Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dexai
I must admit I had not given a single thought to whether or not that particular subclass would be included, and not in the way of taking it for granted that it would be. So I certainly would classify it as news or a "reveal", to me at least.

And probably Larian feels the same as I can only assume the reason chubblot would remove those posts would be pressure from larian because they want to save it for their next panel (whether that was active pressure by larian contacting him or blotman just being worried about breaking a "silence agreement" (I forget the real name of the term) and removing them out of precaution).
That would be a NDA, or Non-disclosure agreement.
But I can assure you no developer is even going to try to enforce one on something shown on a public showroom.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Teedy1
Referring to the wild magic subclass, I believe the reason people thought it may not be implemented with sorcerer right away was due to some of the features using reactions. I believe there actually was another tweet, like rag said, talking about how they made tides of chaos work without using reactions, but I don't have it.
Oh hmmm I initially though you were referring to wild magic effects that had reactions, but apparently there aren't any... Though I think you mean "Bend Luck" and not "Tides of Chaos"; it's the former that uses reactions. But that only happens at 6th level, so isn't relevant for EA.

Anyway, aside from the subclass's randomness being tailor made for Larian, the Wild Magic table also works very well in video game format. The computer can do all the calculations immediately, instead of massively slowing down the game by a) remembering to have the DM roll on the table, b) finding which effect happens, and c) looking up the rules for WM spells/other complex effects.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran

Aaaaand there you go. smile
I gues he didnt remove it bcs someone from Larian told him to ... but bcs he wanted to save some for this video? laugh

Anyway, this seems complete ... i dont recall mentioning anything that isnt told it this video. smile

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Yay for a new video! I hope they release the patch this month! 😊

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Ehm ... i was kinda hoping for next week. laugh
I mean, since it was playable on that event, it should be prepared for release no?

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 10/10/21 12:56 PM.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I mean, since it was playable on that event, it should be prepared for release no?
Next week sounds great! grin

F
addict
addict
F

SteamDB has two (actually: four) different builds for EGX (including one for the press) and patch 6 ("patch6" and "patch6_ch" - and I don't think "ch" stands for Switzerland, so I wonder what this may mean) listed.

The EGX build probably was one with a few things which Larian wasn't so sure about (read: "QA didn't sign off, yet") switched off / removed. I'd do the same if there was a strict external deadline (I'm a software engineer in real life).

Also there is the limiting factor of Larian having to produce a PFH as well, which may cause additional delays (production value of PFH videos is surprisingly high, this is not done in a single day), which is why I would actually prefer not to get a PFH, but a simple "hey, my name is Swen Vincke, let me quickly show you in this 20 minute lets play video what is new while you download the update on Steam" with only the game on the screen and voice recorded while playing. But thats just me.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Sure ...
But if patch will be ready, we can hope for "you may start download now" instead of "will be released in few days" laugh

I call that a win. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 10/10/21 01:51 PM.

veteran
veteran
If nothing else the video implicitly confirms no level 5 in patch 6 (given that the fireball trigger apparently didn’t work because the spell isn’t implemented yet) so it helps to set the expectations low.

Last edited by Tuco; 10/10/21 10:36 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by Tuco
If nothing else the video implicitly confirms no level 5 in patch 6 (given that the fireball trigger apparently didn’t work because the spell isn’t implemented yet) so it helps to set the expectations low.

Yes, I heard that, too.

Hm, doesn't really motivate me for a full playthrough with patch 6. I guess I'll wait for the patch that brings level 5 then.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Time 1:25 Quote: "I don't think i triggered one during the demo"
Time 1:34 Quote: "One thing that was mentioned is that the Wild Surge table is in the game, but is not totally complete yet ... the example i got was this one, where you cast Fireball centered on yourself ... obviously as Fireball hasn't been added to the game, yet, this effects cant happen, yet..."

Feel free to corect me, but those sentences sounds to me like there was no trigger happening at all during whole demo (or if there was, Chubblot didnt noticed) ... so, not even single word about any "not working" triggers. O_o

Also the second sentence is a little puzzling ...
I dont quite know wich part is what was "mentioned" as he said, meaning i gues that someone from Larian warned people who played Wild Magic that whis is not something they are suppose to expect ... and wich part is his conclusion based on that "mentioning" ...

If that whole was him just Quoting Larian employee ...
As far as i know, all they said is that there is no Fireball spell, not even single word about levels ...
Sure we could easily speculate how would they dare to implement level 3 spells and left out Fireball.
But we could also speculate just as easily how could they implement Warlock and left out pact of the Blade, especialy since one of their own character is practicaly beging for it. O_o
Or we could also speculate how would they dare to implement *insert any caster class here* without Shield.

If only first part was Quoting Larian employee ... and second part (everything after the word "obviously") was just his conclusion ...
That would entirely change the whole sentence, bcs then Larian employee would only say that this particular effect is not there yet ... prehaps bcs they had problems with centralizing the spell around our characters, or i dunno why else ask some software engineer what could go wrong, when i tryed that she replyed to me "litteraly anything" laugh ...but spell itself could be done and ready, and his conclusion (again, that part against the word "obviously") was simple misstake.

And finaly ... Larian Employee could easily be talking just about EGX Demo ...
Since chances that anyone would get there to level 5 was deep below zero, nobody would need to stress about Fireball ... so they simply didnt implement it, and send finalized Demo version to the World (specificly to London) ... but since we cant download it yet, there is allways possibility that they are still working on it and therefore when WE get Patch 6, it will look a little different from what was in that Demo ...
And that could mean practialy anything. laugh

I agree with the part, when you said that it helps to set the expectations low ... that is allways good suggestion.
But everything else seem to be at best based on missunderstanding.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 11/10/21 02:57 PM.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Odds of a wild magic surge arent guarranteed. Its a 5% per lvl 1 (or higher) spell beeing cast. Infact, theyre even lower. Because the DM can then choose to let you roll on the wild magic table. He 'can choose' as in its not a guarranteed roll. And even if the roll happens its only a 5% chance of actually tirggering wild magic surge.

Some features can give yourself a bonus with the caveat that at any time between that, and taking a long rest the DM can then make you roll on the chart as well. Again, not a guarrantee that it will happen. Its up to the DM.

I dont know how they modelled it. My guess is just a flat 5% chance of it happening. But thats still a very low chance of it happening.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Demoulius
About fireball beeing, in the game or not. Honestly you wouldnt be able to tell by just playing 25 minutes. Specially if you have to start with a new game.

They dident even get past the druid encampent after all.
Exactly!

About wild magic potentially not working.... The odds of a wild magic surge are crazy low. If you arent forcing a roll the odds of it showing up are a 1 on a D20 so 5%. And only lvl 1 and up spells count for that, so not for cantrips. I wouldnt be surpised if the number of lvl 1 spells cast in that demo were less then half a dozen. times 5% of it happening per cast and the fact that it dident happen yet isent really all that strange tbh...
Yeah, but that only apply for tabletop, right?

Chubblot in his video (1:07) told us that he dont remember exact wording ... but it was somehow tied to toggleable ability (tides of chaos) that gives you advantage for next casted spell ... in cost for incerased risking Wild Magic ...
So ... since there isnt any DM to proc this trigger ... it had to be alterned somehow, doesnt it?

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 11/10/21 08:02 PM.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Dilophosaurus looks fun though I'm still hoping for a T-rex at higher levels.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Chubblot in his video (1:07) told us that he dont remember exact wording ... but it was somehow tied to toggleable ability (tides of chaos) that gives you advantage for next casted spell ... in cost for incerased risking Wild Magic ...
So ... since there isnt any DM to proc this trigger ... it had to be alterned somehow, doesnt it?
Well obviously wink

Also note though that it says 'increased' risk. So I guess we could (potentially) assume then that there always is a small risk already and toggling the ability just raises that chance.

I for one will be good for all boosted castings. Let the time of RANDOMNESS commence!

L
addict
addict
L
Chubblot also said in his Patch 6 video that they’ve moved attacks out of the left hand panel and now they’re mixed in with everything else on the right hand hotbar. Makes me wonder if they’re making room for Dodge, Ready

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
Chubblot also said in his Patch 6 video that they’ve moved attacks out of the left hand panel and now they’re mixed in with everything else on the right hand hotbar. Makes me wonder if they’re making room for Dodge, Ready
Or six member party ...
Let me dream, okey? 😜

Also note though that it says 'increased' risk. So I guess we could (potentially) assume then that there always is a small risk already and toggling the ability just raises that chance.

I for one will be good for all boosted castings. Let the time of RANDOMNESS commence!
It depends ...
We could aswell asume that chamce will be incerased a lot more ... or my favourite gues it will keep incerasing with every other spell ... like 5% > 33% > 66% > 100%

I mean it would make sence ... kinda.
It puzzles me too why would anyone make Wild Magic sorcerer when they dont want Wild Magic effects ... but we have to presume that not everyone would like it to occur with every spell.
Even tho i would vote for granted trigger too.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard