Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 41 of 105 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 104 105
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Topgoon
PSA for Fellow WoTR Players: DO NOT use the respec function:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/pnzyzj/avoid_respecs_until_the_next_patch/

Crusaders! An important announcement: We are now working on an issue that turned out to be really serious and the fix deeply affected the internal structure of the game. Please note that if you saved after using respec in Act II or further, your saved game may remain corrupted, potentially blocking your playthrough. Mythic Demon and Lich are the most affected by this problem. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused, and strongly recommend to revert back to a save made before respeccing. Please stay away of the respec function up until the next patch. The problem will be gone then.

A bit of clarification on this:

The issue is that respec bug was affecting the mechanics so deeply, that we were not able to guarantee that your game will manage to repair itself even after the fix is deployed. I.e. things may be so broken in a given playthrough after respec, that even a fix won't help it. Highest chance to bump into this is with demon and lich mythics, other mythics have a chance to be affected, but it's considerably lower.

It does not necessarily mean your game won't work or that it will suddenly stop working after the patch - it simply means that if it was already broken, there's a chance it will remain such. Thus we recommend to revert back to an old save if possible.

Patch itself is about to come really shortly. Issue is fixed there and respeccing after patch is no longer dangerous.

Apparently it's the Demon and LIch campaign's that are most affected. Owlcat hasn't been clear on how to determine if your save game has issues. I'm personally losing about 7-8 hours of gameplay if I have to back (having respecced on Sunday), though I'm playing an Angel so I might just risk it. Make sure you do not respec for now.
Too late. God damn it.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
veteran
veteran
phew, i'm glad I didn't respec past the tavern in act 1. I think I would probably just stop playing for a long time if I lost my current save. 46 hours lost instantly? Yah, no thanks on that one. I have to say, I LOVE a lot about this game, but good lord Owlcat, you better not start releasing a bunch of paid dlc until this game is PERFECT. A full expansion for free would be in order for how many people have supported this, especially with how many bugs there are.

journeyman
journeyman
Dammit I used the respecc function. Andddd, now I'm sad.

Sidenote, does anyone in the game comment if you full on change gender and species through the game? I found that option kind of funny.

“But his mind saw nothing of all this. His mind was engaged in a warfare of the gods. His mind paced outwards over no-man's-land, over the fields of the slain, paced to the rhythm of the blood's red bugles. To be alone and evil! To be a god at bay. What was more absolute?”
D
addict
addict
D
Originally Posted by Topgoon
Apparently it's the Demon and LIch campaign's that are most affected. Owlcat hasn't been clear on how to determine if your save game has issues. I'm personally losing about 7-8 hours of gameplay if I have to back (having respecced on Sunday), though I'm playing an Angel so I might just risk it. Make sure you do not respec for now.

For once my horrid case of restartitis works in my favor!

veteran
veteran
[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

Man, I know a guy who was playing Last Azlanti mode (no saves) They really like to spice up our playthroughs.

Last edited by _Vic_; 15/09/21 05:18 AM.
old hand
old hand
Huh, the party members actually acknowledge the player character's birthday. Even something as innocuous as this reveals a lot of depth on the context of everything else they say.

Details! \o/

https://old.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/poa82e/companions_on_the_commanders_birthday/

(The Kingmaker companions didn't, but there was a kingdom event every in-game year when the player character's birthday rolled around.)

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 15/09/21 11:08 AM.
veteran
veteran
Actually, Saito, if you camped on a map (using the camping supplies that started the little cutscene) in Kingmaker, and it was your PC's birthday, one of the companions would have a unique line for you during the camp dialogue. I thought it was really cute. I took the day off to go camping with Linzi specifically for it ^.^

veteran
veteran
Progressing on my playthrough and having a love/hate relationship (but mostly love) with the game so far.
On one hand like in Kingmaker they really nailed the sense of being in for a long-term, "epic scaled" journey and some of the systems are really interesting.

On the other hand it's not rare to find the moment-to-moment balance an absolute slog. The "Crusade mode" in particular takes a bit to kick in in a somewhat bearable form and for many hours it remains just an an annoying cockblocker.
There are times where it doesn't even feel like "balance is a bit iffy" but as if they didn't playtested the system once.
"Jesus Christ, what were they thinking with this crap?" tends to be the reaction.

Oh, and going for an Azata Mythic path I'm surprised at how many unique interactions tailored around it I'm crossing. I can only imagine the same being true for several other ones.

P.S. So glad to have always been a "respec-averse" player, generally speaking, because it's surely paying off right now...

Last edited by Tuco; 15/09/21 11:40 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Progressing on my playthrough and having a love/hate relationship (but mostly love) with the game so far.
On one hand like in Kingmaker they really nailed the sense of being in for a long-term, "epic scaled" journey and some of the systems are really interesting.

On the other hand it's not rare to find the moment-to-moment balance an absolute slog. The "Crusade mode" in particular takes a bit to kick in in a somewhat bearable form and for many hours it remains just an an annoying cockblocker.
There are times where it doesn't even feel like "balance is a bit iffy" but as if they didn't playtested the system once.
"Jesus Christ, what were they thinking with this crap?" tends to be the reaction.

Oh, and going for an Azata Mythic path I'm surprised at how many unique interactions tailored around it I'm crossing. I can only imagine the same being true for several other ones.

P.S. So glad to have always been a "respec-averse" player, generally speaking, because it's surely paying off right now...
Unique interactions is a big big selling point of this game.
Also, "annoying cockblocker" is the best definition of the crusader system I have ever seen

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
old hand
old hand
I've been replaying the ending portion of Kingmaker, where you get to create custom characters for free. I've managed to create some pretty bonker builds, and this may be hard to believe but I actually managed to have some fun during this portion. I've been thinking I may need to respec some of the companions in WotR into one of these builds, when I finally continue my WotR playthrough. And then news about how respeccing would break your game came out.

Though, reading their patch notes I'm surprised that they're having so many bugs with mechanics that already exist in the first game. Not just similar mechanics, but exactly the same thing, like the one with Magus' Spellstrike not working.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
veteran
veteran
On an unrelated side note, the other day while playing WoTR and doing a "pressure plates puzzle" (where you need to position characters in a specific way) I instinctively tried to drag a portrait away from the party and I realized that Larian tainted my innocent soul forever with their hideous chain/unchain system.

Last edited by Tuco; 15/09/21 12:37 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
A
addict
addict
A
Respeccing companions should be fine. According to to the person from owlcat who was posting on the reddit thread, it was only respeccing the main character that caused the game to become corrupted.

journeyman
journeyman
Hmm, not sure if my game will be okay anymore then, as I respecc'd my main to better balance out with Ember (since we're both witches - would rather cover the other's lack of ability than both be the same just with a different witch flavor).

Of course, I've been mulling over simply restarting anyway. I fudged some RP and I'm no longer certain if I want to go with the Aeon path or Azata, plus I still don't like the idea of possibly locking myself out of Mythic path quest stuff due to putting Crusade Mode on auto (as much as I honestly dislike it as a whole). And if they've managed to fix the x% crashes in most places, I'd like to actually do Gwerm's mansion if only for the monetary reward.

So I suppose in the end maybe this is the excuse I need to restart haha.

A
addict
addict
A
Apparently there is another gamebreaking bug introduced by last patch, which causes a plot-critical character in act IV to disappear from the game.

veteran
veteran
On an unrelated side note, the other day while playing WoTR and doing a "pressure plates puzzle" (where you need to position characters in a specific way) I instinctively tried to drag a portrait away from the party and I realized that Larian tainted my innocent soul forever with their hideous chain/unchain system.
laugh

Maybe you secretly love it!

D
addict
addict
D

Its amazing how much easier that is with a control scheme that isn't outrageously stupid.

old hand
old hand

Aivu essentially has full party member status, which is surprising for someone that only exists in one of the paths. She gets as much banter as the rest of the party.

There's one point late in chapter 3 (or potentially early if you're Azata since they get the ability to tackle that dungeon far earlier than the other mythic paths) where you get a brief look into the desires of each of the party members in the active party. Aivu comments on the majority of them as far as I've been able to tell (the only one she doesn't as far as I remember is Arueshalae's sequence), and several party members actually respond back to her.

journeyman
journeyman
Question for people much farther along... how good would you say Ember's character arc is? Her writing tends to touch on a lot of personal pet peeves and I'm considering just not picking her up as a companion. Do they steer her away from the pure, child-like woman trope? Or elaborate on it in a way that feels fresh and new? Because so far I haven't been impressed.

Last edited by MyriadHappenings; 16/09/21 08:09 PM.

“But his mind saw nothing of all this. His mind was engaged in a warfare of the gods. His mind paced outwards over no-man's-land, over the fields of the slain, paced to the rhythm of the blood's red bugles. To be alone and evil! To be a god at bay. What was more absolute?”
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by MyriadHappenings
Question for people much farther along... how good would you say Ember's character arc is? Her writing tends to touch on a lot of personal pet peeves and I'm considering just not picking her up as a companion. Do they steer her away from the pure, child-like woman trope? Or elaborate on it in a way that feels fresh and new? Because so far I haven't been impressed.

she goes so far in the same direction she's going that you'll be shaking your head. I didn't mind it, but it was silly.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by MyriadHappenings

Her behavior remains most of the same, but her reasoning behind it is something you generally have to unpack on your own. She's classified as an atheist for a reason. Her major loading screen quote essentially says something along the lines of how the gods cannot help you, only you yourself can.

Also... (Endgame spoilers related to player choices during her character arc resulting in significant reactivity)

All that stuff about discouraging her has a conclusion from what I hear. People have reported that by endgame, if you shut down her attempts to instill hope in people at every opportunity, she essentially becomes shattered. Enough to have her combat voice lines changed in a way that's described as someone crying without any hope in the future, and may be seeking to deliver people from their suffering.

Page 41 of 105 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 104 105

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard