Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Originally Posted by psykka
I'd love to see 3e Psionics implementation. It's one of the few areas of D&D (along with Oriental Adventures, maybe) that has never received their due recognition via implementation in an official core game.

I so agree on this, but sadly they are advertising 5e ruleset, so we are missing some of the really cool stuff from earlier rule-sets (my fav was 3e).

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Avallonkao
Originally Posted by Van'tal
Originally Posted by Araanidim
Act 2.

I would love to see them finish all the classes that will be available at launch.

Then I would love to see the remaining companions and custom companions (hirelings if you will...so I can make my own party). P.S. If they are snarky and rude like the female companions...then a mute button plz.
If they excessively Emo, like the buzzkill "cry in my beer" Tiefling bard...yes plz on the mute.

Then, once they have all the story elements in place...finish the story.

Yes..I second on your desire to see more content.

So basically you want a mute companion that has absolutely no personality and never talks. And will follow you around. Well, at least they'll add the mercenary options.

They already have this right now, make mutliple characters and the additional characters just do that.

veteran
veteran
Didnt try on patch 5 ...
But someone said here on forum that is no longer possible ... dunno, just passing on. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
U
stranger
stranger
U
I would like to see the whole party involved in the dialog scenes. When I picked up the book of the dead gods in the first dungeon, I wanted to ask my wizard to disrupt the rune locking the book (arcana check), my cleric to make sense of what was written (religion check).
Dnd is about having a balanced party to be able to accomplish any task thrown at you, including figuring things out! If I have a wizard who would surely know more about magic than my character, I should be able to call upon his knowledge is dialog!

C
stranger
stranger
C
In Patch 6, I would like to see some changes. I'd like to say that I LOVE this game but I do see some issues.
-The Level Cap. While I do understand why there is a level cap, I think it should be move. My issue is not that I am not powerful enough to kill stuff. My issue is that we get about half of the xp that can be obtained in Act 1. I don't play modded and yet I can be max level before I finish the Goblin Camp, before I venture up to Wakeens Rest, before I go to the Underdark and I never actually kill the gith patrol. They gave us all this possible xp but only allow us to have half of it. I'd like to see that moved a bit to the right, maybe level 5 or 6. Only because it's already possible to achieve that in the portion of the game released without adding anything.
-The Cleric Class. I would like to see some effect of worshiping certain deities. If I choose to worship the God of Murder, I'd like to see some effect on the type of Cleric I am. Running around healing things, sneaking or burning things with sacred flame seems off. Or if I worship that one deity (I'm sorry I can't remember the names but these are the 3 evel deities in an alliance) who is a Necromancer turned God. I'd like to see some Deity specific blessing or something. On that note...
-More Cleric Subclasses to better fit some of the paths followers of certain deities would take. Like Clerics who worship Mystra would get a proficiency in Arcane or something and those who worship Selune would get that one moon ability that would last for 10 turns and burn everything that enters with moon beam holy fire. I think that spell is something currently available to the Druid class.
-The Gith Patrol: The one issue I have with the Gith patrol is if you persuade Lae-Zel to play along, you roll a persuasion die, but you must also pass a deception check to see if it works. Maybe it's Lae-Zel rolling a deception die, but I'd like to see it. Our buffs like Bless should count towards that.
-Potential Quests: I'd like to see a few side quests. I can only think of 2 that I have seen thus far but I'm sure there are others. In the Druid camp, you meet a blacksmith who says he has something similar to steel. You hear him say in passing that he wants better tools and he would be able to make better weapons if he had proper tools. We find tools such as hammers and such everywhere, but there is never an option to give them to him. We even find an old abandoned blacksmith workshop in the blighted village but can't give anything to him. We also find a chef in the Druid Camp who says in passing that she wants salt and would be willing to trade anything for it to improve the thing she is making. I have not found salt in the game, but it would be great if there were side quests to help these people out that would improve the gear you can buy from the blacksmith and the food you get from the chef.
-NPC interrelationships. I love that if you don't romance Lae-Zel or Wyll, they share the afterparty night together. I love that Wyll tries to romance Shadowheart but she says that she has no intention of playing second fiddle to Lae-Zel. As far as I can tell, this is the extent of the NPC relationships that don't involve the player. I'd love to see more of this. Maybe not in Patch 6. That might be something that has to wait for the release of the full game. But I would love to see the relationship of the companions change depending on how they interact with each other, which will depend on how the player character plays. I can see so much potential with Astarion and Gale.
I love this game. I've logged over 250 hours and plan to pay so much more while exploring different playthroughs. Larian is doing such a great job! I cannot wait to see what the full game will be like.

- Bard class! With fav instruments to chose from during character creation
- No more chain system for the party management/splitting
- More story content for Lae'zel like we got for Shadowheart in patch 5
- Fix the glitchy ladders
- more clothes for wizards! Hats too! We're stuck with the same ugly robe in different colors
- flesh out Familiars a little bit and add a little more variety. Maybe add some fey spirits or eldritch stuff to complement the Great Old One spec for the warlock. Maybe add unique familiars that can be obtained through quests/by finding scrolls. Heck, even the ability to call Scratch and the owlbear cub in battle would be cool.
- Karlach..?

- Firm believer in Mindflayer supremacy -
H
stranger
stranger
H
I'll be honest, i'd love a part before the intro where you are just a person with a bag of gold and need to buy you're gear from like baldurs gate or one of the surrounding towns perhaps? (whatever that may be) before getting snatched by the mind flayers (definitely not a patch 6 thing though)

Paladin class feels like it's wanted by a lot of people including me

Customisable starting armour (even if it's three styles) would be nice to have a unique look even if it's only slightly different

Favoured colour (like above being able to choose the colour of you're tabard/clothes and potentially pattern)

more "unique" type weapons

shorter longsword handle (it looks like a small greatsword at times which can be off-puting when using it with a shield to me)

Origin characters or even one of them becomes playable (unless it would spoil anything down the line)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Haggis Warrior
shorter longsword handle (it looks like a small greatsword at times which can be off-puting when using it with a shield to me)
Many weapons could use a little shortening of hilts ... or whole model in general. laugh

But thanks for noticing this, another thing i want to see in patch 6: Visible shield when sheated!!!
I really hate as it keep dissapearing. frown Honestly i would probably not even mind it both set of weapons were visible all the time. O_o

veteran
veteran
Magic system reworked :
- more spells
- proper spell list
- proper reactions
- everyone can't use (every) scrolls

Action rework :
- shove as an action + distance reduced
- hide as an action
- massive rework of dipping (or dipping removed)
- remove advantage/disadvantage from highground

- non-origin companions (=\=mercenaries)
- 1 new class
- day/night cycle
- party of 5
- better itemization (more normal items, less wtf magical items, less OP consummables, no more surfaces arrows, +1 arrows,...)

Last edited by Maximuuus; 15/09/21 11:08 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
P
stranger
stranger
P
Background:
3 play throughs going back to first available day (First two did not fully complete the underdark) Last play through every pixel on all maps visible.
Steam Hours: 350.2 hours - Each play through appx 100 hours.
v. 4.1.1.1233832

Listed in order but not inclusive:
- Fix 'sticky'/unclosed objects when moving things in/out of of container and inventory. ESPECIALLY in the main camp. Causes innumerable crashes.
- Fix ladder/vine climbing issues.
- DO NOT REMOVE HIEGHT ADVANTAGE! (Seriously what's a sneaky sniper without it?)
- Fix Haslam join issues. This playthrough I got him to join and stay with the team in Camp, but there wasn't any dialog for him to travel in the frontline. Likely because I killed the goblin leaders before exploring The Grove with the exception of utilizing Arron - Which by the way, Thank you for reducing and eliminating much of Arron's annoyingly redundant dialog!
Related: If you kill the goblin leadership prior to exploring The Grove and directly rescuing Haslam, the fight to rescue him should still remain for his storyline continuity. It's a great battle I was disappointed to have inadvertently skipped with my assassination run. The guards in the powrder keg room remain, as well as the guards along the main entrance, why not Haslim's keepers?
- Fix Quicksave/Reload - Had to do entire playthrough with full save/reloads
- Enable ability to make notes or at least change the game save name. I can see facilities for notes were already created but they are not enabled. That would allow me to eliminate half a billion saves
- Add a non-evil PLEASANT female as a player character - Afira would be an awesome romance-able bard choice!!! More of her singning cinematics (around campfire) would be nice.
- Put the switch back in the Underdark Fortress by the skeleton to turn off beams. (Tried room reload in Vulcan and Directx - Me thinks you got rid of it
- Make the holy font in the Underdark Fortress do something. Placing the statue of Selune visually fits - That and reading the Selune prayer sheet could possibly turn off beam? Other choices should have negative affects. Obviously Shadowhearts approval/disapproval would be affected.

It's coming along well! I just wish I could export my characters and feel better about them surviving post early release intact. Though, if Afira was made playable, I'd have to do another playthrough <3

Ultimately I'd like to go into full release with Haslim, Afira, and Gale - Think I'll do the whole Dragon Age trilogy again and see where BG3 is at after words.

Last edited by Paliphany; 12/09/21 03:37 PM.
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by Paliphany
- DO NOT REMOVE HIEGHT ADVANTAGE! (Seriously what's a sneaky sniper without it?)
Fighting words.
Blacklisted instantly.

I was wondering if "two months and half from the last patch" still qualifies as a " coming sooner than you think".
In fact at this point I wonder what Swen thought we were thinking of, exactly.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
There was few people on forum that predicted that every next patch take aproximately few (2-4) weeks more than last one ...
So, since we waited around 5 months to Patch 5 ... some people around here claimed that patch 6 will take 6 or maybe even 7 months. :P

Personaly i kinda hope we get some anouncement til end of *this* month. frown

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 15/09/21 12:35 PM.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Jokes aside I'm sort of expecting to see an update by the beginning of October, matching the "anniversary" for a full year of EA.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
I allways thought that on that "anniversary" we would have all classes out. O_o
Until you mentioned it i didnt even realize how close it is. laugh

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Paliphany
Fighting words.
Blacklisted instantly.

I was wondering if "two months and half from the last patch" still qualifies as a " coming sooner than you think".
I've written several posts about how Height Advantage dominates other strategies in the game. I didn't realize that is so potent players wouldn't realize that they get Advantage when attacking from stealth.
The sneaky sniper only needs to crouch/hide to get Advantage on their attack.

Personally I've been thinking week 1 December for Patch 6.

veteran
veteran
What's a sneaky sniper without height advantage ?
A sniper that has an advantage ...!

Seriously just learn how the game works before coming with big red non sense sentences.

Highground advantage/ lowground disadvantage is one of the things that makes combats so repetitive, cheap if we're talking about strategy and so boring when you play a melee character.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 15/09/21 11:16 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
enthusiast
enthusiast
I hope patch 6 happens soon. And I hope there are new classes more than anything else. I likely won’t replay until there is.

I also hope with all my heart that Alfira never shows up again in the game. I am sorry, but ‘crying bard that sings’ is not my idea of a fun character. I had Leliana in DAO and Dandelion’s chic in TW3. Both had way better singing moments, and more interesting stories that actually added something to the game. Adding Alfira would be utterly pointless.

Perhaps I am just tired of singing gals with lutes. I admit my grumpiness on this topic, but the love for Alfira (and Halsin and Minthara) is simply beyond me.

Hells, if they were going to add a recruitable companion from folks we met, I would vote for Sazza or even the bloke from the windmill before Alfira.

stranger
stranger
What I like to see in Patch 6....

1) Rescale and/or redesign the weapons. Majority of the weapons appear to be the same size. IE, the longsword and greatsword are barely indistinguishable from one another. Another example, the hand axe should be the size of a hatchet. And the daggers. Can we talk about those? They do not exist. Every dagger in the game thus far look more like knives. If I recall correctly, daggers are double edged where as knives of this period are only single edged. And all the "daggers" I have seen in the game thus far are single edged. So, again, the weapons of this game needs some serious modifications and repairs.

2) I would love to see more freedom in character creation. A lot more options if you will, please. IE, the ability to choose our starting gear based on class and background like in the PHB. The ability to dictate where our weapons are sheathed. For example, longswords/shortswords/rapiers/hand axes/maces/etc can be worn at the hip too, not just the back. And for the love of all that is holy and unholy, take the extra time to create sheaths for the swords and daggers, please. The ability to choose our own color scheme for our clothing and gear. Add cloaks to gear options. More tattoo options to choose from and not just for the face. There is such a thing as body tattoos too, ya know. And I would love to see you all bring back the dice rolling options for stats like in BG 1 & 2.

3) The cinematics are in dire need of fixin. For example, The cut scene where you speak with the hobgoblin and his Mindflayer friend in the underdark. Before patch 5, it was working well. After patch 5, it is not working at all. A bit of repair/polishing of all the cut scenes are in order.

4) I'm not fully expecting this in patch 6 as this could be a huge giant undertaking, but can we have the option of modifying the origin characters a bit? Like changing their sex, color schemes, hair styles, and starting gear just to name a few. Cause I seriously hate Astarion's and Lae'Zel's hair styles with a passion. And I would love to see what the opposite sex of the current companions be like.

5) In all my play throughs, I found that I could possibly achieve level 6 in Act 1. So I would love to see the level cap increased to lvl 6.

6) Wizards should not be able to learn divine spells through scrolls. According to 5e rules, it is not possible. Divine magic is way different than Arcane magic. Unless the divine spell is also available for the arcane. IE the Animate Dead spell. It is available for both the divine and the arcane. This is something that other players have brought up. As far as I am concerned, leave it be as I am loving it. But fare is fare.

7) Please drop the advantage/disadvantage due to having high/low ground. Just cause you have high ground, don't mean you have advantage over others. Unless you have the sun at your back that will blind those that try to look at you, high ground will only make you an easier target for range attacks. Especially during dusk and dawn as your silhouette will stand out more. And just cause you have low ground, don't mean you are at a disadvantage. Snipers love taking cover in low ground. Makes them nearly impossible to be seen. And they can use the high ground silhouette their enemies make to their advantage. I mean, snipers love high ground too but only if they have total concealment and/or cover. Therefore reducing their silhouette drastically to out right removing it completely. So again, remove the High Ground advantage and Low Ground Disadvantage please.

8) There are many bugs in the game that are needing fixed. For example, weapons not properly placed when being held at the ready. Bodies ragdolling uncontrollably long after being killed and then glitching. Interactive objects/ladders/vines/etc unable to be interacted with due to being out of reach for some odd reason. Inability to reach areas that are supposed to be accessible. Even with the jump action. Keep getting messages like "Out of Reach", "Too high", "Not enough space", etc.

9) Only rogues get to use the Stealth option as a bonus action due to their cunning skill. It's one of the abilities that makes the Rogues unique. Let's not take that away from them. So, make the stealth option use up an action for the rest of the classes. Leve it a bonus action only for the Rogues. Please and thank you.

10) I would love to see more subclass options for the current classes. For example, add more traditions for the wizards. Add more domains for the clerics. Add stuff out of "Tasha's Cauldron of Everything", IE the Psychic Warrior subclass for the fighter (Would be perfect for Lae' Zel).

11) I would love to see new playable races. IE the half-orc, gnome, goblin, human variant, asimar and even the custom race from "Tasha's Cauldron of Everything."

12) Maybe adding the Paladin, Barbarian, and Bard classes to the mix for us to toy around with.

13) And for the love of all that is holy and unholy, destroy barrelmancy for good. Seriously. Let it die the horrible death it so rightfully deserves. It's a bit OP. And besides, who in their right mind would leave barrels of explosive substances laying about just waiting for some jackass to hit them with fire? Even goblins are not that stupid. If they are part of the story arc, fine. But in random dungeons or in places where people eat/sleep/shit? Really? Those things would be placed in a storage room faaaaaaaaaaaaar from people's living domiciles. And even then, they would be in areas where they would be used say like, mining storages, construction storages, and even military storages. All though, these storage areas for explosives would still be faaaaaaaaar from civilization and domiciles for safety in order to prevent accidental exploding and death.

14) Can we have the ability to turn off the voice responses our characters make when we give them a command to do something. IE I point to a spot and click for my party to move to that spot. The character I am currently controlling makes a comment akin to, "Will I ever get a break?" It was annoying in BG 1 & 2 and it is just as annoying or more so in BG 3. So, again. Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have the ability to turn that stupid thing off!?!?

Last edited by Talislee; 16/09/21 02:10 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Talislee
14) Can we have the ability to turn off the voice responses our characters make when we give them a command to do something. IE I point to a spot and click for my party to move to that spot. The character I am currently controlling makes a comment akin to, "Will I ever get a break?" It was annoying in BG 1 & 2 and it is just as annoying or more so in BG 3. So, again. Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have the ability to turn that stupid thing off!?!?
Thankfully we can already turn that crap off. Go to Audio settings and set point and click frequency to never.

veteran
veteran
As i read other people thoughts i realized how much i really hope we get some interesting new weapons ...
Whip would be certainly interesting ... aswell as flail ... honestly im nostly interested in their "special attacks". smile
But concidering how common gunpowder become in forgotten realms ... i wonder if there will be some Blunderbuss in this game ... i would love to recreate my Dwarf Hunter. :3

Originally Posted by timebean
Perhaps I am just tired of singing gals with lutes.
You and me both dear bean ...
But i on the contrary hope she will show up, and hope we will have option to torment her more than by just smashing her lute. :3

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard