Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
stranger
stranger
J
Grease // Fog and later 2xfireball or slow//fireball. Balanced.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, I think this will be changed, it's just game-breaking ^^'

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
It's actually 3x full spells a turn with Haste as currently implemented.

Or if you want to be more extreme, use that helmet where if you do fire damage with a levelled spell, you gain a bonus action (if it's still in Patch 6), so then you can quicken another spell. So at level 10 (10 sorcerery points), you can add 3 quicken fireballs after the action and haste action, for 5 spells total. ​

So in theory, if we keep the system as is, it's 100% broken. But I mean that's what EAs are for - it's something to provide feedback on.

I doubt the current haste implementation will stay as is, since allowing any action as it does currently means you'll allow for full extra attack too, instead of the just one extra hasted attack. I.e. a level 11 fighter will be making 6 attacks with haste pre action surge / dualwielding.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Christ its hard to please some people. 'Yes we got a new class buts its not the class I wanted and they dident add anything interesting even though I havent even played the patch yet :V

Lets play the patch itself before we have our conclusions ready?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Christ its hard to please some people. 'Yes we got a new class buts its not the class I wanted and they dident add anything interesting even though I havent even played the patch yet :V

Tuco is usually complaining about stuff, just ignore it.

I'm super excited to get my hands on this patch and play through it, seems they added a ton of improvements and the game looks AMAZING

Last edited by Teedy1; 14/10/21 07:48 PM.
addict
addict
This goes against everything this forum believes in.

stranger
stranger
Yes, i fully agree that Larians Version of the D&D5e Spellsystem is completely unbalanced. Using quicken spell with the malfunction of the Haste-Spell in combination is ridiculus when you are Level 5+.
Haste should be used like it is described in the PHB.
Maybe its not the best idea to play around with the action/bonusaction system!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
New weapons attacks are nothing compared to the potential disruptive power of allowing two full spells per turn.
Two? O_o
I would say up to Five ... as long as you keep using Fire Chromatic orb. laugh

https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Circlet+of+Fire laugh

//Edit:
Actualy Six ... if you also use Potion of Speed. laugh
And im not quite sure how will that Illithid power work ... i mean how often will it gave you Sorcery Points.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 14/10/21 08:08 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
In regards to "why are we getting Sorcerers" - I highly doubt that Larian is actually working on the remaining classes one at a time - just based on the way Sven talks about the EA process:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...impressions-and-an-interview-with-larian

The lead systems person I spoke to said there wouldn't be another big update to BG3 for a while now. Is that right?

Swen Vincke: It will take several months for sure. We're doing this balancing act where we're releasing these updates, but we're also trying to finish the game. And every single update is like release because you have to really tie up and polish everything, and it interferes with release. So it'll certainly be several months.

Monk/Paladin/Bard/Barbarians are all probably in the cooker along with the Sorcerer. It's most likely that the Sorcerer was the first one of the remaining classes to be ready or least disruptive one to be pushed into the EA builds.

I don't think there's a grand plan of - "Oh, let's release Druid, then Sorcerer, then X, etc, in this precise order".

The design of Bard/Paladin/Monks are probably fluctuating each time they play with the Reaction system update (which they've talked about), and I wouldn't be surprised if the Barbarian is in a similar situation with the advantage system (which just got changed in Patch 5 and again in Patch 6).

Last edited by Topgoon; 14/10/21 08:48 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
This goes against everything this forum believes in.

...She said sarcastically, on this forum, to another person who didn't think that, also on this forum

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Teedy1

Tuco is usually complaining about stuff, just ignore it.
Tuco is usually making some legitimate point because he's more interested in seeing the game improve in some significant way rather than jerk off with each other to spread the "good vibes".

Also, "this patch on paper sounds a bit underwhelming" is a fairly different take from "This is complete shit even if I didn't play it".

Last edited by Tuco; 14/10/21 09:20 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
I didn't understand the purpose of PFH4 since he spent the whole time spoiling the only new content we got.

But the patch indeed has some good changes and they are listening to feedback.

So I guess we need to keep asking for RTS controls and D/N cycle.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
So I guess we need to keep asking for RTS controls and D/N cycle.
And keep hearing vague teases about these things that "are coming but we totally don't expect" in the process.
Because nothing helps constructive feedback like keeping your most active user base guessing about what you are actually doing. Or something.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Topgoon
I don't think there's a grand plan of - "Oh, let's release Druid, then Sorcerer, then X, etc, in this precise order".
I agree with your premise ...
But in that case that team that is making Barbarian must be sleeping all the time. :-/

Tuco is usually making some legitimate point
You cant be serious right now. laugh laugh laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
You cant be serious right now. laugh laugh laugh
I absolutely am.
I wouldn't expect you to be able to tell, anyway.

Last edited by Tuco; 15/10/21 07:22 AM.

veteran
veteran
Ok then. laugh
But the fact that you are the only one capable of noticing should also help you notice something. wink

veteran
veteran
Ok then. laugh
But the fact that you are the only one capable of noticing should also help you notice something. wink

He's not, but Tuco is usually making some legitimate point even if I don't always agree.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 15/10/21 07:48 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Ok then. laugh
I never said that "I'm the only one able to tell". I'm specifically pointing at *you* being the one poorly equipped for the task.

And if you are wondering where that opinion comes from maybe you should start conCidering your post history.

old hand
old hand
I went and started a brief new playthrough to see if the Bard mod still worked. It did, and the one thing I noticed immediately is that the Vicious Mockery tooltip got changed into something rather jumbled. Opportunity Attack option did too.

More work is being done in the background, I guess.

addict
addict
Anyway, to summarize: it's a new class (incidentally the one that arguably introduced the least amount of novelties), zero new races, a bunch of graphical tweaks and a new area BUT with no raise to level cap.

Eh, maybe it sounds worse that it is, but on paper I'd say that it sounds fairly underwhelming.

P.S. also, not sure what they changed about how they process updates but it's taking forever for me on Steam, while in the past I was always done in mere minutes.

They introduced a change that allows them to introduce smaller iterative changes as and when and not HAVE to bundle those into the big ones. Doesn't mean that large updates like this are in anyway faster to download.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard