Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Reik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Since there will most likely be a lot of people playing this game that aren't familiar with Faerun/The Forgotten Realms, it might be helpful to have the ability to hover over proper nouns or whatnot during dialogue and have them display information our character would know as an inhabitant of the world that we as a player may not. It would allow a lot of information that may be helpful for the player to enjoy the story without having to force it all in to expositional dialogue. I believe they have a system similar to this in Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Pillars of Eternity 2.

veteran
veteran
In the last Panel from Hell, Sven was talking about the need to improve "onboarding" for new players. Hopefuly, that kind of stuff is what he meant. Handy ingame tooltips go a long way into making game like that easier to get a grasp on.

stranger
stranger
+1

I personally really liked the system in PF:K, since i only played Pathfinder in homebrew settings and wasn't familiar with the World of Golarion.
Also having a comprehensive Codex with:
-Places (Faerun, Forgotten Realms, Baldur's Gate, Waterdeep, etc.)
-Characters/groups (People you meet and also important people for the setting, also Groups like Flaming Fist, Harpers, etc.)
-History/Events (Descent into Avernus events, Bhaalspawn events, Spellplague, Sundering, etc.)
-Gamplay mechanics (Attributes, Skills, Spells, Class Abilities, Action economy and so on, especially helpful for new players)

Moderated by  Nicou 

Link Copied to Clipboard