Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
I have not done anything different but it just seems to never happen, the dialogue.

veteran
veteran
I understand you need to save some children, and possibly the refugees and have him in party for all that. So save Arabella and that kid by the harpies. Make sure you show compassion for people who make youthful mistakes and then he should spill the beans.

Blackheifer
U
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
I understand you need to save some children, and possibly the refugees and have him in party for all that. So save Arabella and that kid by the harpies. Make sure you show compassion for people who make youthful mistakes and then he should spill the beans.

Many thanks.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Might just be me, but he never told me his story. He just casually mentioned 1 day that he eats magical items and I never saw any of his other dialogues :|

veteran
veteran
Funny enough ...
Gale's magical items diet seems to be tied to his approval level with Tav ... so the more he likes you, the more he requires ... when i had bad relationship with him, he never asked for anything. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
That's actually true. You can go a good while without him asking for items. But he also will not have any dialogue with you about anything.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I've noticed characters don't seem to chat as much the past few updates. I'm wondering if it's tied to how often you do (or don't) rest, because I'm at the stage where I can cheerfully get to (even beyond) the abandoned village before my first rest.

Yes, if you want your companions to be chatty, you want to rest often. There are two camps in particular that only occur if you camp BEFORE going to the Grove.

addict
addict
Hmmm I do wonder if this game wouldn't be better off with a fatigue mechanic, you know, something that prompts you to rest a little more frequently and thus kick off events and discussions more readily.
It is even possible to get through most of Act1 without a long rest (depending on Race/Class composition of party).

There is a trigger. After every 2 fights without a long rest, the characters will say "oh I'm soooo tired - I should rest."

Which is funny because I will not long rest after easy fights, and I pick a lot of them. I feel like they should change the trigger to something like "I have something to discuss with you at camp," or something that triggers after plot points. Companion dialogue isn't just bonus for camping - it is often the whole reason to actually camp.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by AvatarOfSHODAN
There is a trigger. After every 2 fights without a long rest, the characters will say "oh I'm soooo tired - I should rest."

Which is funny because I will not long rest after easy fights, and I pick a lot of them. I feel like they should change the trigger to something like "I have something to discuss with you at camp," or something that triggers after plot points. Companion dialogue isn't just bonus for camping - it is often the whole reason to actually camp.

I would prefer that it be more than an audio queue regardless of whether it's "I'm tired" or "I need to talk". Like when you have a level up visual clue, you should have a visual reminder when characters have something important to say at camp.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I rather like how the current system is it's usually *another* character that asks to rest. I've had shadowheart mention they're tired, only for a cutscene with Astarion or Scratch to trigger when camp begins

apprentice
apprentice
I wish I had that problem.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by Riandor
Hmmm I do wonder if this game wouldn't be better off with a fatigue mechanic, you know, something that prompts you to rest a little more frequently and thus kick off events and discussions more readily.
It is even possible to get through most of Act1 without a long rest (depending on Race/Class composition of party).

Should be cool have a day and night system and 15 hours autonomy then start penalties till rest... a sort of Truck Driver Clock disc laugh.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard