Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Currently alot of the cut-scenes show a really zoomed in scene that basically only shows the NPCS heads really up close.

I am finding it quite "in your face" and to obtrusive. I think it would also add alot of value and character to the NPCS is we could fully see what clothes they are wearing, what weapons they are carrying, what jewellry they have ect......not just their big head.

Just some honest genuine feedback guys!!! I think it will help alot if you zoom out more!

Last edited by teclis23; 30/07/21 10:11 AM.
veteran
veteran
+1 Yes, framing was and still is distractingly zoomed in too close.

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
why are they zooming in so close do you think? I dont get it?

S
addict
addict
S
+1

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by teclis23

Character models get in the way. Even now, you often get some random person blocking the camera shot. Lae'zel decides to stand off to Zevlor's right, so when the camera angles from the right she's blocking view of the speaker. Zoomed in shots minimize this.

What they really need to do is staged blocking, meaning they need all dialogues to take place in Turn Based Mode so everyone freezes in a set place every time. If you enter a dialogue, the world stops moving. This would prevent you from moving Astarion around to pick a character's pockets during dialogue, but that's not how that should work anyway. If you enter dialogue, you should not be able to switch characters and such to kill the person from behind or steal their things or whatever. That would fix a lot of issues.

Basically, lock dialogue so if you're in it everyone is in it. Fast travel the party together for the dialogue. Allow characters to switch during dialogue to utilize skill proficiencies better as a party. Then if you want to have one person distract a character so a thief can rob them, implement a Help function similar to the spell help they jist added. Astarion attempts a pickpocket, Gale is allowed to Help, Astarion receives advantage on his Sleight of Hand roll, cutscene shows Gale chatting with vendor about nothing while Astarion attempts to pick his pockets or take his stuff from a chest behind his back. Success, Astarion gets away with it. Failure, vendor turns and catches him.

veteran
veteran
why are they zooming in so close do you think? I don't get it?
The camera work is probably mostly "machine-generated". That's how they can afford to make a game that has hundreds of cinematic close-ups for countless NPCS and dialogues without having Rockstar-tier money.
A wider shot is probably more prone to imperfections, which is possibly why the system avoids it most of the time.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Most cutscenes seem to be "generated" rather then handscripted. Let's hope they will either improve generation before release, or fix them by hand (I believe most games with lots of cutscenes - Mass effect, witcher3 - use some kind of generation as basis, and then clean those up manually. Take this with grain of salt, I don't know much about development proces, just repeating what I think I read/watched at one point)

Originally Posted by GM4Him
What they really need to do is staged blocking, meaning they need all dialogues to take place in Turn Based Mode so everyone freezes in a set place every time.
I would welcome it, though it might be undesirable from coop perspective - Larian might not want to drag into the conversation everyone in the vacinity, whenever they want it or not.

Last edited by Wormerine; 30/07/21 06:00 PM.
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
ahh i see now this makes alot of sense, they are zooming in close because there could be other models in the way if they zoom out more depending on where the models are situated....

i stil think they need to fix this though they cant leave it like this

Last edited by teclis23; 31/07/21 12:25 AM.
addict
addict
close ups are less work smile

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard