Next Thread
Print Thread
#790486 15/09/21 06:19 PM
V
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
V
Any word on this? I tried to play D:OS2 the other day and I just hate the idea of being stuck with the NPCs in this game. I want to be able to level my character and bring his gear and attitude to my wife's game or a friend's game. I dont want to be stuck with what Larian considers fun. I like the way BG1&2 did this. Building a party with all my higher leveled end game characters as I try out new classes and roles.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
I don't do multiplayer, but apparently you can abuse the multiplayer mechanic to do this. Basically, set up the multiplayer program more than once on your machine and swap as needed. Clumsy and probably system resource intensive, but possible.

veteran
veteran
I do it a lot.

So, open up game once, reduce settings to low if you have a slow pc, I usually use windowed not full screen, start multiplayer session, copy code, start another session so you have 2 open sessions of the game, join multiplayer using code.

You can do this up to 4 custom PCs. Once the game starts, save in the host session and close the others.

But I don't think that is what the op is saying. I think he is referring to being able to save your characters and then starting a new game and using a pre-saved character. I really really want this too.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Thanks a lot, i was searching similar thread. I might want to suggest https://www.a-writer.com/coursework/ for writing an exposition, since it isn't in every case simple. I like to think of myself, however once in a while there are times when there isn't sufficient opportunity, and in such cases they never let me down - consistently an article with the most noteworthy score.

Last edited by FillSmith; 22/09/21 06:10 AM. Reason: mistake

check info about essay writing services for more details
V
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
V
Did we get a commercial in the thread?

D
old hand
old hand
D
Originally Posted by GM4Him
I do it a lot.

So, open up game once, reduce settings to low if you have a slow pc, I usually use windowed not full screen, start multiplayer session, copy code, start another session so you have 2 open sessions of the game, join multiplayer using code.

You can do this up to 4 custom PCs. Once the game starts, save in the host session and close the others.

But I don't think that is what the op is saying. I think he is referring to being able to save your characters and then starting a new game and using a pre-saved character. I really really want this too.
In BG 1 and 2 you could import characters either from excisting save files or by exporting them (say at the end of the game) and then importing them. I assume thats what the OP is referring to.

I hope it gets included, I loved doing that for the originals but at the same time im abit skeptical. Dont think its happening tbh frown

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard