Print Thread
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Avallonkao
Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by colinl8
Originally Posted by fylimar
she is just dead meat in my playthroughs. So hard pass.

There's a possibility you're missing something here.

If you side with her, and bunk with her, and later choose to focus on her lust rather than fear, and pass a skill check, she doesn't try to kill you

so there's a lot of potential for Act 2+ possibilities with the character
I don't care, I'm not interested in evil cult leaders and I have zero interest in getting cosy with that drow, she is highly uninteresting and even annoying to me. It amazes me, that this character has so kann fans ( it amazes me with Astarion too, who I even like less than Minthara). As far, as I'm concerned, she is and stays dead meat, I only want her Amulett of Misty Steps.

Well, I share the same opinion, but not everyone is the same. Some want to enjoy an evil character/romance expecting to have something like a "romance" with evil characters. Until they realize that they will not have any sort of good endings and start blaming the developers. It happened in some games and ppl still think evil path, etc is more interesting which is nice to have this choice. So, let them try and see how exactly Evil is. Ad I hope Larian can make sure the Evil path has some very nasty ending/consequences, especially for "romances".

But again, now that I think about it, Larian made the worst, and the most evil ending in DOS2 their canon and lead to the best ending for the world. hmmm.
And that is ok for people who like evil characters (and graphic sex scenes, because I'm pretty sure, that this is a big reason for Mintharas popularity, which is fine by me). I was put off, because the user was strongly suggesting, I should try the Minthara romance and my reaction was basically a longwinded 'Hell, no'. It happens, that Minthara and Astarion are the two characters, I liked the least in EA so far.
If course, If people do go down that road, it would be interesting, if the story will have some (nasty?) surprise. I will watch the YouTube playthrough then grin

Last edited by fylimar; 16/08/21 03:25 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Yeah, perfectly understandable and sound choices there!

Honestly the amulate and some lootable black armor would be the best thing for Minthara as a character. Even along the evil path. Even if she comes back later after getting merc'd like Drizzt did, that would still be way cooler. Black Armor that we can steal. I'm pretty sure it works with every shade of eyeliner and any haircut!

Black Armor for the win. Then they can do whatever the hell they want with the makeup. Though I still think the Daisy idea is cool. If Minthara suddenly popped up with Daisy Hair and Daisy makeup choices. Or they could do the same for Halsin, or any of their big gets. Just kinda pegging it to those initial choices. Maybe its just the worm in our heads playing tricks, to explain away the convenience, but that would add another layer of depth to the dream choices.

C
addict
addict
C
At least for me, the appeal of a lawful evil (or murderous rampage) playthrough is just to see how much the writers have taken into account. What if I do action x at a completely ridiculous point in time? What if I do action y which seems like it should totally block the story? How is this handled? I like seeing how the writers handle the negative ending, or being surprised (like in Outer Worlds) where you can still get a decent outcome for the world if you side with the (initial) antagonist.

Originally Posted by Black_elk
I still think the Daisy idea is cool

Is "Daisy" the name we're using for the who do you dream of? character? If so, I definitely like the idea of seeing those choices manifest in the real world

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I don't think there's any other drow npc besides Minthara, at least alive.
Do we need drow tho?
I mean ... they are just elves with dark skin ... if we wish to compare their look, elf woman should do just fine ... and there is plently of them. laugh

There is; but in the aforementioned post my focus was armored females; I thought it would be interesting to compare her makeup choices to other martial women in the game; I don't really even remember many elf females; Florrick and Kagha come to mind though.

Florrick's black eyeshadow fits well with her outfit and her hair; in my opinion black eye makeup works well with most skin tones.
[Linked Image from images4.imagebam.com]

Kagha's green eyeshadow matches her green Druid outfit and her green eyes.

Patch 5 Minthara has brighter eyeshadow than these NPCs and every other NPC as far I know; her eyeshadow is so bright that it makes her white eyebrows less noticeable and it undermines her facial expressions in my opinion; I think it also lessens the intensity of her red eyes.
[Linked Image from s6.gifyu.com]
[Linked Image from s6.gifyu.com]

I think less eyeshadow or no eyeshadow might benefit her appearance; and maybe a darker color as well.

Last edited by Tara Grimface; 16/08/21 04:56 PM.
veteran
veteran
Yeah I think so, the Daisy name I mean. Ever since KillerRabbit made that tinfoil hat "bicycle built for two" thread. It must have been written down somewhere, perhaps in the mine? Just shorthand for the worm in our head.

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=763875

I think it makes sense, again like Total Recall, that our cosmetic inputs there might have some bearing on who we encounter later. Minthara has her own VO and head model and such that can't be accessed without mods I guess, but it still seems like an entertaining idea. Even if just for the makeup or the eye color, the haircut and such. Dotmats I think also raised the idea in that one BG3 video he made, that modern RPGs are really trying to just play off the real doll 'play as who you want to sleep with' sort of ideal, which is what gives these games all those familiar YA pitfalls. It would be interesting, since the tadpole thing is so baked in, to go all meta there. As like a running commentary on the typical player choices. They seemed to have a good laugh in their first EA newsletter, when they realized that everyone was just using the most bland model choices available, instead of like tieflings with horns and blue hair lol. They may have gotten an equally boring result for Daisy, if they were tracking it in their analytics. I don't even bother to change her face model anymore. I click the voice from 2 to 4, since the Scots accent sort of grates, and maybe click a different haircut just for flair, but otherwise Daisy is just the drow gal they throw at me, since the choices don't seem to affect anything other than one or two introspection cutscenes. It could at least be randomized, but they didn't go there with the custom PC character creator, so I guess why would I expect them to do it in the sub-character creator hehe. It would be cooler though if the choices there actually impacted who we ran into among the NPCs somehow, or how they ended up looking.

Florrick and Kagha are putting Minthara to shame with their eye makeup chops. Nobody is signing up to get their cosmetology degree from the Absolute's "School of Absolute Beauty" now. Not with Patch 5 Minthara on the cover of the brochure at any rate hehe

I can almost anticipate that in patch 6 Minthara will have a new VO line where she says something like "Beauty is only skin deep!" before trying to cut someone. Or "All in the eye of the beholder" but like with an actual Beholder's eye in her hand. It'll just turn into the running joke. Too far along now to stop that from happening.

ps. You can't even see Minthara's eyebrows in the top animation above, since the brow color matches her skintone almost exactly now. It looks like when the stylist asks the makeup artist to completely cover a model's eyebrows, so new brows can be drawn on with a pencil. Perhaps in a totally different shape, or with a more severe angle or whatever, but where we can still totally see the actual eyebrows under all the powder. It just seems wonky and over the top catwalk, especially for this character. Again, if it was Astarion doing it, I'm sure he gets a pass. But Minthara? It just doesn't fit.

pps. further digression, but evil path should be like MInthara says "perhaps someday, in Menzoberranzan..." with that stary-eyed whimsy look like maybe she's changed deep down, but then the PC just says "Or not" and straight mercs her for the black armor and the misty step amulet at the last moment? hehe. So cold!

I mean she could still come back later and be all pissed about it, especially that you jacked her duds, and "what about all we shared, and the absolute?" before trying to kill you a third time. But that would just be better. She should be designed to get dropped in Act 1 and have her black armor taken by the PC, regardless of the path. Same as Drizzt in BG1 to BG2 follow up. Better Evil.

Evil path works best as comedy I think, but where the villain is still playing it straight. Like Alan Rickman's Sherriff of Nottingham or Edwin from BG. Minthara cutthroat evil of the previous look kinda had that for me, mainly in the hair I guess. Rocker hair, like late 80s early 90s blow out had a certain vibe, but this one is like a whole different sort of Minthara now. I still think black armor could sell it though. Maybe she's born with it, maybe its black armor

3ps. SWTOR was mentioned earlier, and the analogous character there I think is Thana Vesh. Like a one dimensional B villain psycho who'd slip into the background otherwise, except for being redeemed by her badass black armor. A sense of style that made her memorable. Talk about eyeshadow lol. In that game they played it where SW Baroness balked at every advance, whereas here Minthara is the one doing the pouncing to an almost comical degree, but I think the comparison is kind of apt. Same thing going on, I'd suspect, where without the right look the character would just ring sort of hollow and become instantly forgettable. Might be giving Minthara too much credit in that comparison, since Thana Vesh had the whole "I can do anything better than you" tease, and was being constantly thwarted by her insufferable Darth Lord whoever. I don't remember his name. But she stood out. She got the name rec. Same way Minthara did here. Even as a one note, the armor should look badass.

Her patch 5 outfit is like what you force the PCs to dress in at lvl1, so they can be excited to immediately find something that looks way cooler, not how you dress a villain heheh. They should really put in some work there for Minthara's duds, cause the new duds combined with the new makeup and all the rest is just dragging her down, like from B villain to D.

Last edited by Black_Elk; 16/08/21 06:57 PM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Hachina
[quote=Tara Grimface]Let's take a look at Minthara in the sunlight.
Is it just an unflattering angle, or does it look like Minethara's head got popped on the male bodytype? I'm not talking (just) about reduced chesticle size, her shoulders seem broader, there's less of an hourglass figure? I agree it's more a makeup problem she has; it's a very, very strong and intense colour, and that's not helping her eyes 'pop'.

Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753
Is it just an unflattering angle, or does it look like Minethara's head got popped on the male bodytype? I'm not talking (just) about reduced chesticle size, her shoulders seem broader, there's less of an hourglass figure? I agree it's more a makeup problem she has; it's a very, very strong and intense colour, and that's not helping her eyes 'pop'.

Now that you mentioned it, it seems they used the male armor model on her patch 5. Which can happens since they are still working on models, and Patch 5 broke so many armor models.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Black_Elk
Florrick and Kagha are putting Minthara to shame with their eye makeup chops. Nobody is signing up to get their cosmetology degree from the Absolute's "School of Absolute Beauty" now. Not with Patch 5 Minthara on the cover of the brochure at any rate hehe

Sadly I think just about every female NPC has better taste in makeup than Minthara; she has the worst color contrast of all; just about all the other females have either black eyeshadow or none at all except Kagha who has green eyeshadow but it contrasts her skin pretty well her and matches her outfit.

Originally Posted by Black_Elk
ps. You can't even see Minthara's eyebrows in the top animation above, since the brow color matches her skintone almost exactly now. It looks like when the stylist asks the makeup artist to completely cover a model's eyebrows, so new brows can be drawn on with a pencil. Perhaps in a totally different shape, or with a more severe angle or whatever, but where we can still totally see the actual eyebrows under all the powder. It just seems wonky and over the top catwalk, especially for this character. Again, if it was Astarion doing it, I'm sure he gets a pass. But Minthara? It just doesn't fit.

It actually hurts my eyes when I try to concentrate on her eyebrows; I've done it several times it's very unpleasant.

journeyman
journeyman

Now that you mentioned it, it seems they used the male armor model on her patch 5. Which can happens since they are still working on models, and Patch 5 broke so many armor models.

Yikes it's true! I can see the difference; patch 5 is like the perfect storm for Minthara fans everything that could possibly go wrong has went wrong lol!

veteran
veteran
Wow! no wonder it looks so ill fitting and weirdly proportioned lol

Well then they should definitely revisit her outfit now, after that. Talk about a botch'd rollout for Minthara. Maybe it was meant to be a badass cool armor set and the tag just got misplaced. Lie to me, whatever, just make it better in the patch heheh

journeyman
journeyman
Let's examine this Ringmail armor.

[Linked Image from staticdelivery.nexusmods.com]

The space underneath the male armor's arm is wider and the female armor has a good deal less space to the point where the thread is on the sides of the shirt; the chest is also flatter on the male Ringmail.

Men's Ringmail

Women's Ringmail

That is stunning!; good find Some_Twerp753 and Avallonkao; absolutely amazing!

Originally Posted by KeinSklave
That is just a very bad design choice and if Larian is smart - they will not put THIS Minthara into any trailer during release!

I'm pretty sure they'll have to fix this!; most certainly.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ow wow. I am now convinced that this whole thing was a coding screw up…or a placeholder. No way did they give her a male body on purpose. Could be same for dreadful eye make up too.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by timebean
Ow wow. I am now convinced that this whole thing was a coding screw up…or a placeholder. No way did they give her a male body on purpose. Could be same for dreadful eye make up too.

Who knows? I feel very strange about all this; I really hope someone from Larian reads this thread.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by timebean
It's possible she is supposed to have a "cultist leader" armor and Larian doesn't want to spoil it yet. Considering they won't even let wizards have their robes. laugh

Someone has datamined several armors not implemented in the EA yet, and these include cultist robes.

journeyman
journeyman
Me and some fellow posters were examining the details of Minthara's design when one of them mentioned

and another poster said this

So I looked over my images and without any doubt their observations are correct and when I realized this; I knew I had to give my feedback to Larian and inform the community about this problem; which I'm sure many of us were hitherto unaware of. In this thread much like in the thread about Minthara's makeup; the plan is to compare and contrast pre patch 5 images and patch 5 images as well as any images of the Ringmail armor.

So let's take a look here at the Men's and Women's models for the Ringmail. Pay very close attention to the significant amount of space under the arms of the male model and the lack thereof in the female model; as well as the broadness of the male model in the torso area; the female model differs because the thread on the side of the Ringmail is nearly just below the arm and the chest
area is not completely flat chested; also the male model's kneecaps are steel colored and the female model's kneecaps are colored brown.
[Linked Image from staticdelivery.nexusmods.com]

So these below are two images that we looked at; pay close attention to the torso and the area under the arm.

Men's Ringmail
Women's Ringmail

Did you notice the male armor model before reading this post?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 17/08/21 12:26 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Last edited by Tara Grimface; 17/08/21 12:53 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Now a closeup picture of her underarm.

journeyman
journeyman
These images will provide a better view of her chest.

I know the Mod is going to ban me anyway but if I am not saying it no one gonna have the balls to :
Is minthara a Trans? Before patch 5 = female, after = male.

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Street Hero
I know the Mod is going to ban me anyway but if I am not saying it no one gonna have the balls to :

Hopefully it's just a mistake on Larian's part; but it really is a big oversight; I was surprised when we found this on the makeup thread; I never would have expected it; that said she does have a female body in the intimate romance scenes; which makes this more confusing; very odd.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Street Hero

and if they were?

Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard