Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by dreambled
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
I for one hope that they change this making it to where only rogues can open locks and disarm traps. Until then I'll stick with my female Elven Ranger knight hopefully, they finally fixed the dual weapon feat where you get a +1 now a +2 to AC and some of the weapon's bonuses that weren't working before and I'll be happy.

Oh no, they will not do that and rightly so. Skill checks aren't hard-locked behind classes in 5E and it will remain that way. Rogues are glass cannon skill monkeys in 5e. Larian still has a lot of work to do to get Rogues working right.

And this is why I doubt that I would play a rogue in this game because to me the rogue just doesn't work right at all.
It's slowly moving in the right direction with the removal of the backstab advantage, and the adjustments to the bonus actions characters can do. Hopefully, if/when Larian introduces Bards it will come with Expertise as well.

Well true I guess that we'll have to wait and see what happens. But in all honesty, I don't see it happening anytime soon. After all, look at how long the Feats were broken? And since I've not rolled a new play through in a while but I read that now Dual-wielding feat you get a +2 to AC that is if it actually works finally.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Trix Salamonde
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Rogues are useless in this game. When you can pick locks as a Warlock or Ranger, why would anyone play a rogue?

confused

Because Rogues are Beasts: I just posted this Elite Rogue build - The Dark Sniper.

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=784086&#Post784086

Oh now. You're going to make me do another run, aren't you.

Give it a shot. This rogue build is currently one of the strongest builds in the game. One of the highest damage, highest survivability, mobility, and can stand its ground even in melee.

With the wyvern poison/haste pot buff you could knock out the Githyanki at 1 per round from the bridge.

Goes great with the https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=784299&#Post784299 - Radiant Tank (if doing Multiplayer you can two man the game with these)

Blackheifer
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
It's honestly shocking how the OP did next to no actual research or even testing before playing. The comment later on about rogues being unable to sneak attack due to them removing advantage from attacking from behind also shows a lack of attention to detail or actual playtesting. It's not even required to know DND5e to simply try it out (ensuring you of course actually use the sneak attack ability too and don't just expect it to do sneak attack because "ermagawd I clicked why no +2d6?!?"

Rogues are about utility, not DPS; however they are still capable of dishing out big hits.

For those of you saying Arcane Trickster is worthless, clearly you haven't made use of something as simple as the cantrip Friends, which in this current version gives you advantage on the majority of social skill checks vs humanoids. Have you ever killed someone and then wished you could talk to their corpse? Use Disguise Self and have fun chatting with them as you're no longer "their killer". Sure, Mage Hand hasn't yet got the ability to open locks, disarm traps, open pouches etc but while this may not be added, simply dismissing a class due to a lack of testing...

I literally made my account here just to complain about people complaining. The irony

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by tetsuoinfernal07
It's honestly shocking how the OP did next to no actual research or even testing before playing.

I literally made my account here just to complain about people complaining. The irony

Obviously…considering you are systematically going thru all recent posts and defending the game tooth an nail while also insulting posters.

Yay.

A knight so chivalrous and true that he deemed making an account a noble deed—-and will henceforth teach the unclean masses the meaning of honor!

*claps coconut halves together*

Rogues are useless in this game. When you can pick locks as a Warlock or Ranger, why would anyone play a rogue?

confused
[Linked Image from i.kym-cdn.com]

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
old hand
old hand
It's slowly moving in the right direction with the removal of the backstab advantage, and the adjustments to the bonus actions characters can do. Hopefully, if/when Larian introduces Bards it will come with Expertise as well.
Expertise is already in the game, as you can see it kick in if you play as a Bard through modding right now. The new stat check UI already supports it too. I imagine it'll get implemented properly when Bards are released.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Street Hero

confused
[Linked Image from i.kym-cdn.com]

I lol'd hard at that one. Thanks.

Every class is pretty useless right now compared to the Druid. The Druid can be an effective warrior, an effective archer/rogue, an effective mage, and can transform into a creature with special abilities.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Perhaps expertise is yet to come.

Because sneak attack does not scale (like in 5e) They're greatest appeal may be to dip-in and grab the single die sneak attack and extra off-hand action / poison.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Originally Posted by cool-dude01
Every class is pretty useless right now compared to the Druid. The Druid can be an effective warrior, an effective archer/rogue, an effective mage, and can transform into a creature with special abilities.

Powerful for sure, and they can bonus action self heal too, returning to form unscratched. They retain their mental attributes in combat, but adopt all the physical ones, so you can dump stat any of the physical stats, in favor of the mental.

Fighters, Warlocks, an Rangers are also very useful ATM.

Does. Every one still have the cunning action ability as well?

journeyman
journeyman
This is very unfortunate.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Originally Posted by Danielbda
Originally Posted by Thrythlind
Originally Posted by Danielbda
Originally Posted by dwig
Rogue will take a step back when level five is in the game. Thief double bonus action will still be strong, but when all the melee classes get double attack EXCEPT for rogue sneak attack will struggle to keep up.

Lae'zal plus weapon master will crush Astarion dpr wise (although you can always bring both).
When (if) multiclass is in the game just get another 5 levels of fighter or ranger and Thief will be the king of DPR with 4 attack per round + sneak attack. Ranger can add hunter's mark to that and Battlemaster adding potentially another sneak attack through Riposte.
All of this however still doesn't make any sense beause Thief in 5e is not supposed to be focused on dpr.

Why 4? 5 Rogue - 5 Fighter or Ranger has 2 Attacks on the Attack action, plus a potential 1 Bonus attack with two-weapon... one of those will have sneak attack, but not all.
Thief can perform a second offhand attack with his extra bonus action.
I havent started up the game for a while but where does the extra bonus action come from? Did Larian put it in because I see no 'you gain another bonus action' line in the PHB...

Unless you are referring to the 'fast hands' feat but that doesent specify you can use it to attack either confused

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard