Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hey everyone,

We’ve just released a new hotfix for you!

This hotfix addresses some issues with the launcher crashing on certain hardware configurations, issues with crashing when loading Act 1, and we've also fixed the Vulkan "Device Lost" error that was impacting some players.

Thank you to everyone who has sent us crash or bug reports, emailed our support team, and notified us on socials, Discord, Reddit, Steam and our forums about these issues! All of these reports, feedback and suggestions are incredibly valuable to us and help us pinpoint and fix issues as quickly as possible for you.

Thank you for being with us on this journey!

Changelist:

• Fixed "Device Lost" Vulkan API error message.
  • Fixed the launcher crashing on startup on certain hardware configurations.
  • Fixed a crash when loading Act 1.
  • Fixed an issue with specific interfaces being displayed incorrectly at lower resolutions.
  • Fixed not being able to reach the skeleton with the damaged headpiece in the blighted village.

Last edited by Dom_Larian; 28/10/21 02:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
back to wonder how many months away that "closer than we think" patch 6 is supposed to be.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Tuco
back to wonder how many months away that "closer than we think" patch 6 is supposed to be.

On the plus side, the new Pathfinder game is only about 1 week away. So that will give us plenty to do while BG3 is working on the next big content patch.

Have a great day!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Jess Larian on May 12, 2021 (hotfix #11)
We will be back soon with a larger community update, that goes into some detail about how we process & parse feedback and data we get through talking with you, and the telemetry we have in the game. ‘Til then, sit tight!
What happened to this promised community update? It's been a few months now, and sure we've gotten a patch in the intervening time, but I would like to know this information. It'd be useful for all forum posters/EA players/etc to know how Larian parses community feedback and uses telemetry so we could better focus our efforts. At the very minimum, it would just be interesting to simply hear more about Larian's thought process.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Larian has graciously narrowed the time frame down to between now and then.

They also announced that they are cautiously optimistic it will be released sooner or later.

veteran
veteran
Hey, I'm serious, it would be a nice start to al least know what Swen Vincke thinks that we think.

That would narrow down the margin, I guess.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
B
B
Hi Jess, just a quick feedback. When trying to launch bg3.exe I now get the following error message: "The code execution cannot proceed because Galaxy64.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

Is this intended to prevent players like me from bypassing the launcher? hehe
Using the launcher starts the game just fine.

This happened after a clean install with the GOG offline installer files.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Its also quite possible that patch 6 is also "more far than Swen thinked" ...

I mean, there was a huge lot of changes in patch 5 ...
Sadly some of them bringed lot of bugs. :-/
If Swen didnt count with them, it only makes sence that delivering next patch will be prolonged by fixing those bugs. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
I had to switch to directx after the latest patch, but vulcan is working again now.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Bomor
Hi Jess, just a quick feedback. When trying to launch bg3.exe I now get the following error message: "The code execution cannot proceed because Galaxy64.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

Same issue here, I've been running a custom group of 4 since the game launched and now after the latest hot fix it's throwing the "The code execution cannot proceed because Galaxy64.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program my fix the problem." error.

veteran
veteran
I really hope the (eventual) rise in popularity of the Steam Deck will somehow convince developers and publishers to dial it back a little with these goddamn useless launchers and clients.

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni

This is not intended. GOG packs the offline installer files and we've alerted them of this missing file! Thanks for flagging.

B
B
I really hope the (eventual) rise in popularity of the Steam Deck will somehow convince developers and publishers to dial it back a little with these goddamn useless launchers and clients.
I guess the launcher makes sense during EA for Larian to help gather metrics on how players interact with the game, problems they encounter, crash reports etc. The launcher is optional, though (i.e. you can launch the game without it).

But speaking of Steam Deck, I would love to see more games supported natively for Linux. Wine and Proton help a lot but I still hope that there will be a Linux version of Baldur's Gate 3 eventually. From what I know, the Stadia version needs to run on Linux servers so my hope is that would make it easier to launch a Linux version of the game at some point.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jess Larian

This is not intended. GOG packs the offline installer files and we've alerted them of this missing file! Thanks for flagging.

Excellent. Thanks a lot for the follow-up Jess! Much appreciated!

addict
addict
Oooh the necromancy book of Thay looks really wicked now.

addict
addict
I'm in the blighted village. I went down the well, fought the phase spiders and left.
Now I want to go back down to get the amethyst, but trying to enter has now become impossible.
First it tells me to "use jump to reach", for all 4 party members. Of course you can't jump into the well from outside. But in the end I had one member take a jump from before the well to a spot closer to the well.
After that, the message changed to "can't reach".
So I could get into the well once, but not a second time.

addict
addict
I guess the launcher makes sense during EA for Larian to help gather metrics on how players interact with the game, problems they encounter, crash reports etc. The launcher is optional, though (i.e. you can launch the game without it).

But speaking of Steam Deck, I would love to see more games supported natively for Linux. Wine and Proton help a lot but I still hope that there will be a Linux version of Baldur's Gate 3 eventually. From what I know, the Stadia version needs to run on Linux servers so my hope is that would make it easier to launch a Linux version of the game at some point.

Well, the game is Vulkan anyway, so as long as the game works with Wine/Proton ( Patch 5 failed this particular test ), there is little Windows influence left, other than executable load format and some calling conventions. The performance impact should be slight, really.

If the Steam Deck does become popular and encourages developers to target the SteamOS runtime, that would obviously be preferable ( for me, at least ); but I would predict that there would still be significant moaning from the Linux community because many seem to care about "Free Software" more than Linux, and consider Valve and Steam to be as evil as Microsoft and Apple.

Personally, I don't use Linux because it is "Free Software"; I use it because Linux is a fast, efficient, stable and configurable platform that (unlike Microsoft and Apple) and does not constantly try to manipulate me, control my experience, or waste my computer resources running pointless crap in the background. It's not problem-free, of course, but nothing is perfect. smile

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by ldo58
Oooh the necromancy book of Thay looks really wicked now.
I didnt notice any change. O_o

I'm in the blighted village. I went down the well, fought the phase spiders and left.
Now I want to go back down to get the amethyst, but trying to enter has now become impossible.
First it tells me to "use jump to reach", for all 4 party members. Of course you can't jump into the well from outside. But in the end I had one member take a jump from before the well to a spot closer to the well.
Sound like yet another effect of "can't reach" bug ... there is a lot of them in Patch 5 ...
If i had to gues, i would say that someone is trying to experiment with implementation of Z axis to give this game real verticality ... first steppes are allways harder. smile

I presume you know about other two entrances?
One of them is from blacksmith house, where you can either destroy cracked wall ... or jump into hole in wall on the other side of room.
And there is also fast travel waypoint in the end of that cave. wink

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict

On further reflection, the first visit was possibly before the installation of the latest hotfix.
So that hotfix would have caused the inaccessibility.
@RagnarokCzD : I knew about the second entrance, but I accidentally burnt the web-bridge while fighting the ettercaps. So it would seem that only Laezel can still pass with a long jump. Will go search for the third option. Thanks.

Last edited by ldo58; 28/08/21 02:55 PM.
addict
addict

On further reflection, the first visit was possibly before the installation of the latest hotfix.
So that hotfix would have caused the inaccessibility.
@RagnarokCzD : I knew about the second entrance, but I accidentally burnt the web-bridge while fighting the ettercaps. So it would seem that only Laezel can still pass with a long jump. Will go search for the third option. Thanks.

The weirdness doesn't end there. So I was standing in front of an alternative passage and clicked on a spot behind the hole to move on.
But the party turned around, ran out of the building , back into the open, to the well and went down that way.
So you can't move them in the well, but they will take the road through the well to go from point 1 to point 2 in the passages nder the village.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard