Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Feb 2021
U
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
Joined: Feb 2021
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Level 5 because that's the hardest thing to mod in and it will force the entire community to approach the game from a new standpoint. I imagine the class mods will continue working through it, like how my Bard mod is still functioning perfectly despite the mod author having made zero adjustments since Patch 3.

DId you use Candor, Vortex or manual to install the Bard mod? I could not get it to work.

Joined: Mar 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Mar 2020
Out of the 3 options if I HAD to choose, I'm with Tuco, level 5 for all the reasons Tuco gave.

However, I would prefer system changes / refinements over either of the three choices. I want to know the game is shaping up mechanically in a way I will enjoy, the party composition (races and classes) is the bit I am happy to fiddle with at release and don't need to play through the early levels of all of them in EA.

Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Level 5. It would both be fun and I think it would be a lot of useful information to get from that for Larian, seeing as it is the first major powerbump.


Don't you just hate it when people with dumb opinions have nice avatars?
Joined: Mar 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Mar 2020
Originally Posted by TomReneth
Level 5. It would both be fun and I think it would be a lot of useful information to get from that for Larian, seeing as it is the first major powerbump.
Yeah the extra attacks, spells etc... are definitely something I think Larian would find useful in terms of helping with encounter balance, barrel placement :hihi: (Fireball), animation bugs etc...

Joined: Aug 2014
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Aug 2014
The purpose of EA is to nail down the gameplay of BG3. We need the missing classes for that.

We need Sorcerer to compare Sorcerer and Wizard especially if they plan to overpower Wizards like they have.

Level 5 would be interesting because of the power bump, how it affects things. We've seen how Sarth Baretha just destroys with that double attack and Action Surge. Is a level 5 Fighter a balance nightmare? Surprise double attack from Stealth + Free Torch Dip + Menacing Attack + Action Surge = broken? Probably, because it already is with just one attack.

Just how much wow factor is Fireball going to have when you have been blowing up barrels for similar effect and creating chain reactions to blow up entire legions of enemies from level 1? Also the way battlefields are always set up, AoE's are much less useful. (Some more closed space battlefields would be nice for tactical depth.)

Level 5 would start to show the difference between Warlock and Wizard in this resting system better. Is Long Rest still too spammable?

I'd like to try how a melee Cleric plays with War Domain, with martial weapons and heavy armor. Seems like a pretty trivial thing to add.

Last edited by 1varangian; 29/07/21 09:13 AM.
Joined: Dec 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Dec 2020
Originally Posted by Ungeweldig
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Level 5 because that's the hardest thing to mod in and it will force the entire community to approach the game from a new standpoint. I imagine the class mods will continue working through it, like how my Bard mod is still functioning perfectly despite the mod author having made zero adjustments since Patch 3.

DId you use Candor, Vortex or manual to install the Bard mod? I could not get it to work.

I legit didn't remember at first since I installed it so long ago during Patch 2 or 3 and haven't needed to do anything else since, but it appears that I used Candor. The only problem I get is that when making a new character, I get messages about how the 'story could not be loaded' or something like that, but it doesn't affect anything.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 29/07/21 09:44 PM.
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
T
addict
Offline
addict
T
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
I am strongly against level 5 and I will laugh happily smile when not included in patch 6. I want this game to never go high level. Maximum level 10-13 example at full release and 10-12 would be better.

Main class for me Barbarian, Bard, Monk, Paladin or Sorcerer.
Of course if they would also include more subclasses and Cleric domains and races from PHB that would also be nice.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 29/07/21 10:54 PM.
Joined: Nov 2020
U
member
Offline
member
U
Joined: Nov 2020
I want it to be the "oops all barbarians" patch

I watn Barbarian Karlach, I want Barbarian as a class, I want Half-orc as a species.

and level 5 would be nice.

Last edited by urktheturtle; 30/07/21 12:12 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
I am strongly against level 5 and I will laugh happily smile when not included in patch 6. I want this game to never go high level. Maximum level 10-13 example at full release and 10-12 would be better.

Main class for me Barbarian, Bard, Monk, Paladin or Sorcerer.
Of course if they would also include more subclasses and Cleric domains and races from PHB that would also be nice.
Interesting, why?

Imo, id like to see at least 15, max 20. Never been a fan of epic levels.

Last edited by fallenj; 30/07/21 01:11 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
T
addict
Offline
addict
T
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by urktheturtle
I want it to be the "oops all barbarians" patch

I watn Barbarian Karlach, I want Barbarian as a class, I want Half-orc as a species.

and level 5 would be nice.

Barbarian Karlach would make me happy because then I could add Paladin to the list of classes I could choose for my main to avoid overlap.

Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
T
addict
Offline
addict
T
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
Originally Posted by fallenj
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
I am strongly against level 5 and I will laugh happily smile when not included in patch 6. I want this game to never go high level. Maximum level 10-13 example at full release and 10-12 would be better.

Main class for me Barbarian, Bard, Monk, Paladin or Sorcerer.
Of course if they would also include more subclasses and Cleric domains and races from PHB that would also be nice.
Interesting, why?

Imo, id like to see at least 15, max 20. Never been a fan of epic levels.
I have never been interested in high level campaigns level 15-20 neither in Pen and Paper or in computer games. BG2 was good, but not due to its high levels. BG2 did start from high level though and not from level 1.

Being high level in WOW MMO is different because it is still action combat fluid and not turn based combat.

Well and then on forums I have been warned to talk about the content I want most aka adults only. Well so screw this wish of level 5.
In addition there are many other like me that want to leave room for more levels in an expansion or BG4. Well and then I want Early Access only be Act 1 though yes they can give more classes, races and hopefully even more subclasses and Cleric domains from PHB already into Early Access.

Finally more levels means postponing release date. I do not want this game to be released 2024+

Last edited by Terminator2020; 30/07/21 07:39 AM.
Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
I think level 5 should really be a thing in the process because it will change the experience a lot and add many things that could be well implemented... Or not at all !

I.E I really fear how Larian will handle AOE spells with surfaces. I think this is really something we should try.

That said for next patch if I have to choose I'd say a new class. Classes are also something we have to try... races aren't IMO.

But I still have to try patch 5 so I can wait
(floods in my belgian village = no electricity, no internet, no computer for 2 weeks now)

Last edited by Maximuuus; 30/07/21 08:06 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Germany
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Germany
Having another Race is having more story content reactions in dialog, events or battle, like its allready done for the implemented ones.

another Subclass is thereby the same as another Race.
Just other Variants, possibilities what you can do, what can happen etc.

Level 5 Content can be a winner. Here you can either just raise level to open options for same content in ACT1,
OR
it will open a new Area with new Content, higher level NPCs and Quests and maybe +2 Items slowly coming in.


The Question should have been:
Will you want to have more variations in current Act1 to experience in Battle, Dialog, possiblities OR do you want totally new Content like an Act2 or access to more areas in Act1 to experience that with the current implemented content of characters, races, classes?

Last edited by TheHero; 30/07/21 09:00 AM.
Joined: Mar 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Mar 2020
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Originally Posted by fallenj
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
I am strongly against level 5 and I will laugh happily smile when not included in patch 6. I want this game to never go high level. Maximum level 10-13 example at full release and 10-12 would be better.

Main class for me Barbarian, Bard, Monk, Paladin or Sorcerer.
Of course if they would also include more subclasses and Cleric domains and races from PHB that would also be nice.
Interesting, why?

Imo, id like to see at least 15, max 20. Never been a fan of epic levels.
I have never been interested in high level campaigns level 15-20 neither in Pen and Paper or in computer games. BG2 was good, but not due to its high levels. BG2 did start from high level though and not from level 1.

Being high level in WOW MMO is different because it is still action combat fluid and not turn based combat.

Well and then on forums I have been warned to talk about the content I want most aka adults only. Well so screw this wish of level 5.
In addition there are many other like me that want to leave room for more levels in an expansion or BG4. Well and then I want Early Access only be Act 1 though yes they can give more classes, races and hopefully even more subclasses and Cleric domains from PHB already into Early Access.

Finally more levels means postponing release date. I do not want this game to be released 2024+

It should be said that having access to Level 5 in EA does not mean that Act 1 should "allow" it in Full Release. You can scale XP, Encounters etc... so that we stay low level, that's not necessarily the discussion here. People would like to test the elements that come with being Level 5 within this test bed that is Act1 EA. Again, at what point Larian aim for players to be at certain levels and what their end game aims are, are secondary to this discussion.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Originally Posted by TheHero
OR do you want totally new Content like an Act2
Let go ...
We were told multiple times and very specificly that Act2 will NOT be part of Early Acess.


Short coment on my English. smile

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
T
addict
Offline
addict
T
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by TheHero
OR do you want totally new Content like an Act2
Let go ...
We were told multiple times and very specificly that Act2 will NOT be part of Early Acess.
Yes this and I hope not level 5 in Early Aceess... well if there is level 5 in Early Acess I will think whatever but at less I want GB3 Full Release max level be 10-12. Level 13 maybe at BG3 Full Release. This also because I want this come out in year 2022 or year 2023 and not year 2024.

Solasta you can play in Full Release (however Solasta does not have all Classes and does not support multiplayer and not good looking graphics) and in September 2021 comes out Full Release Pathfinder 2....
However BG3 I guess Full Release October-December 2022 or January-December 2023.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 30/07/21 01:33 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
N
member
Offline
member
N
Joined: Oct 2020
i think given some of the criticisms larian's past games have received for their higher lvl/end-game balance and the power jump that occurs in dnd for lvl five...i really think including testing for lvl five should be a goal of EA and could serve to generate a lot of good feedback as new class abilities/skills begin to get showcased. i think eventually that the other classes will get rolled out as we get closer to launch, but tbh i would prefer a longer development time if it ensures a better game, and given their development progress so far i think a release before 2023 or atleast 4Q2022 may not be the best idea.

Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
T
addict
Offline
addict
T
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
Originally Posted by nation
i think given some of the criticisms larian's past games have received for their higher lvl/end-game balance and the power jump that occurs in dnd for lvl five...i really think including testing for lvl five should be a goal of EA and could serve to generate a lot of good feedback as new class abilities/skills begin to get showcased. i think eventually that the other classes will get rolled out as we get closer to launch, but tbh i would prefer a longer development time if it ensures a better game, and given their development progress so far i think a release before 2023 or atleast 4Q2022 may not be the best idea.
Sven that is boss in Larian said in video that we are lucky if this game can be released within 2022 and not postponed to year 2023. It means likely year 2023 release date and it is is a long year January-December 2023.

Now level 4 or level 5 as max level in Early Access I can not decide it anyway. Only Larian can decide that. However I would not hold great hopes for level 5 in patch 6. That said a new class Barbarian. Bard, Monk, Paladin or Sorceror in patch 6 yes that is very realistic and it has been long time since Druid was released.

Could Larian release addition content at same time as more to a new class? Of course they can example a new playable race from PHB or perhaps a Cleric Domain or subclass from PHB. I do not have some inside info what all they will release in patch 6 but if I could bet money on something that I strongly believe will be in patch 6 then I would bet money on new class release from PHB so one of those 5 classes I mentioned.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 30/07/21 02:12 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Germany
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Germany
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by TheHero
OR do you want totally new Content like an Act2
Let go ...
We were told multiple times and very specificly that Act2 will NOT be part of Early Acess.
Yes this and I hope not level 5 in Early Aceess... well if there is level 5 in Early Acess I will think whatever but at less I want GB3 Full Release max level be 10-12. Level 13 maybe at BG3 Full Release. This also because I want this come out in year 2022 or year 2023 and not year 2024.

Solasta you can play in Full Release (however Solasta does not have all Classes and does not support multiplayer and not good looking graphics) and in September 2021 comes out Full Release Pathfinder 2....
However BG3 I guess Full Release October-December 2022 or January-December 2023.


Then it is allready decided. The question was not the right one, because the solution most people want to read is, that the wish is for more VARIATIONS of same gameplay.
A HIGHER replayability by introducing more VARIANTS in form of Classes, Races, Sub-classes, Subraces and waht you name for that.
All you want to do is play the same in Variation.
Well,
that means most of you should consider that more VARIATIONS need more developing time, because this game is Text intensive the more, the more VARIATION you wish to be in the game.
So adieu, release window 2022 ;(, we all will meet in 2024 again and play the Variations out of this game for sure.

Last edited by TheHero; 30/07/21 02:25 PM.
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
T
addict
Offline
addict
T
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
Originally Posted by TheHero
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by TheHero
OR do you want totally new Content like an Act2
Let go ...
We were told multiple times and very specificly that Act2 will NOT be part of Early Acess.
Yes this and I hope not level 5 in Early Aceess... well if there is level 5 in Early Acess I will think whatever but at less I want GB3 Full Release max level be 10-12. Level 13 maybe at BG3 Full Release. This also because I want this come out in year 2022 or year 2023 and not year 2024.

Solasta you can play in Full Release (however Solasta does not have all Classes and does not support multiplayer and not good looking graphics) and in September 2021 comes out Full Release Pathfinder 2....
However BG3 I guess Full Release October-December 2022 or January-December 2023.


Then it is allready decided. The question was not the right one, because the solution most people want to read is, that the wish is for more VARIATIONS of same gameplay.
A HIGHER replayability by introducing more VARIANTS in form of Classes, Races, Sub-classes, Subraces and waht you name for that.
All you want to do is play the same in Variation.
Well,
that means most of you should consider that more VARIATIONS need more developing time, because this game is Text intensive the more, the more VARIATION you wish to be in the game.
So adieu, release window 2022 ;(, we all will meet in 2024 again and play the Variations out of this game for sure.
Eh? I have not said I am against more subclasses and Cleric Domains and races. Example Cleric domain Tempest from PHB is very much on my wishlist.

I have said I am doubtful if they include all subclasses and Cleric Domains from PHB to BG3 game at full release. I would not complain if they do that and that would be a happy surprise to me.

I do believe all classes from PHB will be included at full release and hopefully also all races from PHB.

If you say I must choose one more thing in addition to new basic class in Patch 6 then add Tempest Domain to Cleric and I have nothing against they add more subclasses generally at same time. However I am not convinced they will do that.
Well and I am absolutely positive for more races from PHB to BG3.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 30/07/21 04:28 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5