Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
B
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
WTF?! For 3 days I've been playing the game this time through and had gotten a good distance through the game. I laid down to get some sleep and when I woke up and went to play the game all my saves were gone! it's like I hadn't even played at all. I had everyone up to 3rd level and had 3k in gold.

Are you saying the savegame files also disappeared from your hard drive (i.e. the savegame folder is now empty)?

veteran
veteran
So ... i finaly get to the end and i was really exited to see that this location leads straight to Moonrise Towers ...
I was looking forward for some teaser as we had with that gate to Grymforge. Sadly there is none ... or at least none was showing to me. frown

Also the scene where our Tav summarizes what happened so far is gone ... and i must ask why? It was great. frown

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 21/10/21 07:04 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
D
D
Originally Posted by Oliwall
Communication is key and we have none right now. How long before someone tells us what is really happening here? I am worried for the future of the game on those platforms. Will we always get everything late? Because if so, maybe you should advertise it as such.
Well, Google might very well pull plug on Stadia before BG3 is released, so I would certainly be worried for the Stadia version, but not really because of anything related to Larian. I wouldn't be worried for the Mac versions, they're probably just PITA (or at least additional work - Apple's very specialâ„¢ proprietary APIs and also their new CPUs/GPUs being relatively new) to implement.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Oliwall
Communication is key and we have none right now. How long before someone tells us what is really happening here? I am worried for the future of the game on those platforms. Will we always get everything late? Because if so, maybe you should advertise it as such.

Yes indeed, and I agree that only saying 'soon' in one week is not how you do it. How hard can it be to post a daily update saying something like: 'hey still working on it, no eta, or sorry no real eta but don't expect it this week'.
The only conclusion for me is that either, there is no one at Larian whose job function includes communication on social media, PR and with the community , or that they are grossly incompetent, or that they are simply on leave. In either case, it comes across as utterly offensive, it takes literally less than a minute to send out a tweet or forum post. Definitely leaving the "clunky and edgy meme-lord" style of communication and moving into simply 'not nice' territory ...

I understand EA, i bought the game, I can also understand delays and whatever, but I don't think that an honest and direct communication is asked too much, ...

Moreover, this goes beyond the stadia/mac patch delay too. How hard can it be to also finally answer some of the issues on these forum ?

Silence is really hard to interpret you know.... so if an issue (e.g. Day night cycle) wont be addressed, simply tell us please, most of us are adults (or can behave like adults) so that we can move on and focus our attempts at making the game better on other issues. Kinda disappointing, really....

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SerraSerra
How hard can it be to post a daily update saying something like: 'hey still working on it, no eta, or sorry no real eta but don't expect it this week'.
Unnecesary harsh, but honest answer:
Aproximately same hard as resisting to post "patch 6 on mac and stadia when" every day ...

I wonder if anyone can manage that. laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by SerraSerra
How hard can it be to post a daily update saying something like: 'hey still working on it, no eta, or sorry no real eta but don't expect it this week'.
Unnecesary harsh, but honest answer:
Aproximately same hard as resisting to post "patch 6 on mac and stadia when" every day ...

I wonder if anyone can manage that. laugh

Except I am not an employee of a company who is supposed to handle communication... Aka, I am not getting payed to write about BG3, while I suspect Larian has or at least should have someone on their payroll who should be in charge of this...
In case Larian would need someone for this, consider this an open application, I can def. double Larian's external customer oriented communication relative to the current output. For a permanent contract, 38hrs workweek, and decent (Belgian) salary I promise Larian that I would be able to send out minimally two tweets a week and answer 1 question a day on either forums, reddit, discord, or steam. Take it or leave it, ... wink

V
V_Ben Offline OP
Ben_Larian
OP Offline
Ben_Larian
V
Hey all - just letting you know that I'm reading your comments and taking them on board. Stadia and Mac are still being worked on - no news to share yet, waiting for solid info on the Patch's release before sharing more.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks Ben, really, this kind of message is all I asked for, hope you can sort the issues out and release it soon. Please keep us in the loop in case more info becomes available.

V
V_Ben Offline OP
Ben_Larian
OP Offline
Ben_Larian
V
I will do! Patch 6 is a massive graphical and technical overhaul on all platforms - as soon as I have more info I'll share it everywhere smile

stranger
stranger
Wow, what a roll on the random encounter table

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by V_Ben
I will do! Patch 6 is a massive graphical and technical overhaul on all platforms - as soon as I have more info I'll share it everywhere smile

Question about this, the changes are not going to change the minimal requirements are they?

Like the original mac specs required to play the game will stay the same right?

It would suck to have bought the game a year ago, but with massive graphical changes over the course of a few years for official release then being too much for the system?

veteran
veteran
Hey all - just letting you know that I'm reading your comments and taking them on board. Stadia and Mac are still being worked on - no news to share yet, waiting for solid info on the Patch's release before sharing more.

Thank you.

Any chance we get Expertise for Rogues and Sneak Attack as a toggle to let us proc it offhand if we miss mainhand (1 per turn, of course)? It seems like a pretty big nerf to have Rogues as yhey are ingame.

Don't you just hate it when people with dumb opinions have nice avatars?
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by TomReneth
Any chance we get Expertise for Rogues and Sneak Attack as a toggle to let us proc it offhand if we miss mainhand (1 per turn, of course)? It seems like a pretty big nerf to have Rogues as yhey are ingame.

+1. Totally agree. And now off hand's a pain. You can't just click on the enemy to attack a second time. You have to click the offhand button first. And I hate how, by default, it has it toggled to just attack both with main and offhand. So many bonus actions wasted because rogue kills with main hand but follows up right away with offhand unless you remember to toggle to single. Just get rid of that toggle and allow the player to click the enemy again if they want to attack with offhand. And provide toggling for Sneak Attack with either main or offhand, and make it automatically applied only if they hit based on the toggle. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to hit the Sneak Attack button before attacking. Plus, making it automatic would cut down on the need for 2 buttons on the hotbar. Solasta does this. Why doesn't BG3? Solasta just has rogue auto Sneak Attack when conditions align.

And if Action allowance calls for more than one attack with main hand, first 2 attacks are main and 3rd is offhand. Simple. You control each strike. No extra button presses.

Last edited by GM4Him; 21/10/21 05:28 PM.
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Originally Posted by TomReneth

+1. Totally agree. And now off hand's a pain. You can't just click on the enemy to attack a second time. You have to click the offhand button first. And I hate how, by default, it has it toggled to just attack both with main and offhand. So many bonus actions wasted because rogue kills with main hand but follows up right away with offhand unless you remember to toggle to single. Just get rid of that toggle and allow the player to click the enemy again if they want to attack with offhand. And provide toggling for Sneak Attack with either main or offhand, and make it automatically applied only if they hit based on the toggle. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to hit the Sneak Attack button before attacking. Plus, making it automatic would cut down on the need for 2 buttons on the hotbar. Solasta does this. Why doesn't BG3? Solasta just has rogue auto Sneak Attack when conditions align.

And if Action allowance calls for more than one attack with main hand, first 2 attacks are main and 3rd is offhand. Simple. You control each strike. No extra button presses.
Colossus Slayer for Hunter is already automatic, so there is that...

Don't you just hate it when people with dumb opinions have nice avatars?
addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
So ... i finaly get to the end and i was really exited to see that this location leads straight to Moonrise Towers ...
I was looking forward for some teaser as we had with that gate to Grymforge. Sadly there is none ... or at least none was showing to me. frown

Also the scene where our Tav summarizes what happened so far is gone ... and i must ask why? It was great. frown

Grymforge was always in the previous EA releases, but in an unfinished state. You could get to Grymforge to explore ( doing so was really unintuitive ) but most of the story elements were missing.

I think Larian originally intended Grymforge to be available when EA started, but it didn't make the cut; so they included an end-of-line cut-scene to prevent you getting to Grymforge, using assets already in the EA. I'm sure this was considered the most ikely route most players would choose to take (Good/Halsin/Underdark).

As far as I know, Moonrise Towers, the Githyanki Creche and other Risen Road locations mentioned in the EA are not currently available in EA assets, so when you try to leave the EA anywhere else, you just get the world map.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Baronvonheadless

Question about this, the changes are not going to change the minimal requirements are they?

Like the original mac specs required to play the game will stay the same right?

It would suck to have bought the game a year ago, but with massive graphical changes over the course of a few years for official release then being too much for the system?

It shouldn't do, but you might not be able to benefit from certain updates that are computationally expensive. Other changes are likely just new algorithms that produce a more pleasing outcome at the same computational cost, so everyone can benefit.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by etonbears
Grymforge was always in the previous EA releases, but in an unfinished state. You could get to Grymforge to explore ( doing so was really unintuitive ) but most of the story elements were missing.

I think Larian originally intended Grymforge to be available when EA started, but it didn't make the cut; so they included an end-of-line cut-scene to prevent you getting to Grymforge, using assets already in the EA. I'm sure this was considered the most ikely route most players would choose to take (Good/Halsin/Underdark).

As far as I know, Moonrise Towers, the Githyanki Creche and other Risen Road locations mentioned in the EA are not currently available in EA assets, so when you try to leave the EA anywhere else, you just get the world map.
Those are all good points ...
Yet i feel a little disapointed still, since i hoped for a little teaser and i didnt get it. :P

I mean i didnt want much, in previous patches all we got was sight on that huge gate ... so just some ascending in the elevator, shocked expression in our party faces, then quick turn of camera to shadowcursed lands ... and CUT ... that would be awesome. :3

But we got what we got ... i get that ofcourse. laugh

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Loaded up steam and some time in the last 24 hours a 12 mb patch has occurred, yet no info as to what was included in it?
I've my fingers crossed it's level 5+

edit - It wasn't frown

Last edited by Montiness; 24/10/21 08:29 AM. Reason: additional Information

Take Care, Have Fun and Bee Well!
addict
addict
Yes, I agree, it would have been fun to add something other than the overland map to mark progress through the EA process.

I guess Larian consider the Panel from Hell episodes to be providing that sense of EA progress, but I find them to be variable in their usefulness.

I did like Patch 6 overall; visually improved (although darkvision doesn't seem right at the moment ), nice additional content details to find, and combat seems to take less time, so it feels less annoying.

I'd still like to get the Vulkan version working under Linux, as there were a number of instances with the DX11 version where the cinematics only played the audio, which did not occur in previous patches.

Progress, at least. smile

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard