Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
old hand
old hand
D
I love how everyone is complaining their patch is underwhelming, like the sorcerer class; when they dont even know whats in the patch yet...

Seriously people at least wait for the patch to hit live before having your judgement ready -_-

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Demoulius
So I think ive found the source of the Salami reference....

It's not like it was ever a secret. Some of us were just trying really hard to forget.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by S2PHANE
We would already have heard the level 5 hype coming from the EGX attendees.
How?
I mean you have time limit, and Chubblot litteraly said that he barely made it to Druid's Groove ... so i kinda doubt that anyone would manage to get to level 5.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Do you honestly think we'll see level 5 this patch? With the amount of content added in the previous patches, a new class is like an atom bomb. Its the hype generator.
Why would they keep level 5 a surprise when it would make all the forums buzz with excitement?

Let me put it to you like this Ragnarok - if it turns out that they actually do put out level 5 with this patch, I'll print out my posts regarding the topic and eat them.
I'm that sure it ain't happening. I dig your optimism though, its cute.

Last edited by S2PHANE; 09/10/21 12:52 PM.
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I do not and i never stated otherwise ...
I just think IF (and yes it is big if) they will ... we would never known by 20 minutes gameplay since nobody could get so far that fast.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 09/10/21 01:53 PM.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Chubblot confirmed it on twitter, Wild Mage is already in!!! I am keeping my eyes open for further info. U do the same, guys.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by spacehamster95
Chubblot confirmed it on twitter, Wild Mage is already in!!! I am keeping my eyes open for further info. U do the same, guys.

I was wrong, although I knew that was a highly realistic possiblity. I had somewhat expected that they'd do Divine Souls, Psionic Soul, and Shadow Magic Sorcerers first both because they are more popular then the Wild Magic Sorcerer, but also because the wild magic table seems like a huge amount of work to put in. I should have counted on Larians quirkness, the Wild Magic surges would appeal heavily to their wackiest side.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Well, nobody says that they will not add them to final version of the game ...
I mean is there any huge difference between sublasses, except different passive bonuses (wich is just seting numbers in the chart) ... and some specific effect on certain levels? smile

Sounds almost like moding to me. laugh

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Larian explicitly stated that they will only implement the Player's Handbook. Though I am sure modders will have a field day with the diff subclasses from other source books.

veteran
veteran
Larian explicitly stated that they will only implement the Player's Handbook. Though I am sure modders will have a field day with the diff subclasses from other source books.
No, they didn’t.
They said they are focused on trying to implement everything from the PHB but the word “only” was never used.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
*crosses fingers and hopes for Gloom Stalker at release.

Did someone say that there was an actual Larian presentation today? Or did I misread that?

Last edited by Riandor; 10/10/21 08:40 AM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tuco
No, they didn’t.
They said they are focused on trying to implement everything from the PHB but the word “only” was never used.

Okay, feel free to make up another promise that was never made and then act surprised and chagrined when you are disappointed. They said they are focusing on adding all the content of the Player's Handbook. They shut it down every time when someone asked about other source books.

Originally Posted by Riandor
*crosses fingers and hopes for Gloom Stalker at release.

Did someone say that there was an actual Larian presentation today? Or did I misread that?

I dunno, didnt hear of it but I am not active on social media. Feel free to update us if you find out something.

Last edited by spacehamster95; 10/10/21 08:44 AM.
veteran
veteran
I didn’t promise anything. I just corrected a misconception.
Spare me the bullshit.

Last edited by Tuco; 10/10/21 08:45 AM.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tuco
I didn’t promise anything. I just corrected a misconception.
Spare me the bullshit.
Spare me the phony outrage...

veteran
veteran
Here it comes the random nonsense.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Nope. smile

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/fhk8iw/the_official_larian_ama_is_live/
4. There have been hints of other 5e sources being implemented into the game. Are you going to include material from Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, and/or other player materials outside of the core material of the 5e Player's Handbook? Additionally, at full release, will all content of the PHB be represented (notably, (sub)classes and (sub)races)?

HB/MM/DMG are the base we are starting from but we are taking material from other books too.

The promise was that all classes and sub-classes from PHB will be implemented ...
But that is all:
Will all 5e Classes be available at launch?
Yes, all classes from 5e Player’s Handbook will be included at launch. In Early Access you’ll be able to play as a Cleric, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock or Wizard.
Does that include paths, subclasses, etc?
Yep.

//Edit:
Originally Posted by Riandor
None that I would know about. O_o
And i try hard to stalk Larian on every media they are on. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 10/10/21 09:34 AM.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Nope. smile

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/fhk8iw/the_official_larian_ama_is_live/
4. There have been hints of other 5e sources being implemented into the game. Are you going to include material from Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, and/or other player materials outside of the core material of the 5e Player's Handbook? Additionally, at full release, will all content of the PHB be represented (notably, (sub)classes and (sub)races)?

HB/MM/DMG are the base we are starting from but we are taking material from other books too.

Yeah, I was there. Please, point out to me when Larian did not shut down any question about additional subclasses from other source books, by stating that they focus on including all the Player's Handbook's subclasses. Let's keep the expectations realistic.

D
old hand
old hand
D
AFAIK they confirmed all PHB classes but dident outright state that other books would be off the table. Just not their focus initially.

Then again I renember that from one of the first videos, there might have changed something along the way.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Please, point out to me when Larian did not shut down any question about additional subclasses from other source books, by stating that they focus on including all the Player's Handbook's subclasses.
Im sory i dont understand this sentence. frown

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by S2PHANE
Do you honestly think we'll see level 5 this patch? With the amount of content added in the previous patches, a new class is like an atom bomb. Its the hype generator.
Why would they keep level 5 a surprise when it would make all the forums buzz with excitement?

Let me put it to you like this Ragnarok - if it turns out that they actually do put out level 5 with this patch, I'll print out my posts regarding the topic and eat them.
I'm that sure it ain't happening. I dig your optimism though, its cute.

Well if we were to get lucky and they added level 5, which would be nice, I'd like you to post it on youtube you eating them sheets. LOL, But you're right it might be a pipe dream. Of course, I'd settle for better weapons and armor even.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard