Print Thread
#792473 11/10/21 10:42 PM
C
colinl8 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
C
I don't see anything in the ui for deleting player profiles. I tried blowing out the BG3 documents folder, and that didn't do the trick, in fact it recreated everything.

So it must be cached somewhere, but I didn't see any kind of cache dir or anything like that in the BG3 steam directories. So I figure steam must be cacheing it or something? But even after blowing out everything again and giving the machine a restart in the hopes that would blow out whatever's cached, but it created everything again.

How do you remove profiles?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I just delete every save under that profile. -sorry that's Pathfinder. For BG3, just go to Profiles and delete it.

Last edited by Merlex; 12/10/21 06:08 PM.
U
apprentice
apprentice
U
I generally create a new Profile called Delete. Then delete the old profile with the very, very small and barely visible little pale red "x" to the right of the profile. I then create another profile with the name I want, and then delete the profile called Delete, exit the game, and then relaunch and redo my settings.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by colinl8
I don't see anything in the ui for deleting player profiles. I tried blowing out the BG3 documents folder, and that didn't do the trick, in fact it recreated everything.

So it must be cached somewhere, but I didn't see any kind of cache dir or anything like that in the BG3 steam directories. So I figure steam must be cacheing it or something? But even after blowing out everything again and giving the machine a restart in the hopes that would blow out whatever's cached, but it created everything again.

How do you remove profiles?
If your Profile was recreated, then thats somekind of Cloud Saving. You can swwtich it off in Steam Settings for every game, and probably under GoG too.
Deleting profile is working with the lil X, as @ulgrym wrote.

Last edited by TheHero; 27/10/21 02:13 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard