Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#784085 29/07/21 10:00 PM
S
sinogy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Am I missing smth or is there no skill choice in character creation?

I made a fighter and as far as I know there was no option for me to chose a skill! In 5e, fighters choose two Skills from Acrobatics, Animal Handling, Athletics, History, Insight, Intimidation, Perception, and Survival at the start!

veteran
veteran
Skills are automatically chosen for you from what I remember, but you can change them if you wish.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by sinogy
Am I missing smth or is there no skill choice in character creation?

I made a fighter and as far as I know there was no option for me to chose a skill! In 5e, fighters choose two Skills from Acrobatics, Animal Handling, Athletics, History, Insight, Intimidation, Perception, and Survival at the start!

You are missing something. Left of the Attribute tab you have the Skills Tab at the top. You can select/deselect skills there. Also under the Origin Tab furthest left allows you to choose a background which comes with two skill proficiencies.

Hope that helps.

Blackheifer
T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Skills are automatically chosen for you from what I remember, but you can change them if you wish.

This is the case, skills are automatically defaulted. I presume so nobody goes into a game with no skills, which seems like you could just...not allow someone to venture forth if they haven't chosen all their options? But okay.

The entire character creation process could stand for remake. I feel like it is throwing way too much information at you, especially if you're a newcomer. The Skills screen is especially guilty of this with providing you with 2 different lists to pick all of your proficiencies, using the long list first so it's easy to miss the second one, while also telling you there are 2 skills from your background that you have 3 different times. That's on top of the color design of making everything similar so you can't easily tell what you can pick and what you can't.

Last edited by dreambled; 30/07/21 02:48 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by dreambled
The entire character creation process could stand for remake. I feel like it is throwing way too much information at you, especially if you're a newcomer. The Skills screen is especially guilty of this with providing you with 2 different lists to pick all of your proficiencies, using the long list first so it's easy to miss the second one, while also telling you there are 2 skills from your background that you have 3 different times. That's on top of the color design of making everything similar so you can't easily tell what you can pick and what you can't.

I'm sure it will go through substantial revision, along with tutorials, before it goes Final. I would expect this to remain a low priority right now, in deference to working on various mechanics and sub-systems.

Originally Posted by Anfindel
Originally Posted by dreambled

I'm sure it will go through substantial revision, along with tutorials, before it goes Final. I would expect this to remain a low priority right now, in deference to working on various mechanics and sub-systems.
Yeah, typically these things have some of the lowest priority so I don't expect to see a change until closer to release or at release itself.

veteran
veteran
I think that the Background does not make sense to be anywhere except on the Skills page. I understand the idea that "Background" is supposed to be part of your "Origin" so is on the "Origin" tab, but for practical purposes, the Background is chosen largely for skill proficiencies. Putting the Background on the Origin page and the Skills on another page is going to lead to a LOT of players flipping between those pages to decide what combination of Background and Class proficiencies to take.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard