Next Thread
Print Thread
#787222 14/08/21 08:53 PM
T
addict
OP Offline
addict
T
Jump down to a lower level shouldn't do damage if it's a jump you could make from below to up. IE, if you're superjumping with the Jump spell I hate to take damage jumping down a small incline.

Thrythlind #787228 14/08/21 10:08 PM
veteran
veteran
I mean, even if you will magically have the power to propel yourself to a high level, jumping down won't slow down your decend. If it did, it would heavily eat into "feather's fall" functionality, and becoming a far more useful version of it. Granted on occasions you might need to drop further then superjump allows for, but I don't know how many instances of distance like that are in the game... drop to underdark perhaps?

I would be satisfied with UI indication when jump you are planning to make will result in damage/prone.

Wormerine #787229 14/08/21 10:11 PM
T
addict
OP Offline
addict
T
Originally Posted by Wormerine
I mean, even if you will magically have the power to propel yourself to a high level, jumping down won't slow down your decend. If it did, it would heavily eat into "feather's fall" functionality, and becoming a far more useful version of it. Granted on occasions you might need to drop further then superjump allows for, but I don't know how many instances of distance like that are in the game... drop to underdark perhaps?

I would be satisfied with UI indication when jump you are planning to make will result in damage/prone.

The one I was thinking was the Blighted Village, trying to jump down from the building to the ground. The druid secret tunnel has a bit of this as well. Granted, it is just 1d6 damage... but still. An Athletics or Acrobatics roll as part of the jump to avoid damage would be nice.

Thrythlind #787251 15/08/21 07:20 AM
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Thrythlind
Originally Posted by Wormerine

The one I was thinking was the Blighted Village, trying to jump down from the building to the ground. The druid secret tunnel has a bit of this as well. Granted, it is just 1d6 damage... but still. An Athletics or Acrobatics roll as part of the jump to avoid damage would be nice.
+1 to both

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Thrythlind #787254 15/08/21 08:42 AM
veteran
veteran
The fall damage is unrealistically low as it is, especially for long falls. Falls that would kill or cripple a human are brushed off with minor HP loss and a Short Rest. I don't want a video game to be ultra realistic, but I'd like if an RPG didn't look like a cartoon when it has realistic graphics. And since verticality and Shoving is all the rage now it's kind of in your face all the time.

In tabletop the DM can explain the low damage in many ways like slowing down the fall grasping onto roots or ledges. On that note, it would be better if BG3 had more realistic animation for being Shoved, e.g. staggering towards the edge and falling down along the cliffside rather than flying spectacularly through the air from the smallest shove.

Last edited by 1varangian; 15/08/21 08:43 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard