Print Thread
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hey Everyone!

We have a new hotfix for you today!

This hotfix addresses launcher connection issues, a savegame issue which blocked the Goblin bridge and the most prevalent texture crash.

As always, thank you so much for letting us know about these issues via our support team and by your posts on Reddit, Discord, Steam, socials and our forums! Your reports, feedback and suggestions are very helpful to us.

Thanks for your support!

Changelist:

• Fixed a savegame issue that blocked the goblin bridge (related to previous hotfix's 'Can't reach' issue near the blighted village).
  • Fixed the most prevalent crash related to loading and unloading textures too quickly.
  • Fixed launcher connection issues to web content. Slower connections will now bypass online content more quickly, allowing players to launch the game without waiting.

Launcher fixes:

• Fixed the launcher not fitting on certain display resolutions and windows scaling combinations
  • Possible fix for the launcher not starting the game correctly on network mapped drives or symlinks
  • Added a launch option to the LariLauncher so players can skip the launcher entirely.

To use this on STEAM:
    -Right-click Baldur’s Gate 3 in your library and select Properties...
    -On the GENERAL tab, add --skip-launcher in the LAUNCH OPTIONS field.

To use this on GOG:
    -Navigate to the game in your library.
    -Click the preferences button to the right of the play button and select Manage installation > Configure...
    -Check the box next to Custom executables / arguments
    -Click Add another Executable / arguments at the bottom of the window.
    -In the File field for this new executable, select bg3.exe in the ../bin folder of your game installation.
    -In the Arguments field, add --skip-launcher.
    -Check the Default executable radio button.
    -Click OK and press Play.

Last edited by Dom_Larian; 16/11/21 03:26 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Which is the Goblin Bridge?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Don Bartenstein
The bridge that leads to the Goblin camp.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Zellin
Originally Posted by Don Bartenstein
The bridge that leads to the Goblin camp.

Ah, I never ran into any issues with that.....

addict
addict
I had some strange things happening today. Guess it's due to the latest hotfix, because I never saw this before.
ver. 4.111233832
First startup, it took ages to assemble the screen.
Second, I wanted to measure time of the startup; but the game crashed while loading. (Report sent)
The third time it loaded normally.

In this third game I battled the harpies. Defeated them, but Gale died in the battle. So, got to see the dead-Gale protocol. But the pouch wasn't there. I couldn't execute it.

I quit the game. We'll see next time when I restart.

Last edited by ldo58; 02/09/21 11:17 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
[Spoilers ahead!]

Bug or Feature? You be the judge --- though I'm sure from a game balance POV it's a bug.
(Unlimited Jade 2 crates @ Blighted Village X:34 Y:;471 with save/reload)

[video:youtube]
[/video]

Background: Playing/replaying multiple times since first pre-release - lost count though haven't finished underdark yet

Nice note:: This current playthrough has opened up a lot more dialog/story and it's really nice that I can now leverage my Video card/display! (But see Camp Crashes)

General Note:
Sneaking into the Temple and killing the hierarchy first really kills the dungeon crawl aspect, especially if you do it prior to the Tiefling's leaving the grove - but there is some satisfaction from it.

Story/Character Comment: Why are all the women bitchy, evil or both? And bejeezus! @hy does whiney-butt Asarion talk so much? (Annoying). While Gale seems a solid & delightful companion there's no female character with a similar, more interactable personality.

Issues:

Camp Crashes: For the love of all gamers! Fix the issues with storing items in containers and crashing!!! Have to full save and reload after each interaction with a container (See quicksave/load issue) I believe it may be related to a lack of release/closure of the object held by the pointer, though making sure that an extra 'esc' only partially solves the issue. Standing next to a container prior to opening it also seems to partially mitigate issue but not completely - this is a real killer issue for me. There's only so much time looking at load screens I can take even on a fast system.
(With sub inventory menu especially)

Quicksave/Load issue - Not working at all but full saves do - potentially related to Version save v version playing - but it shouldn't be.

System/Video
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz

64.0 GB (63.8 GB usable)
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎6/‎21/‎2020
OS build 19043.1165
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

--- FYI (Caution: Below rig takes a ton of patience to set up and deal with on game startup or after soundbar resets/sleeps)---

Video (Vulcan)
NVDIA GeForce RTX 2080 with Max Q Design
NVDIA Control Panel maxed settings and controlling over application where possible
Application video maxed settings (3440x1440 100 Hz) High/Ultra settings

Monitor:: MSI Optrix MGG341COR

Sound: Nakamichi 9.4.2 soundbar w/FXSound mixer - freak'n awsome - One comment though, with a sound system like this the 'boom' of a successful save gets annoying, yet I like the volume for all the other interface sound effects.

Last edited by Paliphany; 06/09/21 03:51 PM.
stranger
stranger
Is Early Access ever ending? Is there a timeframe for actually playing the whole game?

When the game is ready wink

B
B
No release date yet. Larian announced that they are aiming for a release at some point in 2022 but it is not certain. I just want them to take the time to make this the masterpiece it's promising to be. But I also can't wait to play the final version.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Anybody knows what was that very small update that I just downloaded? Like 19MB?

veteran
veteran
A launcher fix.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Skip launcher is much appreciated. :3

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
D
stranger
stranger
D
Anyone else having trouble starting up the game (patch 4) after yesterday's update? Tried everything, but the game keeps crashing after pressing 'play' in the launcher.

Worked fine before the update

Last edited by Dadork; 17/09/21 01:05 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Skip launcher is much appreciated. :3
It doesn't really work, anyway.

All it does is launching the game without waiting for the confirmation from the Launcher UI, but it does STILL run the launcher.

Last edited by Tuco; 17/09/21 04:13 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
I know, but still ...
The launcher dont take much performance for himself, so all i care is that i can start game and go make a tee, before it starts ... instead of waiting for launcher and then re-confrim starting the game. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by Paliphany
[Spoilers ahead!]

Story/Character Comment: Why are all the women bitchy, evil or both? And bejeezus! @hy does whiney-butt Asarion talk so much? (Annoying). While Gale seems a solid & delightful companion there's no female character with a similar, more interactable personality.

Well...Githyanki are evil, thus Lae'zel is evil. Githyanki also think they're better than everyone else, thus Lae'zel thinks she's better than everyone else. Shar is an evil goddess and well, Shadowheart is evil or at least neutral. If you don't do self-centered things, Shadowheart doesn't like it and act appropriately. We also haven't seen all party members as yet in the game.

Link Copied to Clipboard