Next Thread
Print Thread
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hey Everyone,

We’ve just rolled out a new hotfix for you!

This hotfix addresses the issue with NPCs running away from you after using the Wild Shape ability, certain NPC’s will no longer rise from the dead after specific dialogs and your game will no longer crash simply because you committed too many crimes.

Thank you for your support tickets, Reddit, Steam, Forum, Discord and social posts about these issues! Your feedback and bug reports are incredibly helpful to us and we value the time you take to play the game and let us know your thoughts.

Thanks for your support!

Changelist:

• Fixed a threading crash related to physics when loading a level.
  • Fixed a crash on loading a game where you've committed an egregious amount of crimes.
  • Fixed a crash related to textures when loading a level.
  • Fixed a crash when approaching the Owlbear Cave.
  • Fixed broken NPC behavior when saving while NPCs are reacting to your Wild Shape.
  • Fixed pickpocketing not showing the correct items available for "borrowing".
  • Fixed multiple clicks on the same target opening multiple pickpocket windows.
  • Fixed certain NPCs rising from the dead after specific dialogs.
  • Fixed fur on bear models.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Thank you

Any news as for the out of reach elements and ladders goofing widly?

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by Kryldost

These are known issues that are being investigated!

We do have some workarounds for the "can't reach" items - some items cannot be "reached" but can be shoved or thrown, to then be lootable.

And in the case of the lever in the basement of the Blighted Village, you can try using a ranged attack on the lever or if you only move the top crate nearby you should then be able to reach it.

Originally Posted by Jess Larian

These are known issues that are being investigated!

We do have some workarounds for the "can't reach" items - some items cannot be "reached" but can be shoved or thrown, to then be lootable.

And in the case of the lever in the basement of the Blighted Village, you can try using a ranged attack on the lever or if you only move the top crate nearby you should then be able to reach it.

For some reason the badger form is able to reach all of the "can't reach" items without needing to move them. Hope that helps! Thank you for keeping us updated.

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
For some reason the badger form is able to reach all of the "can't reach" items without needing to move them. Hope that helps! Thank you for keeping us updated.

Badgers continue to be the best, I see. Thanks for this info, very helpful!

addict
addict
I have Norton 360 on my PC and got a popup after patch 13 about bg3.exe not having a valid signature.
Not a big deal, just clicking "allow always" will do the trick, but just wanted to signal it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
About Druids and spooked NPCs:
Wonderfull, thankyou very much and you did it in allmost no time. LAst bit of Game will be so much less stressfull now smile
Alas I am allmost done with this Patch 5 playthrough.
Only Goblincamp left for this times playthrough in yet another/different order of events to keep things fresh.
'T was very hard to communicate with any npc there without using all tricks to have them stand still and not run away.
Best Method i found is going invisible for having Dialog with oyur Druid MC.

Last edited by TheHero; 06/08/21 08:20 AM.
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by ldo58
I have Norton 360 on my PC and got a popup after patch 13 about bg3.exe not having a valid signature.
Not a big deal, just clicking "allow always" will do the trick, but just wanted to signal it.

Thanks for letting us know! This will be fixed for future updates.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Now I'm curious if anyone knows if there is going to be any more patches released this month or if I should be able to do a run-through of the game again?

veteran
veteran
I mean, I wish I could be proved wrong, but I wouldn't really expect new patches for a while...

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Larian usualy starts teasing aproximately 2-3 weeks before releasing next patch, dont they?
So ... since there is nothing on their social media, i think you should easily be able to do another run-through.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
B
B
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
Now I'm curious if anyone knows if there is going to be any more patches released this month or if I should be able to do a run-through of the game again?
Swen mentioned that the next patch wouldn't be too far off but I wouldn't expect it in August. September at the earliest I'd say...I wonder if Larian has a tentative roadmap for the completion of the EA content, i.e. when they consider the early access content to be "final". Would that be only close to the actual release or several weeks/months prior and they use the remaining time to finalize/polish the remaining parts of the game? Does anyone here know how they handled this with DOS2 early access?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks for the replies. But now I don't know if it is from patch 5 or Hotfix #13 But I noticed that when you rescue Shadowheart on the Gith ship and after you go through to the helm when you escape If Shadowheart had died when you revive her on the beach it goes reverts to where she's banging on the Door of the burial thing and acts like you've never met her before. Anyone else run into this?

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
Thanks for the replies. But now I don't know if it is from patch 5 or Hotfix #13 But I noticed that when you rescue Shadowheart on the Gith ship and after you go through to the helm when you escape If Shadowheart had died when you revive her on the beach it goes reverts to where she's banging on the Door of the burial thing and acts like you've never met her before. Anyone else run into this?

I don't know about her, but if you mug Lae'zel, meaning join party and take her gear for yourself, then shove her over the edge of the ship, you can loot her corpse again where she lands. She is not wearing a second set of gith armor, but she has some bandit armor or something like that. Kind of funny.

In my opinion, Lae'zel's armor should be marked similarly to the artifact in shadowheart's inventory -- you shouldn't be able to equip it to anyone else because there's no way Lae'zel would ever take that armor off.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I haven't played since prior to patch 5 and re-downloaded this week. I ran into this same scenario with her, revived her and it teleported us to that door and her original scene started playing. She didn't even seem to notice I had stolen her artifact either while she was dead on the beach. I don't think it's a bug tbh, I just think it's something they'll be adding in the next fix.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Wildshape still not fixed tho. Got the bug today after killing all goblins. Came back to the druid camp, everyone was afraid of me. Tried to reload, tried to change shape, tried everything...
Edit : I found a savegame from before the fight where I turned into a spider, after reloading it, it worked! But I will never turn into something scary again until it's fixed, just in case... :p

Last edited by Mi0ka; 19/08/21 05:34 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard