Print Thread
#786276 10/08/21 12:35 PM
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Hey!

I was looking around the Internet and couldn't find anything about the issue that I have so I thought I'll write about it here. Maybe devs will see it.

Honestly, it is just annoying. I run around in-game, quick saving and saving manually, as one does. I finish my session for the day and come back to it the next day only to find out that all of my saves decided to move me back. Let's say I cleared the spiders' lair and decided to go to the swamp next, camp there because my party is almost dying and finish playing for the day. When I open the game the next day my most recent save file will be placed BEFORE I entered the spiders' lair.
When it first happen to me I started to make three separate saves on top of my quick saves but that didn't help.

While I was examining my existing save files I realised that they all have the wrong date. The time is correct but it always showed the previous date.

I already wrote to Larian's support but to be honest I was just curious if anyone else has that problem? When it happened for the first time it didn't really bother me much but after making a lot of progress in the story and then coming back to the game telling me that it all never happened, it started to be quite frustrating.

Oh, and this all started after Hotfix #13.

EDIT: Funny thing. I've just passed 180h on stem and when I closed the game the time changed to 175.5h.

Last edited by LightSaviour; 10/08/21 07:46 PM.
Sounds like something going on with the files themselves or something getting confused trying to sync them. Do you have a program like OneDrive attempting to back up the files in your My Documents folder? I remember other people having an issue regarding that.

What I would do is load the game up again, drop a hard save. Then exit out and cut and paste all other saves and auto saves to a backup folder. Then launch the game from the one save, play as normal, and see if your future saves work after that. I'd also disable any steam cloud sync, larian sync, or one drive syncing to test if that's an issue too.

Last edited by AvatarOfSHODAN; 10/08/21 02:27 PM.
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Originally Posted by AvatarOfSHODAN
Sounds like something going on with the files themselves or something getting confused trying to sync them. Do you have a program like OneDrive attempting to back up the files in your My Documents folder? I remember other people having an issue regarding that.

What I would do is load the game up again, drop a hard save. Then exit out and cut and paste all other saves and auto saves to a backup folder. Then launch the game from the one save, play as normal, and see if your future saves work after that. I'd also disable any steam cloud sync, larian sync, or one drive syncing to test if that's an issue too.

I don't back my files to OneDrive or any other drive like that, everything is on my computer and steam cloud (as to Larian sync, I am not sure if it's on so I'll make sure to check)

As to what you suggested, I think I'll try it and we'll see. I also thought about clearing everything including character profiles and then trying to make a brand new character to test if it works.

Link Copied to Clipboard