Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#787837 19/08/21 01:51 AM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
The trapped chest in the "secret" cave out of the druids grove with the firball statues. You should have the option to remove the trap with a Rogue. Even after the trap was found it didn't give me the option to disarm. Currently the only way to bypass this trap is to use the key found in the cave. The trapped chest in the Blacksmith building in the defiled village doesn't even give a check to find the trap let alone the ability to disarm it.

Last edited by Dreygor6091; 19/08/21 01:53 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dreygor6091
The trapped chest in the "secret" cave out of the druids grove with the firball statues. You should have the option to remove the trap with a Rogue. Even after the trap was found it didn't give me the option to disarm. also the trapped chest in the Blacksmith building in the defiled village doesn't even give a check to find the trp let alone the ability to disarm it.

Yeah, that bugs me a bit too. The only thing you have is a visual cue of 'black powder burns' on the keyhole and ground and no way to disarm at all. If you move the chest, boom.

I have a theory that when Larian started the game somebody hated rogues for some reason and they haven't gone through and removed all the rogue hate but they are working on it.

Rogues are the best. Best class right now. Love rogues.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 19/08/21 01:55 AM.

Blackheifer
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Not sure about Druid-secret-passage chest ...
But you can disarm the Blacksmith chest trap, by simply using some source of fire (or at least you could in previous patches ... didnt try this time) ... just note its smart to move that explosive barrel next to it first. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 19/08/21 09:11 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Not sure about Druid-secret-passage chest ...
But you can disarm the Blacksmith chest trap, by simply using some source of fire (or at least you could in previous patches ... didnt try this time) ... just note its smart to move that explosive barrel next to it first. laugh
Druid trap: Add the barrels to your inventory, move them outside the range, drop them. The. Open the chest. The most damage I’ve taken was 7. Still need the disarm to work.

The Zhent stash in the Underdark is trapped, and disarm works perfectly. Not sure why the others are messed up.

+1

veteran
veteran
Traps in RPGs always tended to be boring. I think Larian might be trying to make it more interactive - so design traps more as puzzles then just roll-to-disarm.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The Mage Hand cantrip should be able to set off the trap. Well in 5e anyways, not BG3 yet. The Unseen Servant 1st level Ritual Spell would be useful as well, getting the party further away than Mage Hand, if it were in the game that is.

Link Copied to Clipboard