Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#790604 17/09/21 10:01 AM
A
Adiktus Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Conflicted about this. Sure, he's funny, and tosses you the odd skillbook here and there (which you usually already have), but is his game interference just too annoying for most people? Setting off traps, blocking the path, sitting in hexes where you want to be, making the crypt puzzle almost unsolvable by constantly running across it ... And dying, of course. I keep him around because I'm expecting some sort of plot development or decent reward, but I'm starting to wonder whether it's worth it.

That said, he came in unexpectedly useful last night. I was trying to save the Black Ring folk from Magister Vorrh at the docks, so teleported the named guy outside, and when Vorrh followed out and cast Shackles of Pain, he shackled the named guy and ... Sir Lora! Because Sir Lora was not counted as being in battle, he healed after every round. Keeping one shackled guy alive was *lots* easier than three. (Don't ask me why he only shackled two characters. Maybe Sir Lora and Quercus count as two people?)

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
You can shoo him away and he will go wait for you at lady vengence (not sure where he goes if you shoo him in act 1).

I absolutely love his inclusion, but i was not opposed to shooing him for periods of time due to his annoyance in combat and traps.

He added something very sweet and tender to the game though. My first playthrough I didnt have petpal. My 2nd, I did, and his little side story / personality just added a really cute touch to the campaign.

Anywho if hes annoying Id just shoo him away if i were you

I actually would find the shackle thing to be a reason NOT to keep him around. Since it's gimmicky and not your strategy that did that but some random thing.. not my cup of tea. I dont mind that sir lora was chosen as a shackle target, but the fact hes out of combat and keeps healing, just seems like an easy unintended "win".

Also, if you permafrost the black ring folks itll drop shackles.

Cheers!

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard