addict
addict
There have been some rumors for FNV 2.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
Speaking of which:

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1428767638205784068

Aside for the fact that Sawyer is apparently playing Kingmaker for the first time, the news to me is that he's working on a title that isn't either TOW 2 or Avowed.
This has been known for a while. Obsidian was said to be working on 6 projects last year, and Sawyer was not attached to any project already announced.

Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
Do you have sources? This would be great, though I'd prefer a new Fallout by the NV team on another setting.

Last edited by Danielbda; 20/08/21 09:01 PM.
veteran
veteran
Speaking of which:

Aside for the fact that Sawyer is apparently playing Kingmaker for the first time, the news to me is that he's working on a title that isn't either TOW 2 or Avowed.
Non violent small project, I believe. Maybe, finally, he got to make his bike simulator? laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Originally Posted by kanisatha
"Bombed so hard" is a blatant exaggeration unsupported by the facts.

We were both there at launch and we saw what happened. It caught up eventually but that was after years worth of intense word of mouth and a ton of sales. Publishers weigh launch numbers far higher than long term sales anyway. In the eyes of Obsidian, the launch was enough of a dud by their standards to later openly admit that it sold way under expectations and that they weren't planning on a sequel for a while. It's kinda unambiguous if even the developer is openly admitting that.

Maybe 'bombed so hard' is a bit strong of a descriptor. But everyone knew the launch performance wasn't up to par regardless.

Avowed veering straight into first person RPG with no hint of a PoE3 in sight is rather telling as well. Though it's likely that they planned on Avowed for a while, PoE2's earlier performance most likely meant that they wouldn't be able to complete the project without additional funding from Microsoft.
Sure, it underperformed. Maybe just that words like "bombed so hard" comes across very differently to me than you. smile

Also for sure work on Avowed began before PoE2's release.

Originally Posted by Abits
Fucking first person again.
I wouldn't be too hasty on this. I'm still quite optimistic (based on comments they themselves have made) they will do what Skyrim did and provide a third-person option for Avowed.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Danielbda
Speaking of which:

This has been known for a while. Obsidian was said to be working on 6 projects last year, and Sawyer was not attached to any project already announced.

Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
Do you have sources? This would be great, though I'd prefer a new Fallout by the NV team on another setting.
@Wormerine beat me to it, but yeah it's been long known JES has wanted to make a no-combat historical RPG. His unannounced project (Project Missouri) team is very small at present, numbering only about 10 people. But keep in mind he is also Game Design Director for Obsidian, so he is the guy in overall charge of ALL Obsidian games in a supervisory way.

As for F:NV2, those rumors have been around for a while, and have naturally intensified since the MS takeover. But there are no concrete facts at all thus far. Obsidian's current projects are: Avowed, TOW2, Grounded, Sawyer's small project, and two other small teams still working on TOW1 and the Pathfinder card game. Those are the six projects: two big, one medium, and three small teams.

There are negatives and positives to WOTR, Solasta and BG3. Peoples perspectives are going to vary based on personal preferences.

WOTR
Pros
- Party of 6.
- 3.75 System More Verstility than 5E
- Good/Evil Choices In general feel more relivent to the game itself.
- Mounts
- RTwp Option for those that want it. (Don't care myself)
- Larger Equipment Options
- Random Encounters

Cons
- 3.75 System can be difficult on begginers / Lacks Balance of 5e.
- Mythic Levels and extra add-ons can feel make you feel like your getting over powered.
- Difficulty late game can feel very choice limiting at higher difficulty levels.

Solasta
Pros
- Character Creation Screen has far more initial options
- Sticks to all the 5e rules.
- Full party interaction.
- Stat rolling option.

Cons
- Limit of 7 classes from 5e.
- Party doesnt really give you the individual feel of each character mattering as much it feels less story driven with lack of companions.
- Not core with races.

BG3
Pros
- Higher system graphics makes the game look more asthetic.
- Combat does seem to be more fluid in current state.
- Immersive dialogue options.
- Target to Include all core options.
- Multi-Player Feature.

Cons
- Lack of ability to diversify the appearance of your character//Initial character design in general is super limiting.
- Choices feel non-Impactful
- A lot of homebrew rules.
- No Random Encounter Options.

Im sure there are more things could go on there but those are the more stand out things.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by acatlas
There are negatives and positives to WOTR, Solasta and BG3. Peoples perspectives are going to vary based on personal preferences.

WOTR
Pros
- Party of 6.
- 3.75 System More Verstility than 5E
- Good/Evil Choices In general feel more relivent to the game itself.
- Mounts
- RTwp Option for those that want it. (Don't care myself)
- Larger Equipment Options
- Random Encounters

Cons
- 3.75 System can be difficult on begginers / Lacks Balance of 5e.
- Mythic Levels and extra add-ons can feel make you feel like your getting over powered.
- Difficulty late game can feel very choice limiting at higher difficulty levels.

Solasta
Pros
- Character Creation Screen has far more initial options
- Sticks to all the 5e rules.
- Full party interaction.
- Stat rolling option.

Cons
- Limit of 7 classes from 5e.
- Party doesnt really give you the individual feel of each character mattering as much it feels less story driven with lack of companions.
- Not core with races.

BG3
Pros
- Higher system graphics makes the game look more asthetic.
- Combat does seem to be more fluid in current state.
- Immersive dialogue options.
- Target to Include all core options.
- Multi-Player Feature.

Cons
- Lack of ability to diversify the appearance of your character//Initial character design in general is super limiting.
- Choices feel non-Impactful
- A lot of homebrew rules.
- No Random Encounter Options.

Im sure there are more things could go on there but those are the more stand out things.

I would add to WOTR pros:

Lots of playable companions.
A night/day system + weather
Great UI
Super portraits
Part of 3.75 system but still: TONS of classes/kits options.

WOTR cons:
Not of fan of the color palette, better than Kingmaker but still a bit too cartoony.

add to BG3 Pros:
Really like the spell icons; This is probably the ONLY thing that reminds of BG2??

add to BG3 cons:
CRAP console like UI with stupid chain mechanic.
Cinematic dialogues for EVERYTHING slows the game to a crawl.
AGAIN, feels a bit too cartoony/vibrant! Whats with RPGs being like this these days?? Give me rated R dark and gritty!!!! Diablo 2 remake is finally a game thats getting there!? Maybe?!

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 21/08/21 04:21 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
And only about 2 weeks to wait!

old hand
old hand
The great news is that this should make the wait for the next BG3 patch a lot more bearable. Or 3, considering how long these games are, ha.

Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
I would add to WOTR pros:

Lots of playable companions.
A night/day system + weather
Great UI
Super portraits
Part of 3.75 system but still: TONS of classes/kits options.

WOTR cons:
Not of fan of the color palette, better than Kingmaker but still a bit too cartoony.

add to BG3 Pros:
Really like the spell icons; This is probably the ONLY thing that reminds of BG2??

add to BG3 cons:
CRAP console like UI with stupid chain mechanic.
Cinematic dialogues for EVERYTHING slows the game to a crawl.
AGAIN, feels a bit too cartoony/vibrant! Whats with RPGs being like this these days?? Give me rated R dark and gritty!!!! Diablo 2 remake is finally a game thats getting there!? Maybe?!

Honestly the BG 3 character creaction process in general lacks alot. I dont mind the in game UI as much though sometimes it feels a little clunky. WOTR does need a larger color pallet. I'm not a fan of the portraits however overall In case of bg 3 I do like that it adapts the character portrait to match your character. Where in some cases pathfinders portrait system is far off the actual base.

I left companions off the table because currently BG3 is a long way off completion so there is room for them to add more which I think is very important but right now WOTR does kick the shit out of it companion wise. Day and night could be impactful but I feel timing it around encounters is kind of better in some ways. The current reset system also impacts that heavily the food and camping system i think is currently a detriment to BG3. It actually was enough to discourage me grinding another playthrough for the small amount of added content this patch. Patch 4 was not as enjoyable as the first time playing as well despite the druid I felt there was more that could have been done if it wasn't for the druid I do not think I would have bothered with an extra 2 playthroughs in patch 4. Second one actually kinda ended with a non-full complete because I just felt like there was not enough difference in the playthrough to make it worth it.

Alot of the good / evil choices feel like they do not matter enough to be worth multiple playthroughs for what you lose of gain. I think random encounters could help that a lot with the game and be a much better option than food. To have say a 20% chance everytime you go to rest you could end up with an unexpected random encounter. It would add more variation to loot more options for difficulty as you could restrict it to level appropriate encounters or increase the difficulty of the potential random encounters risk / reward. It creates some interesting ways to make each playthrough feel different and less static with loot and items. It makes you think more about burning through all your abilities on encounters as you could get caught with your pants down and it doesn't make things feel like a chore in comparison to making sure you have enough food to repeatedly abuse resting which instead turns things into a farming chore (Unwanted things people do not like from mmo's). At least an encounter feels interesting its a risk/reward circumstance. Some encounters could be much more rare and if you burned all your abilities your going to hate the fact you got on of those encounters and might not be able to finish it cause you did not rest correctly meaning even save scumming may not necessarily be what you want to do in those cases. They could also make some areas more risk of encounters than others impacting the risk and reward even more so to pay attention to your abilities much like adventurers in a dungeon you can always leave if you dont want to finish it in one go and rest / recover unless there is a time constraint on it.

Trying to be somewhat lenient with bg 3 negatives due to it being a long way off release but it feels like they are lagging behind addressing issues I have yet to see much mention of at all on the forums if you look at the major topic threads. There is alot of stuff that has been brought up much much more than some of the small fixes. Removing flat backstab abuse + not adding flanking mechanics -. Flanking has a large impact on rogue party power. It makes having a more melee focused party better so taking it away is a detriment to melee. Which not a fan of as a person who does play melee much more than ranged characters in parties and its often overlooked as a lot of people do prefer spell casters melee characters do tend to get shafted quite a bit in a lot of games. 5E and live play dnd is one of the few games that usually doesnt feel that way as if your a caster and most melee characters ever get ahold of you you can pretty much assume your going to half die from a single round of attacks you are going to be using those spells to protect yourself heavily with hit and run tactics.

veteran
veteran
I honestly think that if WotR will be relatively bug free, there is almost nothing else that could stop this game from being much much better than Bg3. The only advantage Bg3 has is that it's still in development, and hopefully it might get some improvements that will make the competition more balanced. And of course full Bg3 is probably still pretty far off

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
apprentice
apprentice
I actually did not enjoy how the mythic powers is integrated into the main story of WotR
it felt like as if I am watching an anime (cheap basically)

-Might be a spoiler so don't continue reading -

when there is no hope of survival and out the sudden a mysterious power comes to aid the party (not just the mc) lol
mechanical-wise they sound great
but story-wise
I am not happy with it

Last edited by Human; 21/08/21 11:03 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Human
I actually did not enjoy how the mythic powers is integrated into the main story of WotR

when there is no hope of survival and out the sudden a mysterious power comes to aid the party (not just the mc) lol
but story-wise
I am not happy with it

Based on your comment I'm not sure if you played it or not.
Anyway there are two things to be said about it - hero getting superpowers is something RPGs have since at least Baldur's Gate. It's all about execution.
If we talk about WotR specifically, I would say some paths are weaker than others story wise but it's to be expected that not everything would be perfect with a game of that scale made by such a small company.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
apprentice
apprentice
I have played the second beta and stopped at chapter 3 I think
given your comment about me not being sure if I played it or not, I hope I am wrong and it is just me not paying close attention to the story since it is beta and all and I was more into finding bugs rather than enjoying the game

A
addict
addict
A

but story-wise
I am not happy with it

everyone has a different opinion and i respect that.

for me personally, WoTR was truly heroic and glorious. i first played the Angel mythic path. and i salute owlcat for their musical score. it connects on having the feeling of righteous in it. basically WoTR is based on the Pathfinder Adventure Path. so i believe they are staying true to the original storyline from Paizo.

i completed WoTR EA and basically i'm not going to spoil it. I find the story quite interesting personally.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Archaven

for me personally, WoTR was truly heroic and glorious. i first played the Angel mythic path. and i salute owlcat for their musical score. it connects on having the feeling of righteous in it. basically WoTR is based on the Pathfinder Adventure Path. so i believe they are staying true to the original storyline from Paizo.

i completed WoTR EA and basically i'm not going to spoil it. I find the story quite interesting personally.

I have really enjoyed what I have played from the beta and hearing all the positive comments here give me more hope for the full release

I am worried about the bugs that have started floating from the third beta
the only thing that I see that will hold back the success of this game is how baggy will it be once it releases.

I agree. I wasn't around the PFKM release But I read that it was filled with bugs and almost unplayable. Even to this day I still got bugs, some that even breaks immersion like the ending if you marry the Tieflings twins. I hope for WOTR to be able to release without any problems, I played the beta a little, but I wanted to wait for full release since it's so close.

As for the graphics, they released recent dev progress where it seems they are upgrading/remaking the graphics and it's looking really good.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
I only wanted to correct a few things...
This is for adults only talk. Please do no read if you are sensitive:

The mod in Skyrim does not give as you describe "titty modes" sounds like half naked to me it does give 100% full nudity for women only. Now what I found even me a sligthly odd was the feeling when the NPC:s still did their same AI routine tasks regardless.

This man is out here digging. Someone stop him. Holy shit.

veteran
veteran
I have played the second beta and stopped at chapter 3 I think
given your comment about me not being sure if I played it or not, I hope I am wrong and it is just me not paying close attention to the story since it is beta and all and I was more into finding bugs rather than enjoying the game
I see where you coming from. And undoubtedly the first two act's story is not a masterpiece of writing. The story does get a more nuanced later on, but even then it does depends on your choices and could be a little too on the nose. I think the problem is the fact that this game is based on some buffinder adventure that didn't have as good a writing as owlcat's original stuff. But they did the best with what they had and the story does pick up later. Moreover, the pacing at the very least is much better than it was in Kingmaker.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Archaven

I have really enjoyed what I have played from the beta and hearing all the positive comments here give me more hope for the full release

I am worried about the bugs that have started floating from the third beta
the only thing that I see that will hold back the success of this game is how baggy will it be once it releases.

I'm afraid i have to agree with you on this. Through out beta and beta2 i do have genuinely experienced some game breaking bugs and some annoying ones. As we are nearing September, i was thinking if i should hold till the game full release. I'm not sure if they will wipe the save games or not so it's a little risky for me to start my trickster playthrough.

Page 16 of 105 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 104 105

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard