Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
journeyman
journeyman
The Prestidigitation cantrip, which is in the PHB, should be able to clean up dirt and grime off someone's face.

https://5e.tools/spells.html#prestidigitation_phb

S
S
I am sure the clothing is impregnated

A toggle option for this feature would be nice

addict
addict
gee, the Internet is truly killing happiness. Nothing is ever good enough.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Lastman
gee, the Internet is truly killing happiness. Nothing is ever good enough.

Weird statement to put in a suggestion forum don't you think?

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
I agree that there needs to be an option to toggle it.

I also think it should be more situational. The dirt appears and builds up much too fast just based on time. It's a little jarring. It makes sense to get bloody in a battle or dirty trekking through a swamp, but not just strolling around the grove.

Having places you can go to clean up would also help with immersion.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
Originally Posted by fallenj
Originally Posted by colinl8
It's definitely a work in progress, no question, but it's got serious potential.

This and no toggle

You gotta keep the DOS2 fans happy.

Wait...I'm a DOS2 fan because I want a toggle option on a graphic filter? Fine if you don't agree with me but ease on the insults will ya smile

I must be also

veteran
veteran
It's definitely a work in progress, no question, but it's got serious potential.

This and no toggle

Wait...I'm a DOS2 fan because I want a toggle option on a graphic filter? Fine if you don't agree with me but ease on the insults will ya smile

lol, is being a DOS2 fan an insult?

Last edited by JandK; 06/11/21 05:17 PM.
addict
addict

This and no toggle

Never played it and I want to turn it off.

I didn't pay for a game to look ugly all the time.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think it is pretty good considering it a work in progress. Dirt on armor with dried blood etc. would improve the grime system and you are hardly going to polish your bloody armor when you rest, pun intended. I mean if you could disable it I see no problem but the number of filters, options etc. already requested could cause more issues than solve. I just want Larian to complete the game, they are generally very good at adding to their products release anyway. I am looking forward to real mod support for that reason.

veteran
veteran
Oh, just to mention, I'm loving the new look. The blood on the face, fantastic.

I'm on Stadia, so maybe it's different than what others are experiencing, or have experienced (meaning, maybe they updated it somewhat when the patch went live on Stadia, I don't know).

Anyway, it all looks great. And I don't feel like it happens too fast at all. So, for whatever it's worth, it's working well for me.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by JandK
lol, is being a DOS2 fan an insult?

Certaintly not in any normal case but considering how much I detest Larians "inspiration" taken from their earlier games and how quite vocal I've been about how it affects my vision of bg3, in this situation...very much so 😆

addict
addict
After playing for a while, it is actually really good. The armors also get blood/dirt.

The little bruises and cuts on the face look fantastic and adds a lot. The mud on the face can be toned down though.

addict
addict
Yes, There have been some requesting a "dirtier" look, feeling that shining armors and impeccable clothes didn't feel quite immersive enough. And even though it didn't bother me I can see their reasoning.

But now you gave us this....

https://imgur.com/a/gCX7y2c (I didn't figure out how to embedd the pic)

An impeccable dress...but my character is dirty! And not the good kind. I'm a sorceress, I don't get my hands dirty.

Since the dirt filter obviously only affect our characters' bodies and not the clothes...may I suggest a toggle option for this.

I agree. Although I like that they could get dirty or bloodied after a battle. In some instances it seems like a bit much, especially with the dirt. Maybe they can tone it down a little. The dirt on the face looks more like dark, running makeup after being caught in the rain...lol.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard