Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I know these threads have been done to death, but I just tried to load up the game to play Patch 5 and couldn't get through character creation without turning it off again out of frustration.

I understand there probably won't be sliders and there will likely be more customization options at full launch - I'd love to see things like scars, more hairstyles, better beards, different skin options, maybe different selection options for different features (like choosing between 5-10 different eye options), BUT -

It makes no goddamn sense that each race is locked into like 4-5 heads. Absolutely makes no sense. There's no reason elves, half-elves, humans, etc, can't at LEAST share the same head/face pool.

Even if you do nothing else, please make all head options available to all races. This is something that could be done for EA.

Thanks!

Last edited by capfoxtrot; 27/08/21 09:09 PM.
old hand
old hand
Check out mods if it bothers you that much. I know there was a freckled layer instead of a tat for faces.

This was months ago.

Last edited by fallenj; 27/08/21 09:46 PM.
veteran
veteran
If only mods could be used like regular mods usualy are ...
Meaning: Download > copy to file > use.
Instead: Download mod > Download installing program > altern your files in the program and potentialy risk destroying whole game, bcs you downloaded wrong mod. laugh

Originally Posted by capfoxtrot
It makes no goddamn sense that each race is locked into like 4-5 heads. Absolutely makes no sense. There's no reason elves, half-elves, humans, etc, can't at LEAST share the same head/face pool.

Even if you do nothing else, please make all head options available to all races. This is something that could be done for EA.
I believe the problem here are ears (ignoring that fact that elves should have different facial structure, wich is not even present in this game ... more about that in THIS topic) ...
Since they are unseparatable parts of the heads (wich certainly should be changed, as i point out for last half year) ...

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
If only mods could be used like regular mods usualy are ...
Meaning: Download > copy to file > use.
Instead: Download mod > Download installing program > altern your files in the program and potentialy risk destroying whole game, bcs you downloaded wrong mod. laugh
idk i feel like candor is prettyy easy to use imo, haven't had any issues installing mods with it:

download mod > drag file to candor > enable > launch game

veteran
veteran
Then it seems like i was really lucky. :-/
So far i downloaded 3 mods, and i had to reinstal game each time ...

I gues there is misstake between chair and keyboard in that case. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 30/08/21 10:41 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by fallenj
Check out mods if it bothers you that much. I know there was a freckled layer instead of a tat for faces.

This was months ago.
I think this is the thing that would be best expanded upon, if Larian are going to do so; being able to take an existing face and give them piercings, scars, freckles, birthmarks, ect.

Link Copied to Clipboard