Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
R
I have the Boots of Aid and Comfort. The description does not say what they actually do. I used Astarion (fewer powers), took off everything he was wearing, checked his status screen, then put on the boots and checked his status screen again. No changes were apparent. Did I miss something? Help?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RBarbare
I have the Boots of Aid and Comfort. The description does not say what they actually do. I used Astarion (fewer powers), took off everything he was wearing, checked his status screen, then put on the boots and checked his status screen again. No changes were apparent. Did I miss something? Help?

We don't know yet. Been trying to figure this out for weeks.

They don't affect difficult terrain. They don't confer ability changes. They don't add an ability.

They don't prevent lethargy.

To be honest I am not a fan of this sort of mechanic. There are spells in D&D 5e which would Identify (called Identify btw) that would tell you what this item does but since we don't have those spells we just have to guess. And so far nobody knows.

They could be unfinished or bugged. Or maybe they only affect a certain class or origin character.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Thanks for putting that thought in my head.... Now I can only imagine that we are to expect a slew of magic items that for no explicable reason can only be used by Larian's Origin characters....

R
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
R
After some consideration, are they possibly related to the new camp mechanics? Maybe they allow full rest with limited supplies? Not sure if I want to bother checking that.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RBarbare
After some consideration, are they possibly related to the new camp mechanics? Maybe they allow full rest with limited supplies? Not sure if I want to bother checking that.
Nope.
I had them equipped and i still needed the same amount of food.

Another idea:
Maybe they are water resistant? :P
Astarion would appreciate such boots for sure ... anyone tryed? smile

//Edit:
Nope ... running water still burns like acid. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 19/08/21 10:06 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Niara
Thanks for putting that thought in my head.... Now I can only imagine that we are to expect a slew of magic items that for no explicable reason can only be used by Larian's Origin characters....

Yeah, that's not a cool mechanic. They need to either add Identify as a spell and make sure it reveals everything or they need to make sure items are clear about what they actually do if they are green level or higher.

I would prefer Identify. Let mages, sorcerers and bards be useful and allow proper cursed items.

Blackheifer
addict
addict
What do the Boots of Aid and Comfort do? They provide hindrance and discomfort, courtesy of Bob the sadistic Larian employee hehe

R
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by Ikke
What do the Boots of Aid and Comfort do? They provide hindrance and discomfort, courtesy of Bob the sadistic Larian employee hehe

Ah, the fourth wall effect 'confusion and aggravation to the player'.

old hand
old hand
They might do nothing, just flavor. Your character has comfy boots.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I think if you wear them all the time, you will start finding piles of gold and stuff lying around. E.g. you might just find a pile of 100g in your camp, that kind of thing.

Link Copied to Clipboard