Print Thread
#791943 06/10/21 07:37 PM
F
Faustus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
There's a strong lack of choices in there at the moment. I don't want to keep emphasizing how sliders would fix this, but right now there is very little room to make a preferable character.

Take mine for example. I tried to make a pale, young looking druid man, with big round eyes. Not possible. The only face template for that also gives him wide nostrils, and from frontal angles his eyes look like he has downs syndrome. Not even joking. From certain scenes he can look like an old man, sometimes it looks great. Though this may be issue with the cinematic camera or the facial expressions distorting the face itself.

My solution would be to make face templates more modular: For example, to allow changing to different sets of nose, eyes, eyebrows etc.

https://imgur.com/wSPpqjx

https://imgur.com/OaKRHC4

https://imgur.com/P5LN32H

Last edited by Faustus; 09/10/21 07:32 PM. Reason: Extended with suggestion
stranger
stranger
Not only that but hair as well, facial and head. Just need a little stubble with my crew cut.

addict
addict
Wait, are you saying a person with Down's syndrome can't be a druid? What's wrong with that?

But yes, since this is just an EA I'm sure we will get a lot more customisation with the end product.

stranger
stranger
For some reason those pics make me think of Prince (RIP).

That does bring me to a personal "would really like to see" request. More ethnic faces. Right now, there's only one black/african/african-american face option for a handful of races (human, tiefling, and elves). There's no facial template to create a character of color if you want to play a half-elf, dwarf, or halfing.

The Githyanki are a special case since they're fairly alien in appearance anyway but if there were a way to do an ethnic inspired face option for them too that would be cool.

Last edited by WakandaNative; 08/10/21 07:39 PM.
Originally Posted by WakandaNative
For some reason those pics make me think of Prince (RIP).

That does bring me to a personal "would really like to see" request. More ethnic faces. Right now, there's only one black/african/african-american face option for a handful of races (human, tiefling, and elves). There's no facial template to create a character of color if you want to play a half-elf, dwarf, or halfing.

The Githyanki are a special case since they're fairly alien in appearance anyway but if there were a way to do an ethnic inspired face option for them too that would be cool.

Actually elf faces gives both an asian and a african face styles as options. Only one each mind you (needs more).

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Aazo
Actually elf faces gives both an asian and a african face styles as options. Only one each mind you (needs more).

Yep...I noted that in my original post. Half-elves, dwarves, and halflings are the races currently missing african and asian male facial templates (I haven't checked out the female options yet).

Link Copied to Clipboard