Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I suggest publishing bugs and shortcomings here.

So far I've noticed the following:

1. Sazza thinks that the player is trying to steal from her when trying to open the cell door with the key, and tells us to stop otherwise he will call the guards. It looks as strange as possible. Also, Sazza does not allow the cell to be opened by destroying the grate.

2. I bought steel boots for Laezel at the tieflings camp and the merchant told her that she was a thief after I put them on her.

3. I killed all tieflings, but there was no opportunity to report it to Kagha. When trying to attack druids, tieflings help and enter into battle with them; when we attack tieflings, nothing happens, druids do not react to it.

4. Sometimes a group splits up without my consent. This rarely happens, under certain circumstances. For example, I accidentally saw that Laezel was not with me, and switching to her, I saw that the guards were demanding that she apologize for stealing steel boots.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 17/10/21 06:49 AM.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
to 2:
I understood the essence of this bug. The accusation of theft occurs when you drag an item from the trade window directly to the character's equipment window

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
D
addict
addict
D
Magic missile does not seem to work.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by dwig
Can you elaborate?
Im using them and they work just fine. o_O

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
addict
Not all cinematics load. For example, the Bite scene in the camp. It was texted based only. Also, the roll is bugged and defaults to 0. Had plus 4 str and used guidance(from amulet Asterion was wearing) if that matters.

Had atleast one other scene to be texted only.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
Had atleast one other scene to be texted only.
Was it conversation with nettie next to dead Drow?
If not, count it too.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
D
addict
addict
D
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Can you elaborate?
Im using them and they work just fine. o_O

I'm actually starting to think that there is just something wrong with my install.

In any case, when I cast magic missile (or try to cast) I get to target the three missiles, but then nothing happens (spell doesn't activate, but I don't waste an action or a spell slot either).

S
SereneNight
Unregistered
SereneNight
Unregistered
S
The vampire bite scene with Astarion is only text now.

Since patch 6, the game seems to have bugs appearing even more often than before.

For example:
Character models stretching.
Dialogue cutscenes not activating.
Characters glitching and not moving fluidly in dialogue.
Characters standing before cutscenes that are supposed to knock them down, and after the cutscenes, they're standing then instantly lie down.
Lying down characters instantly standing up or moving for a second after being talked to (such as the enthralled characters on the Nautiloid; also they stand if they are attacked and missed).
Characters standing or floating forever after they die.
The leg-paralyzed Tiefling guard in the Druid Grove sitting with her legs going through the floor.
The camera focusing on empty areas in dialogue, or clipping with the characters or environments.
The camera going through walls and spinning during combat if a character is near a wall.

Also, I'm somewhat surprised that they haven't added a sorting button/automatic sorting, more camera options, improved pathfinding, fixed dialogue skipping, etc. with patch 6.

Last edited by EliasIncarnation; 16/10/21 09:40 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by EliasIncarnation
Also, I'm somewhat surprised that they haven't added a sorting button/automatic sorting,
this has been in since the very beginning.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
When I met Astarion, his leg shot up at a 45 degree angle ...sideways... in the cinematic, before the camera zoomed into his pasty face so not sue if it returned to earth). I was really hoping the model would stay like like ...seeing Astarion walking about with one leg 'akimbo' would have kept me permanently entertained hehe

I have definitely noticed more bugs than Patch 5 (at least more crashes and the model glitching, as well as a cases where my character got blasted off a ledge and then slowly levitated -in a t-pose- back the ledge, at which point the game promptly crashed). Vulkan still doesn't work for me RTX3 series, latest drivers.

Last edited by booboo; 16/10/21 07:24 PM.
veteran
veteran
I get massive lags in the beach area. I have to restart the game again, when this happens.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
stranger
stranger
I see a bunch of red blocks over my character portrait.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
Also, I'm somewhat surprised that they haven't added a sorting button/automatic sorting,
there is a slight difference between a dropdown you can't deactivate that randomly scramble all your stuff everywhere and a button to sort one bag. the first is a bug, the second is a feature.

they changed how spells are defined, check if you have a mod that touch this one

now, the bugs I'm here for :

1.(new) when you save your game and reload, all your stuff is converted into the "stats" property of its RootTemplate ( weirdly enough, it doesn't make the illithid grenades you can pickup on the nautiloid any more willing to stack )

2.(old) the hotbar is still messed with at level up, adding in racial spells, origin spells and cantrips despite all options to prevent this checked

3.(old) the wizard spell list at level up does not include the spells they learned from scrolls, same for prepared spells

4.(old) at character creation, if your race and background already cover all the options for skill proficiency of your class, you are blocked ( phb says just pick another skill )

5.(old~ish) invisibility is dispelled when picking an item up or looting a container. ( phb says "The spell ends for a target that attacks or casts a spell." which is correctly implemented )

6.(legacy) invisibility allows you to walk through a battlefield while turn order is in effect

7.(old~ish) some bags open twice the first time. it is not always the case and closing one also closes the second

8.(old) many items and containers are "out of reach" ( (new) also some of those items don't register as "Item() or IsMovable()" for the targetConditions on the Teleportation SpellType )

9.(since 5) equipping the everburn blade means your weapons will never go away. ever. again. ( on that note, either always put the weapons back or give us a button to do it "toggle combat mode" works )

I will add that I'm impressed by how few of the old stuff has been broken by the addition of metamagic and, if the first bug on this list wasn't there, I might have checked more of the game. nice job for the rest

Last edited by auriejir; 17/10/21 07:40 PM.
veteran
veteran
The cutscene with maybe-Jergal is a bit broken - he has three sentences, he doesn't finish anymore
If you sell stuff to the trader in the druid grove, he will accuse you of stealing at one point for some reason.

Last edited by fylimar; 16/10/21 09:06 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
1. When ranger summons a animal companion like the bear, everyone gets stuck shouting "SHOO!" and am unable to interact with anyone until I remove the bear.
2. After some time, all enemies stop attacking and get stuck plotting move, I'm not sure what causes this but it seems to occur after the grove party.
3. Dark vision doesn't seem to work anymore, My drow still gets disadvantage attack against obscured targets within 18m

journeyman
journeyman
when I disarm all giths, all NPCs play are unable to fight.

Originally Posted by alice_ashpool

You have to keep going back and forth between the sorting types to actually sort your inventory.
Any new items that are added to the inventory aren't sorted automatically, and there's no quick way to sort based on the sorting type.

For an example of what I mean...
My inventory with the sorting type set to "Type" looks like this (but it's still not sorted):
(Example 1)
[d1][c7][a1][c1][b2][a5][b1]
[__][__][__][__][__][__][__]

If I open the sorting type menu, choose an option other than "Type", then open it again and choose "Type", it looks like this:
(Example 2)
[a1][a5][b1][b2][c1][c7][d1]

However, if I then pick up a new item, it looks like this:
(Example 3)
[a1][a5][b1][b2][c1][c7][d1]
[b3][__][__][__][__][__][__]

If the sorting was automatic (which should be added as an option, because manual sorting can be helpful), picking up that item should have given this result:
(Example 4)
[a1][a5][b1][b2][b3][c1][c7]
[d1][__][__][__][__][__][__]

Alternatively, or rather, in addition to an automatic sorting option, there should be a button next to the sorting type menu that sorts according to the currently selected type.
With that button, I could skip the steps needed to get to Example 2.

Originally Posted by auriejir
9.(since 5) equipping the everburn blade means your weapons will never go away. ever. again. ( on that note, either always put the weapons back or give us a button to do it )

Does "Tab" work?

Last edited by EliasIncarnation; 17/10/21 08:10 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Possible spoiler warning, I guess?

Bug: When you attack the transformed sheep, that are actually redcaps, near the hags house, all of them transform back at the same time and start combat. also, the map drastically changes to the more darker version of the swamp instantly when combat starts.

I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that these redcaps were transformed to sheep unwillingly, so they can't turn back to normal even if they wanted to. So why can they all turn back to normal and go into combat when they get attacked in sheep form? The swamp changing instantly is a given tho, definitely very weird.

Originally Posted by duelist17
Possible spoiler warning, I guess?

Bug: When you attack the transformed sheep, that are actually redcaps, near the hags house, all of them transform back at the same time and start combat. also, the map drastically changes to the more darker version of the swamp instantly when combat starts.

I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that these redcaps were transformed to sheep unwillingly, so they can't turn back to normal even if they wanted to. So why can they all turn back to normal and go into combat when they get attacked in sheep form? The swamp changing instantly is a given tho, definitely very weird.

I'm not sure, but I think that...
The redcaps haven't actually been transformed into sheep.
It's just an illusion, and the redcaps are helping the hag with it.

Last edited by EliasIncarnation; 17/10/21 09:51 AM.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard