Print Thread
J
Joe_zzz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Error Code: 0xC0000005
Info: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

I countered the same problem before, and I fix that by uninstalling and reinstalling the C++ redistributable. Then, the game suddenly crashed last night and cant startup after that, with the same error code.

Tried:
Uninstall and reinstall the C++ redistributable package
verify the sfc /scannow
rename the profile fold under /documents
add the folder into security exception
all of these didn't work

Could anyone help? Thanks a lot.

J
Joe_zzz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Update: I figure out the problem, the game reading .dll files related to sonic function within ur system which they don't have access to (cause they are wrongly labeled). That causes the crash on startup, like a dilemma using two different speakers connected to ur computer. The easiest way to fix this problem is switching to the "default" playback device (volume icon right bottom, it's Sonic Studio Virutal Mixer in my computer). And switch it back into the device you're using after startup. Lots of people perplex the problem like me, please fix this bug by Search/Grant the correct sonic device the game using, thanks.

J
Joe_zzz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
I should make this clear, the best way is just disabling the other sound devices except for the one you are using now

GS3 Offline
stranger
stranger
I have SOLVED the issues Vulcan Crashing and/or game stop loading and or crash, for me it was a DEVICE LOST error. In Task Manager-Processes- I went through on BG3.exe, LariLauncher.exe, CefSharp BrowserSubprocess's that are present under LariLauncher in Task Manager-Processes-Command Line Section they all start with C:\Program Files x86\Steam\…\…\Baldur's Gate 3\Launcher....Right click and In their Properties I changed these things: Compatibility Run as admin and in settings for all users i changed admin for all users, under Security I changed all Permissions to-Full in Advanced I added with inheritance enabled: Everyone, Systems, Local Services, Users, My Account name, and All Applications I think this one was the one that actually fixed the problem.

GS3 Offline
stranger
stranger
I have SOLVED the issues: Vulcan Crashing and/or game stop loading and or crash, for me it was a DEVICE LOST error.

After you have launched the game. In Task Manager (Alt+Ctrl+Del) These should be what you see and should be changing settings for:
    • BG3.exe
    • All sub-processes listed under BG3.exe
    • LariLauncher.exe
    • All sub-processes under LariLauncher--including all the CefSharp BrowserSubprocess's that are present. They will say something like this in the Command Line Tab:
        • C:\Program Files x86\Steam\…\…\Baldur's Gate 3\Launcher

In Task Manager-Processes- I went through the Processes listed above, Right clicked, and In their Properties I changed these things:
    • Under Compatibility- Enable Run as Admin
    • Under Settings for All Users I Enabled Admin for All Users

I think this one was the one that actually fixed the problem.

Go to Properties, Under Security tab I changed all Permissions to--Full--For all Groups and Users listed in this Box:

Then click Advanced button. With Inheritance enabled I added these Groups and Users: ALL with--Full--Permissions:
  • Everyone
  • Systems
  • Local Services
  • Users
  • My Account name
  • All Applications.
  • All Restricted Applications
  • Interactive

Link Copied to Clipboard