Patch 6 for Baldur's Gate 3 is now live!
If you're looking for full patch notes after reading our latest Community Update, you've come to the right place. Read on, brave adventurer! Please note that these patch notes are intended as a guide to what is new in Patch 6 of Baldur’s Gate 3. They are not exhaustive.
Baldur’s Gate 3 - Patch 6 notes
- Added new Grymforge region, an ancient Sharran fortress featuring new content, quests, combat, and mysterious NPCs to face. Added setup for several Grymforge quests in the Underdark.
- Added new Sorcerer class, featuring two unique subclasses: Wild Magic and Draconic Bloodline. - Wild Magic: Embrace chaos and manipulate the forces of chance to gain advantage on attack rolls, ability checks, or saving throws - and potentially trigger a random effect in doing so. Examples include putting everyone around you on fire, gaining teleport as a bonus action or summoning a hostile mephit!
- - Draconic Bloodline: Channel the powers of your dragon ancestors and wield deadly fire, lightning, acid, poison, or cold damage to destroy your enemies.
- Sorcerers of Draconic Bloodline will also gain a spell that matches the ancestor, for example Red Dragon provides access to Burning Hands
- You also gain access to a unique visual customization option in the form of the draconic scales.
- New Sorcerer spells were added:
- Horrific Visage: A new Tadpole Action that makes your enemy bleed and allows the Sorcerer to leech a Sorcery Point off of them.
- Enlarge/Reduce: This new spell alters a character's size, affecting their physical stats in the process.
- Chromatic Orb: A powerful new single-target nuke that allows Sorcerers to hurl a sphere of energy at their foes.
- Cloud of Daggers: This spell protects the caster, surrounding them in a cloud of flying daggers.
- Crown of Madness: As the name suggests, this spell sends an enemy mad, and can cause them to attack their nearby allies.
- Metamagic: Metamagic is the Sorcerer's signature feature which allows you to adapt your spells in the heat of combat. With it, you can increase a spell's range, duration, or hit two enemies simultaneously, among other powerful variations on your spells - making you a powerful and unpredictable presence in battle.
- Added new weapon actions, giving ranged and melee weapons up to three lethal signature moves - now non-magic wielders have more options at their disposal in combat as long as they are proficient with the weapon.
- Heartstopper: Smash an enemy's chest to damage and possibly reduce their actions by one.
- Weakening Strike: Target an enemy's hands with a non-lethal attack to give disadvantage on its Attack Rolls.
- Crippling Strike: Swing at an enemy's legs to prevent them from moving.
- Pommel Strike: Make a non-lethal attack against an enemy to possibly Daze them.
- Piercing Strike: Stab an enemy to damage them that possibly left a Gaping Wounds.
- Backbreaker: Put extra force behind your strike to possibly knock your enemy Prone.
- Flourish: Feint an attack to possibly throw your enemy Off Balance.
- Concussive Smash: Hit an enemy with all your might to deal damage and possibly Daze them.
- Brace: Spend your movement speed to reroll your damage dice.
- Prepare: Spend your movement speed to get an extra damage.
- Piercing Shot: Shoot an enemy to damage them that possibly left a Gaping Wounds.
- Mobile Shot: Make a Ranged Attack after you dash or disengage.
- Massive graphical overhaul.
- Completely revamped lighting system with volumetric fog/lighting.
- Added translucency.
- Added atmospheric scattering.
- Added dynamic clouds.
- Local directional lights.
- Added completely new colour grading and much improved tonemapper and HDR rendering.
- All particles are lit by environment and Global illumination.
- Added support for DLSS 2.3.
- Added support for AMD FSR.
- New orchestral music pack.
- New songs in menu and camp.
- Characters will become dirty, sweaty, bloodied and bruised during their adventures.
- BG3 is now available in Turkish
- Added options to increase font size in dialogues and added a semi-transparent background. These can be set and customized in the settings menu.
- Traders now default to the trade rather than the barter interface.
- You can now drag items in the trade menu.
- You can add bonuses after re-roll.
- Implemented Cut, Copy, and Paste actions for textboxes like Direct Connect and Twitch Extension Secret Key.
- Updated the point-and-click frequency setting to a slider.
- Added race tooltip in the examine panel.
- When a weapon is disarmed, overhead text is now displayed above the affected character.
- Concentration saving throws are now displayed via overhead roll UI.
- Enemy portraits now display concentration.
- Fixed displaced scrollbar when having race-specific skills added during level-up.
- Chance UI now correctly displays bonuses from enchanted equipment.
- Spell container now has a close button.
- You can now split big stacks within the camp chest.
IMPROVEMENTS and ADDITIONS:
- Cinematic polish and improvements for lookats, animation blending, scene snapping, question cameras & updates to rigs and animations.
- We improved the camera system to make camera control feel more fluid.
- Refined some of the background goals in Early Access levels and added new ones in the Grymforge area.
- We’ve introduced a new Goblin prison and updated most Goblins to give them the ability to arrest you. Misbehaving players can also be jailed (and break out) of prison in the Druid's Grove too.
- Added a new prison grate & door where Gut locks the player up.
- The spiders in the Goblin Camp can now jump and escape their lair.
- Spell targeting previews will now jump around less when suggesting alternate casting positions.
- Tweaked start of player dialogue when accessing one of the rooms in the Dank Crypt for the first time.
- Player characters now always comment when they have successfully detected an ambush.
- Improved fire VFX and environment VFX
- Updated Spore Servant Target VFX.
- Updated Silence status VFX.
- Updated VFX texture compression settings for better results on low-end platforms.
- Improvements to glowing eyes & mouth in some Speak with Dead cinematics.
- Improved Auto-Detect graphics settings.
- 5.1 upmix of pre-rendered intro.
- Audio upgrade: New dynamic mixing system improves balance between combat sounds, music, and ambience.
- Added inventory and questlog sections to the BG3 Twitch Extension. Viewers can now highlight certain items in the streamers' inventory at certain times and can also follow where streamer is situated in his current playthrough.
- Updated Automaton animations.
- Improved animation for Human Female characters.
- The Githyanki race now have completely updated gameplay animations.
- Updated Hook Horror animations.
- Improved wing and tail physics for Cambions.
- Improved multiplayer networking in congested scenarios.
- Improved UI feedback for targeting rush spells.
- Added trade goods to Mol within the Druid camp.
- Made Soul Coin into a story item so Nadira won't be able to sell it.
- Added rubble and blocked off the area under the elevator in the Druid Grove so players can't get stuck there anymore.
- Better handling of summoning Lump and his Ogres when there is not enough room for all three.
- Improved the camera direction when entering camp.
- Improvements made to called guards' behaviours.
- Improvements made to Hook Horror's alarm behaviour.
- Added new dialogue options to Wyll's camp dialogue relating to Raphael, and added option for players to agree with Wyll in another quest path.
- Improved Lae'zel's idle animation and scripted behaviour at camp - She now unsheathes her weapon as if ready for combat and will sharpen it if it's a sword type.
- The Captured Thralls in the Nautiloid have been given a new animation for laying down.
- Omeluum of the Society of Brilliance got a new spot for himself after being summoned, and flashy new arcane incantation animations and VFX.
- Consuming Hag Hair has become a lot more visual with added VFX.
- Volo's 4th book was added into the world.
- Reworked visuals of Zhentarim wolves.
- Went over all Novices & True Souls to give them proper prefix & title, and gave them proper Absolute outfits.
- Made sure that NPCs who visually wear a helmet actually do have a helmet equipped (and can drop it).
- Updated colours and light values for Light and Dancing Lights.
- Equippable salami, for meatier combat.
- Slash is now called Lacerate. Rush is now called Rush Attack. Pinning Shot is now called Hamstring Shot
- Updated the high ground rule. Now you'll receive a bonus on attack instead of advantage/disadvantage.
- Lowered Lae'zel's approval requirements slightly for, er, "bedtime romance".
- Silencing aggressive NPCs will now result in combat, while wimpy NPCs will flee.
- Additional Knockout support added to situations.
- Made Vine Door locked by default.
- Adjusted AC calculations to better distinguish between base AC, ability modifiers, and bonus AC. This affects the way Draconic Resilience and Mage Armour are calculated.
- Changed a background goal related to Volo for the Entertainer background.
- Made Idol of Silvanus valuable, because it is valuable.
- Disabled ability to ignite destroyed bowls via use action.
- Falling entities no longer apply force on impact if they don't have enough weight.
- Effect of Tasha's Hideous Laughter is now closer to the effect of Prone condition.
- Radiance of the Dawn now targets enemies instead of non-allied characters.
- Player characters walking into the Blighted Village ambush while dialogue is ongoing will cause the character to be automatically added to the conversation.
- Climbing onto the rooftops near the Blighted Village ambush now automatically reveals the ambushers. Once revealed, the ambushers will react to player characters that are not hidden and start a dialogue.
- Reworked the way Gnoll Multiattack works - they now have a Seething Fury status that lasts for 2 turns; when it's over, the Gnoll unlocks Multiattack.
- Re-assigned Multiattack/Seething Fury across Gnolls to make the encounters fairer.
- Made it so that Gnolls aren't interested in picking up weapons anymore.
- Assigned Halsin's Wildshape action the proper cost, so he does not abuse it.
- Halsin can only use his Bear Multiattack once per fight.
- Made it so that Harpies can now follow you anywhere you go.
- Disabled trading with Gekh Coal until the player peacefully resolves their initial dialogue with Gekh.
- Removed Hunter's Mark from Olodan.
- Nettie's bird will no longer spot you sneaking around.
- Fixed the imps' crossbow so that it's now a light crossbow.
- Made Bernard & his Animated Armors immune to magical sleep.
- Slightly decreased Duergar HP throughout the game.
- Tweaked The Spectator's Petrified Drow stats, equipment, visuals, spells.
- Improved behaviour & visuals of throwable boulders around Ogres.
- Increased the chance that an NPC doesn't break their invisibility immediately after having applied it.
- Animals will now not understand when their allies are magically controlled, and will not try to help them anymore.
- Creatures made of metal are now affected completely by Heat Metal spell.
- Adjusted the trigger area for the ambush at the Decrepit Village.
- Gekh's henchmen now use their innate invisibility to hide themselves for the ambush at the Decrepit Village.
- Fishers at the crash site will react to player crimes.
- Characters who follow another character into the Underdark via the secret entrance will die if they do not fulfill requirements to survive.
- Made improvements to the Sleep status of the Bugbear in the abandoned village. Initiating combat will make him wake up, because no one is that sleepy.
- Shadowheart will now react to the box being used by another character based on how far away she is from them. Using the box from the inventory will close it if needed.
- Removed the ability to speak with Shadowheart after she runs away in the Nautiloid.
- Rurik has been given behaviour adjustments and fixes.
- Adjusted movement pattern for Cyrel so she does not step in her friend's blood.
- Priestess Gut's combat AI now has a greater bias to buff herself and her allies.
- Minotaur combat archetype added.
- Hook Horrors and Minotaurs now prefer attacking the Bulette.
- Minotaur's Gore action now requires a strength saving throw to push targets.
- Increased the amount that the Bulette heals when it burrows.
- The Bulette now prefers to attack monstrosities.
- Changed Torgga's armor to leather and updated her visuals to reflect the armour she wears.
- Slightly reduced combat AI's bias to use Sleep and several other Incapacitating conditions.
- Combat AI can now reason about shoving allies with the intent to remove Sleep status.
- Combat AI now have a greater bias against damaging allies than before.
- Fixed Inwe not having correct speed for her race as Wood Elf.
- Halsin's Bear form now has the Dismiss Wildshape spell.
- Added Jump spell to Cambions in the tutorial to prevent rare instances where they could get stuck.
- Changed Rugan's equipment and changed the visuals to match.
- Animated Armor combat AI is less smart.
- Animated Armors and Bugbears should no longer be able to use weapon actions.
- Weight threshold for Large creatures changed from 250kg to 200kg.
- Adjusted Deep Rothé calf and flaming sphere to 199kg.
- Reduced the number of consumable scrolls available to many enemy NPCs.
- Bugbears now drop their morning stars when killed.
- Bugbear morning star now does 1d8 damage instead of 2d8.
- Bugbear now has the brute passive to deal extra 1d8 damage.
- Changed void bulb to require a Dex saving throw (DC 14).
- Void bulb now does 1d4 damage on failed save - previously it did 1 damage.
- Oak Father's Embrace effect will now only be triggered when the attack hits.
- Tweaked Shadowheart’s Ability score. Reduced her CHA and increased her STR.
- Gekh Coal's Animate Dead can only be used on humanoid, small or medium, non-monstrosity targets.
- Revamped myconid combat and gave them archetypes: Restless, Mossy and Noxious.
- Made it so that Gnolls approaching the collapsed bridge will jump across the gap, should they need to.
- Decreased the amount of resources gained by Druid & other spellcasting bosses upon level up.
- Added a 2 turns immunity to Harpies’ Lured if you manage to resist it. If you do get Lured, then Lured replaces Luring Song for better clarity.
- Made sure that Luring Song is considered a Charm spell, and can be dispelled by spells addressing those.
- Gave melee Harpies the Stone Throw action as fallback, should they be unable to reach the player.
- Made sure Wood Elf NPCs inherit all the traits & features they should.
- Fixed a crash when loading a cross-save while the save was still syncing.
- Fixed a potential crash triggered when the unfortunate Gnome is freed.
- Fixed a possible crash in EffectHandler.
- Fixed combat in multiplayer possibly causing a crash for other players in a different fight.
- Fixed a common issue where NPCs sometimes react to Druid Wildshapes that are no longer active.
- Fixed attack roll with off-hand weapon not applying a bonus from the ability modifier.
- Made several places and items reachable that weren't before.
- Fixed bugs on ladder climbing animations for Druid that was Wildshaped into Wolf and Deep Rothe.
- There is more consistent access to lockpicking and key use when freeing Liam from the torture rack.
- After Gekh tells the player about Thrinn's boots the player can hand them over without restarting the dialogue, if they have already found the boots.
- Fixed some doors that allowed you to jump through the gaps, because doors shouldn't do that.
- Fixed damage bonuses that weren't showing up in the Character Sheet and action tooltips.
- Fixed issue where options were not saving properly after resetting and relaunching the game.
- Resting will no longer break Fighting Style: Protection
- Fixed bug where Mol wouldn't return stolen belongings..
- Fixed twin versions of characters in certain cinematic scenes.
- Summoned creatures are now unsummoned when the caster is incapacitated.
- Equipping a lit torch now correctly applies gameplay light to the carrier.
- Fixed some destroyed objects not playing their destruct animations.
- Fixed ragdolls not updating when corpses are moved.
- Fixed Mystra projection.
- Moonbeam can no longer be moved with alt+left click drag.
- Fixed microphone from unmuting when joining a lobby on Stadia.
- Fixed duergar spore servant dialogues in the Myconid Colony.
- Reference model of the Spiderling is no longer present in the spell.
- Fixed the dummy appearing for the door backdraft effect.
- Fixed some issues with Direct Connect.
- Fixed being able to walk though standing light sources.
- Fixed fade to black sometimes persisting for too long in some cinematics.
- Owlbear Cub and Scratch acknowledgment dialogue will now correctly trigger if the other dies
- Fixed issue where the narrator speaks over cinematics in multiplayer.
- Fixed the missing character sounds after critical hits.
- Fixed Goblin War Cry not being usable by the combat AI.
- Fixed some non-damage spells removing Mask of Regret status.
- Fixed Gekh Coals passives not being in line with a regular Duergar.
- Fixed one of the Minotaur's passives not having display text.
- Added a ranged spell for Boooal to use if he is stuck and can't reach targets in melee.
- Fixed a potential blocker in multiplayer when one player is requesting to go to camp, while the other player is entering combat.
- Fixed issue where characters would move through a door and try to open it from the other side.
- Combat AI: fixed AI skipping a turn after using a supporting action and then getting interrupted in the following action.
- Fixed keyboard input rotating the camera when entering character name in the character creator.
- Fixed launcher scaling on low resolution or screens with DPI scaling enabled.
- Fixed not being able to drag an item from the world into a container.
- Fixed characters floating upwards when picking up a container or other items they collide with.
- Fixed several item interactions not working while in turn based mode.
- Fixed items sometimes falling through the platforms they're placed on.
- Fixed multiple Mindmeld cinematics.
- Shadowheart will now talk to players again after being resurrected at the chapel entrance.
- Shadowheart will now talk to players again even if they used Lae'zel to free her.
- Added a couple more metal ladders around Dror Ragzlin.
- Fixed issue where Rush spell could be applied to targets at a different elevation, allowing the caster to reach positions they shouldn't be able to reach.
- Fixed downed players/companions getting knocked out when hit with a non-lethal attack.
- Gave Yerle & Erna a metal ladder instead of a wooden one. Also tweaked their spells, items, and visuals.
- Changed colour of Outpost Spiders.
- Fixed issue where the attack button in Ellyka's dialogue did not initiate combat.
- Added missing content to 'Origins of Zhentarim' book.
- Fixed inventory overlapping hotbar when there is a lot of items
- Fixed issue where the well in Blighted Village couldn't be used a second time.
- Fixed localization having issues with symbols `«` and `»`.
- Fixed overlapping text on the map UI, triggered when player can't travel because of danger.
- Thulla now waits for players to be close enough before talking.
- Killing Sovereign Spaw now completes Glut's quest.
- Chill Touch tooltip now properly shows duration of 1 turn.
- Made sure Hobgoblins & Bugbears cannot use tunnels reserved for Goblins.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from talking to a rat in the Torturer's room of Goblin Camp.
- The correct voiceline is now spoken when you succeed the arcana check on the Illithid device in the transformation room of the Nautiloid.
- The player character now correctly addresses the state of the Forest area after teleporting there from the Underdark via a Fairy Ring.
- Fixed several issues with the Mobile feat.
- Fixed Halsin's Bear Wildshape's weapon attack.
- If the player dismisses Glut from the party after accepting his quest - Avenge Glut's Circle - Glut will wait at the Ebonlake Grotto instead of the Decrepit Village.
- Fixed a bug where attacking Spaw manually (instead of through dialog) during the Avenge Glut's Circle quest prevented the Myconids from becoming neutral after Spaw is killed.
- Fixed a bug where Glut's quest - Avenge Glut's Circle - would not proceed correctly if Spaw was attacked by a player character other than the character that Glut was following.
- Fixed an issue where high approval with Shadowheart causes her default dialogue to stop playing.
- If Shadowheart is not in your party and is unconscious during the voice of the Absolute event on the Goblin bridge, she will now die.
- Fixed an issue with one of Lae'zel's lines lacking audio in the Nautiloid helm.
- Sneaking and invisible characters are no longer excluded from the initial Nautiloid helm dialog.
- The dragon scene on the Nautiloid upper deck now also plays for characters in combat.
- Shadowheart will no longer take offense when players attack the captured thralls on the Nautiloid.
- The Mindflayer on the Nautiloid will now only betray the player once all present devils have been taken out.
- Fixed an issue where companions recruited on the Nautiloid did not trigger the devil reinforcements at the Nautiloid helm.
- Fixed an issue where the dialogue with the transponder did not start.
- Liam now correctly escapes the torture room if torture rack is destroyed while he is awake.
- Fixed journal bugs in "Find the Missing Boots" quest.
- Players now can take Gekh Coal's quest if they resolved his situation peacefully but refused the initial quest offer.
- Fixed a bug with Thulla's dialogue ending abruptly if you steal her boots then heal her with noblestalk.
- Thulla now has Boots of Speed actually equipped.
- Fixed issue related to ambushes when a player jumped to their death into an ambush/dialogue trigger.
- Added and revised passive skill descriptions, tooltips, spells, and statuses throughout.
- Added missing effect for Warlock's Armour of Shadows.
- Added crime reactions to being charmed, polymorphed, dominated.
- Added revised origin tag description to Gale.
- Fixed a bug where kids would attack you if you failed to Detect their Thoughts. They flee now.
- Replaced the conversation to rescue Benryn by a roll if he's already on fire.
- Fixed issue where an illusory wall would join the combat order.
- Fixed issue where Fezzerk's goblins would attack Wyll on sight rather than start his dialogue.
- Fixed issue where Gale's illusory double would remain around if the conversation with him is skipped.
- Made the hag's illusory double vanish when attacked.
- Fixed the hag's quest not closing if you knock out her guest.
- Arron's items are now owned by him.
- Performance fix for when killing NPCs out of combat.
- Feedback when non-guard NPCs notice you Wildshape/disguise after a prison break. Now they'll report this to guards.
- Fixed persuasion DCs in theft and pickpocket interrogation dialogues that were too easy.
- A repaired gate will be in Sylvanus' Grove during the siege, if it had previously been destroyed beforehand.
- Goblin leaders can now be defeated non-lethally.
- The all-out attack of the Druids now considers characters that have been disabled non-lethally.
- Fixed bug where the game considered Volo to still be in the Grove after he left.
- Fixed issue where Wyll and/or Shadowheart fail to properly react when in combat with Druids, after dying during the Goblin attack at the gate and being resurrected.
- Added a line to Halsin's dialogue that makes it sound like he made it to the Druid Camp all by himself if that wasn't the case.
- Fixed when a combination of events would keep Nettie from reacting properly once she reached her workshop.
- Tieflings will now vacate Druid's Grove if too many are killed or have left.
- Fixed a bug where a goblin would randomly show up in the Grove if all druids were killed.
- Druid's Grove ritual now requires at least one druid to remain alive in order to trigger.
- Fixed bugs with the gatekeeper of the grove.
- If player triggers Druids attacking Tieflings and then leaves the Grove, the ritual does not immediately complete.
- Fixed Goblin Camp not becoming hostile after certain outcomes of Minthara's betrayal.
- Tweaked certain texts that did not match voice recordings.
- The Silvanus' Grove waypoint will now be unlocked after combat when Zevlor invites everyone inside.
- Scratch can now accept all the pets again, as he is a very good boy.
- Ormn is no longer picky about his fish and will eat them again.
- Sazza will now correctly become hostile if betrayed during her escape.
- The Owlbear Cub will no longer spawn then disappear from camp when all the Goblin leaders are killed.
- Druids will turn hostile if the Rite of Thorns is interrupted by the death of any of the 5 druids performing the ritual.
- Fixed and improved interaction between Abdirak and the goblins Spike and Lookout Grush.
- Replaced several books in the Druid Grove by the stone tablets. Tweaked the position of several books.
- Lae'zel can't be revived after being killed in camp during the night where everyone feels sick. Other companions won't turn hostile when Lae'zel is killed during this scene.
- Minor fixes to the combat AI of the tutorial Imps.
- Nadira will now stay at range and throw rocks instead of trying to attack the Bugbear in melee.
- Fixed Torgga's passives to be consistent with that of a Duergar.
- Fixed Halsin's Dash spell not appearing on hotbar when in Bear form.
- Fixed Minotaur, Owlbear, and Hook Horror jump spells not playing intended AoEs.
- Fixed Bugbear now having proficiency with its morning star.
- Fixed missing items in trade UI.
- Fixed wrong skill values in tooltips in character creation.
- Selune Fort in the Underdark will become a much cosier place when the gem powering the protection statues is destroyed.
- Made sure poor Bernard can climb ladders.
- Fixed Goblins that had the wrong AI archetype.
- Updated item descriptions for a variety of items to make their gameplay links more clear.
- Characters affected by a Loss of Control status like Surprised or Stunned now have overhead text display above them on their turn.
- Fixed gameplay issues on Hag's Second Marriage wand.
- Fixed VFX for Hallucination Spores.
- Improved navigation around Gnoll Flind fight by making certain rocks walkable.
- Made sure Pack Tactics can solely be used by Wolves & Hyenas.
- Made sure that the camera stops on a singing Harpy.
- Fixed certain wall sconces throughout the game that could not be lit.
- Gave Ebonlake ships better names.
- Made sure Drow NPCs had Fey Ancestry.
- Improved Gehk Coal combat experience by making it possible to shoot through and walk through certain decor items.
- Improved UX of Gut's shield's Bless/Bane spell ("Word of the Absolute").
- Plea at the Gates: improved navigation by making the flat rock in front of Zevlor accessible to walk on.
- Gave Minthara proper Drow armour - changed from ringmail to leather.
- Fixed crash site's Intellect Devourer that could get stuck trying to jump down its platform.
- Fixed opening multiple instances of the Pickpocket UI when attempting to repeatedly pickpocket.
- Fixed character models disappearing sometimes when changing into too many disguises.
- Gave Lone Duergar a chill pill so he no longer becomes hostile even if you persuade him to calm down.
- Fixed wrong footstep sounds in various location.
- Fixed missing Imp Sound Vocalization Feedback.
- Fixed Twitch extension secret key field visibility when it is not filled in.
- Passives now correctly display additional description.
- Fixed ability to pin tooltips infinitely.
- Fixed world map not matching minimap alignment.
- Spell tooltips now correctly show recharge times.
- Fixed jump icon keep blinking after it was used.
- Fixed reward UI not showing after loading when quick saving while the UI was open.
- Fixed "downed" UI disappearing after loading savegame with downed characters.
- You can't attack containers inside your inventory anymore.
- Fixed wrongly aligned elements of lobby.
- Fixed Double Iron Doors animation.
- Fixed issue that appeared when lockpicking a chest within your inventory.
- Fixed the super loud Pig squeal on the Tutorial transponder. No pigs were harmed in this patch.
- Fixed Dwarves having delayed activation of beards; hair now remains luscious.
- Fixed issue where Wildshapes would keep custom visuals.
- Downed players and companions no longer get knocked out when hit with a non-lethal attack.
- "Critical Hit!" text no longer appears on screen when a downed character is hit with a non-lethal attack.
- Fixed crashes after ending the tutorial.
- Auntie Ethel's Hair reward now gives the character a stat boost as intended.
- Stacked items will no longer disappear from the hotbar if one of them is thrown.
- Broken ladders can be climbed again.
- Fixed Moon Gate puzzle issue triggered when leaving the area, saving, or reloading.
- Fixed issue blocking players from speaking with Fezzerk after he is knocked out using a Non-Lethal Attack.
- Stopped certain items from being duplicated after being dropped by an enemy.
Note: Stadia has not yet been updated to Patch 6 - this will follow shortly.
Last edited by Macros_Larian; 22/10/21 05:33 PM.
Incredible range of fixes. So many cool changes. Playing in multiplayer with 4 sorcerers right now. lol
The Graphic updates are mindblowing. We cannot even shut up about them. The fire and shadows, contrast. Just amazing.
Last edited by Blackheifer; 14/10/21 07:19 PM.
Steam thinks this will be a 37.7 GB download. Is that accurate?
76.x GB here on Gog...because of the doubling up on the downloaded files needed by the patch & installation process of the game, so 37.7GB sounds about right for the total size of the installed & patched game...(the size up to this point in time, that is... we know not what the future shall bring...;))
I am inordinately pleased at such a short interval between the announcement announcing the announcement of the patch, and the patch itself...;) Just a few days!
Bravo Larian! I had expected at least a couple of weeks
between the announcement of the announcement announcing the patch, and the patch itself! Thank you Larian--heartfelt it is...!
I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
I guess it's not coming to stadia today. Please don't forget that the game costs the same on stadia as it does on Steam and GOG. It would really be great if the patches were released at the same time as well. I guess I'll keep waiting until I hear that it has been posted to stadia.
It's 36,2 GB on Steam, but I loaded it in about an hour time. Which is much faster than the patch 4 big update. I think that one was double the size, but it took me 18 hours.
My network hasn't improved that much, I think, so the load seems to have been optimised quite a bit.
Note: Mac and Stadia have not yet been updated to Patch 6 - this will follow shortly.
How shortly? I was hoping to take Monday off from work.
The day BGIII Early Access was available I purchased a copy on Steam so my wife can play it on her Mac or I can play on my Mac (family sharing on Steam let's us both play the game just not simultaneously). I also bought a copy for me on Stadia, not just because the game wouldn't load on Steam for several hours that day, but because I prefer playing games on Stadia and having copies on both platforms would allow us to play multiplayer.
Cool! Patch 6 is out today, let's go play it on our Mac... no? not yet?
Oh, okay, let's go open Stadia and create a Sorcerer in Patch 6...what? The patch isn't available on Stadia yet either?
The patch looks great guys, and thank you very much for all the hard work bringing these improvement to your players on PC, and eventually to the rest of us, but why the delay in deploying to Mac and Stadia?
I had missed the very end of the Panel from Hell earlier today, but just watched that part, and at the very end Sven does mention that they are having some technical issues with the Stadia version, which is why Patch 6 hasn't been released there yet.
Well, now a few things here with the new patch. I thought this was supposed to be a 60GB update if I read an early post correctly from Larian. 2nd What happened to our "Panel From Hell"? Guess we aren't getting one this time?
Now after reading through all of the patch notes we did get the Equippable Salami for meatier combat like they said we would get. Still think it would have been better to find that out on our own. No Level 5 increase or Paladin which we already knew we were getting the Sorcer instead. But we did get a new area which will make this worth another playthrough maybe a couple of them. As I'm looking forward to checking out the new area, to be honest with you there. After all, I'm really curious to find out what new weapons and armor this forge adds to the game as well as or quests. Hopefully, it's better than the Drow sword which didn't impress me at all.
2nd What happened to our "Panel From Hell"? Guess we aren't getting one this time? .
Uh, we had one almost 8 hours ago.
You didn't miss much except for Swen playing through the new content (with his usual "brisky and wacky" playstyle) and spoiling it for you, though.
Last edited by Tuco; 14/10/21 11:30 PM.
I can't find a link for this Panel from Hell. I missed it, too. Perhaps they linked to it from some platform I'm not on, or something. (Twitter? I'm not on Twitter.)
I read through the patch notes, though, and this patch looks great. Can't wait to play.
I guess they had it while I was sleeping since I work 3rd shift. Glad to see it was nothing exciting and I'll playthrough the game myself it will make it more entertaining for me.