Page 1 of 2 1 2
#792960 15/10/21 08:47 AM
U
Ulgrym Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
I realize a lot of folks are liking this patch, but I really can't stand it. The ONLY thing I like is some of the new head / face choices for starting characters. Colors seem washed out and blurred in Character Creation. Shortened quickbar, not good. Darker environment, meh can take that or leave it. New Githyanki idle poses ... nope. I haven't even made it to the deck, and I can't stand it. Switching back to Patch 5 and see if they address any of these things in a hot fix.

I personally found the brighter colors better. And the clothing you start with is somewhat tattered anyway.

F
addict
addict
F
For me it's being stuck @ level 4, honestly.

I totally love the new graphics, also the sourcerer is very interesting, but I need to be able to progress further as a character to feel motivation to continue.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
veteran
veteran
A lot of additions so far are a spit shine. And while the game looks far, far, far better, and conversation less jank, and game runs well again, it is more or less the same experience. Sorcerer, as expected, aren't terribly exciting, but new spells at least provide some thing new to play with.

I think it's a good update, and much needed one, graphic wise, but not something that makes the run interesting again. Hopefully the new area will be worth the tedium of getting there. The game does make me go "UuuUUU! Shiny!" on a regular basis, and whoever claims that framerate doesn't matter in a turn-based game is a twat. Ladders still confuse companions though :-(

addict
addict
Yeah UI is indeed worse than it was no clue what were they thinking. It was kinda bad as it was and to make it even worse...
The main bar is still elevated from the bottom of the screen for no good reason and the reaction and metamagice huds are to small and horribal. Why do those icones need to be so huge in the first place???

Instead of more slots and space we get less slots playing a caster was tedios before now is even worse... I bag of you give us the Ui from the first screenshots of pre EA build as an option if nothing else. Ow and it 2021 pop up radial - pie menus and submenus are a thing in this day and age.

The only justififcation for the new Ui would be if we would get max party cap of 6 and we would need more space for portraits. If that's not the case, i would really like to know why we need all that dead space on the left of UI.

Last edited by Lastman; 15/10/21 06:18 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lastman
The only justififcation for the new Ui would be if we would get max party cap of 6 and we would need more space for portraits. If that's not the case, i would really like to know why we need all that dead space on the left of UI.
I doubt it's fully intentional. The UI as was had character's icon as a central piece - it stayed this way. The old UI couldn't support new weapon skills as they vary in amount now, so they were added as skills. Reaction Menu was used as a tamplate for metamagic. It will no doubt receive inmprovements before release, but I hope they will go further then just optimise what they have.

veteran
veteran
how is the performance? my i5 - 4670k was struggling enough with the previous patch, i hate to imagine what it's going to be like now

Banned
Banned
Downloaded out of boredom and haven't made it out of the ship either. Sorcerers look cool, but frankly they're not different enough from mage to warrant the druid treatment, wish they'd released them alongside barbarians or something. Also not a fan of how much the player character talks when moving around.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Innateagle
Downloaded out of boredom and haven't made it out of the shit either. Sorcerers look cool, but frankly they're not different enough from mage to warrant the druid treatment, wish they'd released them alongside barbarians or something. Also not a fun of how much the player character talks when moving around.

You can turn that off you know, when the character is talking. Just check audio.
There is so much you can adjust. People aren't looking anymore, but write before they check.
It is still EA. If you know it doesn't add that much to warrant a full game, just come back when it is done. It is going to be a couple of months until the next big update. So live with it. There is more to life than this game wink

BG fan - Kivan and Jan all the way!
addict
addict
My thoughts on the patch are that I made it as far as Zevlor trying to arrest me immediately after his initial dialogue, then Shadowheart's Grove recruitment dialogue bugged out in the middle, making her un-recruitable. My MC has a face so filthy it looks like she rolled in shit, everyone elses faces are clean.

The game now also seems to cook my PC with far worse prefomance all round. 10/10

Oh, and pressing space in dialogue still auto selects the first choice if you are not careful. Wow.

Last edited by alice_ashpool; 15/10/21 09:32 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
My thoughts on the patch are that I made it as far as Zevlor trying to arrest me immediately after his initial dialogue, then Shadowheart's Grove recruitment dialogue bugged out in the middle, making her un-recruitable. My MC has a face so filthy it looks like she rolled in shit, everyone elses faces are clean.

The game now also seems to cook my PC with far worse prefomance all round. 10/10

Oh, and pressing space in dialogue still auto selects the first choice if you are not careful. Wow.

The pressing space thing is my biggest fear I hate that it still happens

veteran
veteran
Honestly im starting to think about joining your "i shall pass" club. :-/
I never experienced sooooooooooooooooooooo many bugs before. :-/

I play patch 6 for around 14 Hours ... and i barely made it to the Grove. -_-

Originally Posted by Lastman
i would really like to know why we need all that dead space on the left of UI.
Well, since Day 1, Swen promised us that they know that people would like to play with 6 members party so they will keep that in mind when they create UI ...
So maybe, just maybe, they just keep that space for moders ...

I would rather know why do we need all that dead space on right side (and yes, that includes reactions)? :-/
Since if we would be able to move them both on top of our curent hotbar (or even better, hide them there just as we can with combat log) ... we would sudently have twice as much space. O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
And I personnaly would really like to know why 25% of my screen is full of UI...

This things with ennemies name and HP and (de)buff on top/middle of the screen is really really really annoying. It takes so much place for nothing.

If you place a ruler vertically in the middle of your screen during a fight you will realize that literally 25% or more of the central surface of the screen is covered by UI.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 15/10/21 10:00 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Bantril
Downloaded out of boredom and haven't made it out of the shit either. Sorcerers look cool, but frankly they're not different enough from mage to warrant the druid treatment, wish they'd released them alongside barbarians or something. Also not a fun of how much the player character talks when moving around.

You can turn that off you know, when the character is talking. Just check audio.
There is so much you can adjust. People aren't looking anymore, but write before they check.
It is still EA. If you know it doesn't add that much to warrant a full game, just come back when it is done. It is going to be a couple of months until the next big update. So live with it. There is more to life than this game wink

OR, you can live with people having negative opinions about the game. wink

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
how is the performance? my i5 - 4670k was struggling enough with the previous patch, i hate to imagine what it's going to be like now
Well, my PC could play on Ultra before with little issue and now I get jerky lag when I pan even on Medium. Laggy stuff, really slow texture pop-in and a very noticable frame-rate drop and Its enough to make me shelve immediately.

Last edited by alice_ashpool; 15/10/21 10:51 PM.
veteran
veteran
Well, my PC could play on Ultra before with little issue and now I get jerky lag when I pan even on Medium. Laggy stuff, really slow texture pop-in and a very noticable frame-rate drop and Its enough to make me shelve immediately.

Well, guess I'm sticking to other games for now then. Thanks for saving me some time

Banned
Banned

I was gonna say he can fuck off but that too.

Try DLSS, didn't play much but setting it on balanced/performance gave me way more fps than lowering shadows and whatnot.

journeyman
journeyman
Probably going to wait for a hotfix to really dive into the new patch. There are a lot of bugs that just make it a deeply unenjoyable experience overall.

“But his mind saw nothing of all this. His mind was engaged in a warfare of the gods. His mind paced outwards over no-man's-land, over the fields of the slain, paced to the rhythm of the blood's red bugles. To be alone and evil! To be a god at bay. What was more absolute?”
I'm definitely not a fan of lae'zels new idle either.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Hey at least you got a chance to try it out, the Stadia/Mac people are still waiting to see it lol, should have had an asterisk that we were buying an afterthought version.

B
stranger
stranger
B

I was gonna say he can fuck off but that too.

Now you have just proven why my reaction is justified. The other guy was in fact acting better than me, just having to ignore you. He/she is the wisest of us all.
But it proves what kind of people are walking around.
Of course you can have your opinion. But just letting you give a reaction, tells enough.
Oh well, @Boblawblah, I shouldn't have reacted, but it is crazy how today you have so many of these lads (because it is not a woman, I am sure, they tend to argument better) are around. They are not helping the world go forward, haha. Probably just sitting all day at their computer, just being spoilt. But enough of it. It is what it is, I guess, what the US Trump guy said.
So sorry to have gotten such a reaction in fact. Sad.

Game is doing fine, it is going forward, and hurried stuff is never good. Patience is a virtue. Larian has it under control. If you don't have a business yourself, you won't understand all that is going under the good.

Last edited by Bantril; 16/10/21 08:44 AM.

BG fan - Kivan and Jan all the way!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard