Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 105 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 104 105
addict
addict
Originally Posted by _Vic_
IF you are comparing any videogame in existence with the SCS mod, it´s going to lose always. Period. =D Videogame devs rarely put that much time on the enemy´s IA. I hope any modder make one for bg3 or Wotr.

Man, I love that mod.

Aaah good old SCS mod. A must to play BG2! The AI components takes 30 minutes to install lol. I like the recent versions since you can customize stuff to your liking (in game).

I would think developing a game 100% turn base AI would be a lot easier than 100% RtWp AI...In any case WoTr has both...making things very convoluted??

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 10/09/21 10:45 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Huh. Pretty hefty patch just now. Still quite a lot of bugs to address, but the most critical gamebreaking ones appear to have been stamped down.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/2984186817505058694

But for real, next game really should just use an early access model instead of kickstarter. There were probably a lot of subclasses that never got properly tested in beta due to overall lack of player interest among the more hardcore segment of the community that would have paid enough to get into the beta.

Looks like they managed to push the fix for the x% crashes earlier than anticipated - here's hoping my own crashing issues when attempting to start the Drezen siege are fixed now!

Edit: It worked!!! I now have a save right at the start of Drezen to pick up from when I've the time to again. Bless Owlcat, they really do try to deliver.

Last edited by MarbleNest; 10/09/21 02:56 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by MarbleNest
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Huh. Pretty hefty patch just now. Still quite a lot of bugs to address, but the most critical gamebreaking ones appear to have been stamped down.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/2984186817505058694

But for real, next game really should just use an early access model instead of kickstarter. There were probably a lot of subclasses that never got properly tested in beta due to overall lack of player interest among the more hardcore segment of the community that would have paid enough to get into the beta.

Looks like they managed to push the fix for the x% crashes earlier than anticipated - here's hoping my own crashing issues when attempting to start the Drezen siege are fixed now!

Edit: It worked!!! I now have a save right at the start of Drezen to pick up from when I've the time to again. Bless Owlcat, they really do try to deliver.
Great to hear all of this! It is what I expected given how dedicated they were to fixing Kingmaker's problems very fast. FYI, in the first few weeks after Kingmaker's release, when they were still only about 15 people in size, they were voluntarily pulling 18 hour days to release the fixes. They truly do care.

And @Saito, fully agree. Hopefully they make enough money on WotR that there will be no more KS for the third game (which I am quite sure is upcoming). getting feedback from EA players is definitely better than using beta testers, so EA is the way to go (but where EA is limited and not unlimited time).

@MarbleNest, I also agree very strongly about supporting small indie devs making cRPGs and cutting them a lot of slack. Since I play almost exclusively cRPGs (plus the rare ARPG or strategic game), I want these devs to succeed and keep making new games so I'll have games to play through the rest of my life. That's why even though I only have an interest in one of the three announced DLCs for WotR, I will be spending that $29 on the season pass just as a way of giving Owlcat some extra money to help them along on that journey to no crowd-funding for their next game.

veteran
veteran
Owlcat sometimes has that eurojank vibe, but they work super hard to fix any bugs in their games

veteran
veteran
Btw, those of you grappling with bugs in the game, you do know about ALT+B in-game for immediately and directly reporting bugs, right?

A
addict
addict
A
So now due to a bug I won't be able to recruit Regill. Nothing in the area where you're supposed to meet him loads. Party is standing in total darkness and cannot move anywhere, since there is no ground to click on. laugh

D
addict
Online Content
addict
D
Originally Posted by ash elemental
So now due to a bug I won't be able to recruit Regill. Nothing in the area where you're supposed to meet him loads. Party is standing in total darkness and cannot move anywhere, since there is no ground to click on. laugh

I forget whether this setting has a purgatory, but if it does it seems that you have discovered it.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Btw, those of you grappling with bugs in the game, you do know about ALT+B in-game for immediately and directly reporting bugs, right?
It also can sometimes help you get out of being stuck because it creates a save so if you're stuck you can report and then load the save that was created and sometimes it will allow you to progress

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
old hand
old hand
I am just so baffled at the bad "evil" writing... it's like... did they even try? At all?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
I am just so baffled at the bad "evil" writing... it's like... did they even try? At all?
Oh boy is it still like in Kingmaker? "Evil" = 90% [Attack] We've just met but Imma kill you now just cuz lulz + 10% decent choices, and you'd just miss out on truck ton of content AND XP.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by dwig
Originally Posted by ash elemental

I forget whether this setting has a purgatory, but if it does it seems that you have discovered it.
The best part was that the enemies still spawned and since they were "clickable" the party could fight them. After the battle their bodies were floating next to the party in the nothingness that was this area.

Funny enough I've managed to find the exit point! It was just difficult to spot, because it didn't show on the map; had to scroll all way through the darkness to find the little door icon.

old hand
old hand
One should try both games. It is personal preference in the end.

I was not that far in WotR but I never faced noticable bugs, so I cannot complain.

Where WotR is clearly better than BG 3 for me are parts of immersion. I don't like being able to send items to the camp from anywhere in BG 3, for example. I'm not a DnD guy and don't know wether the postal service of Faerun is generally that good, but I doubt it. My biggest gripe with BG 3 is the "carry situation". If I have a group of travelling heroes and heroines, I want to see some travelling stuff, for example to store the neccescary toilet paper and other camp items. From the free floating weapons without sheaths to the missing backpacks, here is BG3 so much worse than WotR, unbelievable. Shields in BG 3 seem to be foldable and be put in the pants pocket. It's sad.

For most of the rest however, I prefer BG 3. I like the graphics and the style better than the cartoonish WotR. The stories and the participants in both games are seemingly RPG game standard, so superficial and bland. I don't expect more. If you want a good story with believable characters, read a history book. The story of BG 3 is a bit more mysterious, ok, and, important, I like the companions in BG 3 much more than the overdone specimen of WotR. Voice acting is an asset in BG 3 and a kind of burden and hindrance in WotR. Combat in WotR for my taste is boring or annoying, or boring and annoying. Combat in BG 3 can and should be improved, but I like it much more already in the current state.

As conclusion, I prefer to play BG 3 EA further than to progress in WotR.

Last edited by geala; 11/09/21 07:26 AM.
veteran
veteran
One thing I like is that you are able to level up and customize your pets.

Since I didnt have a griffin I just made those

[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]

Originally Posted by Try2Handing
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
Oh boy is it still like in Kingmaker? "Evil" = 90% [Attack] We've just met but Imma kill you now just cuz lulz + 10% decent choices, and you'd just miss out on truck ton of content AND XP.

You have some psichokiller hobo options for people that like that -I attack you because -evil- (Yes, there are people that like that and many asked that option in the beta since you cannot simply attack anyone you want like in skyrim ¿?; The devs included that option via dialogues) that you can choose or not and another type of options, from manipulative evil to narcissistic evil to cruel evil, there is also a mythic path for lawful evilness or you can join the
hellknights of the godclaw order.

Alternatively, you can also roleplay a good lich or a demon monk, they removed the alignment restrictions after the beta, By popular request

Last edited by _Vic_; 11/09/21 07:50 AM.
addict
addict
Finally made it to Act 5, and ho boy the bugs are coming in quick now. However WoTR is pretty much the best cRPG to ever come out of Kickstarter and up their as one of the best ever made, even with the bugs, janky stuff and unfinished crap. And so once all that gets smoothed out I can well see it being added to the "canon" of greatest cRPGs ever made.

addict
addict
Already 4 patchs/updates since release. 10mb, 622mb, 1.5gb, and 7mb.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 11/09/21 01:58 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
I think what the OP is saying is that he wants a game that reflects his values. Everything exists, but it's up to a writer to include it in his work. Devout Christians, conservatives, etc. exist, but some of the woke wouldn't want games to be constantly inserting them in games and portraying them positively in order to teach the woke how they should accept them.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Just remember, if you win a fight on Facebook or the Larian forums we can have equality for everyone. Of course if you lose the 14th amendment gets repealed. So, downsides...

Doesn't anyone else think its odd that the concept of and hatred of 'wokeness' came from social media? Its almost like social media is there to create conflict so they can sell stuff to people. But that can't be.../s

Wokeness is a point of view. Anti-wokeness is another point of view. Differences in point of view occur when people have different opinions. People with the same point of view tend to hang out with each other. Some use technology to communicate with each other.

Last edited by Culter Caldus; 11/09/21 03:52 PM.
veteran
veteran
It's funny, i re-read the OP just now and man, I'm so glad we were able to steer this away from such a silly original post lol. Well done people.

U
stranger
stranger
U
I have about 30 hours into WoTR and it's absolutely fantastic. If BG 3 is half as good they will have a hit. Eventually.

U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by Culter Caldus
Just remember, if you win a fight on Facebook or the Larian forums we can have equality for everyone. Of course if you lose the 14th amendment gets repealed. So, downsides...

Doesn't anyone else think its odd that the concept of and hatred of 'wokeness' came from social media? Its almost like social media is there to create conflict so they can sell stuff to people. But that can't be.../s

Wokeness is a point of view. Anti-wokeness is another point of view. Differences in point of view occur when people have different opinions. People with the same point of view tend to hang out with each other. Some use technology to communicate with each other.

I find it both hilarious and pathetic that some seem to think calling someone or something 'woke' is an insult.

Page 38 of 105 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 104 105

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard