiden
Typically all you have to do (I tested this today) to split stacks, especially those supply packs, is to hold Left Shift and Drag and Drop it to another slot.
A popup will appear allowing you to choose how many you wish to split off.

As I said, I did this today from the Traveller's Chest in camp with the supply packs.
I saw this thread and figured I would relay the information.

Thanks.
I knew that Shift was supposed to split stacks, but I didn't know that you were supposed to drag a stack to a space in the same inventory.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by linkezio
In addition to that, I also think it should be possible to use supplies that are stored in this chest.

Exactly this. I know that irl I would need to get the food from the chest, but in irl, I also wouldn't be able to just 'send' it there. As a game, I see no reason why I need to dig it out the chest then walk over to the bedroll.

Link Copied to Clipboard